• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Strange one but looking back again, why did the Everton defender in front of Pickford opt to put his hands behind his back and attempt to inflate his stomach out quickly and largely enough to deflect the shot?

Perhaps he could have attempted to lift a leg and affect a block with his foot. That’s ‘foot’ as in the clue is in the name ‘football’. :D

Strange one but looking back again, why did the Everton defender in front of Pickford opt to put his hands behind his back and attempt to inflate his stomach out quickly and largely enough to deflect the shot?

Perhaps he could have attempted to lift a leg and affect a block with his foot. That’s ‘foot’ as in the clue is in the name ‘football’. :D

Already planted feet, should have used his face

I do wonder if he has already signed and we are waiting to announce it when it suits us best - transfer deadline day perhaps?

Its rumoured we have done this before and I just cannot believe Levy would allow a player of such supreme quality to let his contract run down for the sake of around 30k pw.

Of course Christian could be refusing to sign no matter what, but he doesnt strike me as that type and said himself a couple of months back how happy he was at Spurs when quizzed about his contract.

Maybe he signed on as long as a month ago?

I do wonder if he has already signed and we are waiting to announce it when it suits us best - transfer deadline day perhaps.

Or we are saving it to sugar coat the next stadium delay??

As much as it would be a difficult thing to hide it seems he’s happy in his play recently which I think is indicative of something positive happening behind the scenes,as he did seem to have a wobble form wise last time his contract was up for renewal and at the beginning of this season.

I think he likes being settled here, so as long as Levy doesn’t take the tinkle he’ll sign. He deserves to be close to the top of our (new) wage structure.

I do wonder if he has already signed and we are waiting to announce it when it suits us best - transfer deadline day perhaps?

Its rumoured we have done this before and I just cannot believe Levy would allow a player of such supreme quality to let his contract run down for the sake of around 30k pw.

Of course Christian could be refusing to sign no matter what, but he doesnt strike me as that type and said himself a couple of months back how happy he was at Spurs when quizzed about his contract.

I imagine Christian is waiting to see what happens at Real/Barca who both need some rebuilding in the summer.

Read into this what you will:

Eriksen has 18 months left on his contract and the manager said: 'The decision is going to happen, at the end of the season or another decision is going to happen in the next few days, in January.

We'd be mad to sell him mid season. If that's an option, the extra million we'd pocket, would possibly be lost anyway if we don't qualify for CL next season. Losing Eriksen in January could possibly derail our season completely, which is why I'm fairly certain that won't happen.

Read into this what you will:

Eriksen has 18 months left on his contract and the manager said: 'The decision is going to happen, at the end of the season or another decision is going to happen in the next few days, in January.
That didn’t sound good to me.

I KNOW that I may be grasping at straws here, but I remember reading before that he had passed up opportunities, when he was at Ajax, to go to city and chelsea because he understood be would get lost in the shuffle there. So I don’t think he will base his decision on money alone. Spurs need to pay him in line with what he worth and convince him that this is the best spot for him as a footballer.

Back