• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He was unreal yesterday, the standard of finishing is off the scale
Maybe I've been influenced by two weeks of low standard football, but I thought the first one was a real beauty of a finish.

Just looked like a situation where players often sky the ball. Wasn't a great pass, couldn't really run onto it, slightly awkward angle and had to take it first time. Obviously it's a good chance, but in my head it only really registered as half a chance at best before he struck it, and then boom. Perfect.

Should be full of confidence and joy going into the Arsenal game.

Maybe I've been influenced by two weeks of low standard football, but I thought the first one was a real beauty of a finish.

Just looked like a situation where players often sky the ball. Wasn't a great pass, couldn't really run onto it, slightly awkward angle and had to take it first time. Obviously it's a good chance, but in my head it only really registered as half a chance at best before he struck it, and then boom. Perfect.

Should be full of confidence and joy going into the Arsenal game.
I was more impressed by the third. He had to run on to a loose ball, with a defender closing fast and the keeper right in front of him, yet managed to absolutely blast it at an angle. How many times do you see those shots skied or put straight at the keeper?

That said, I've not seen a replay from behind so can't judge it for sure. Either way, he's going to be buzzing going into the NLD.

Most Spurs fans have known his quality for some time now, still amazes me that when it comes to the best of that type of midfielder in the PL the media often defaults to KDB or Ozil.

Good for him to get some country recognition (yes I know he was always famous at home, but there were polls/threads on social media this year where people were arguing if he was in top 5 Danish players of all time), hopefully dragging Denmark to the WC has cemented his status for them.

Most Spurs fans have known his quality for some time now, still amazes me that when it comes to the best of that type of midfielder in the PL the media often defaults to KDB or Ozil.

Good for him to get some country recognition (yes I know he was always famous at home, but there were polls/threads on social media this year where people were arguing if he was in top 5 Danish players of all time), hopefully dragging Denmark to the WC has cemented his status for them.

KDB is class but he would never get a hat Trick for his country ever

Jay from the inbetweeners?

Inbetweeners?

For people like me who haven't actually seen the show, this is the guy being referred to, apparently -

Great-British-Bake-Off-Jane-Beedle-Jay-Inbetweeners-701903.jpg

......both of you may have a point. :D

KDB is class but he would never get a hat Trick for his country ever

Has Eriksen ever scored a hattrick for Denmark before?

Both he and KDB are creators not really goalscorers

Both top top players, unfortunately Eriksen earns 60k a week and KDB 200k a week. :confused:

Both top top players, unfortunately Eriksen earns 60k a week and KDB 200k a week. :confused:

No but his current strike rate for his country is exceptional and he isn’t the striker so it’s even more impressive

Really confused, not a goalscorer? have to disagree mate, he may not be a striker, but he's definitely a goalscoring midfielder.

He's gets around the 10 goal a season mark for us and has 21 goals for his national side.

You WUM !!! Lol

What a show Eriksen put on, now just hope he's reserved something for the NLD is all I'm thinking

I think he will be good.

I think Eriksen has all the talent required to play at any level, he just needs a little more belief/arrogance, big games/moments help him push on.

Felt he struggled in Madrid (part of it due to Modric man marking him half the time), but the result helped, and in the return leg he looked a step up. Denmark has been a bit of a burden for him (coach in past saying brick about him), delivering that WC qualifying so much on his ability and contribution will likely help him even more.

I think he will be good.

I think Eriksen has all the talent required to play at any level, he just needs a little more belief/arrogance, big games/moments help him push on.

Felt he struggled in Madrid (part of it due to Modric man marking him half the time), but the result helped, and in the return leg he looked a step up. Denmark has been a bit of a burden for him (coach in past saying brick about him), delivering that WC qualifying so much on his ability and contribution will likely help him even more.
But it's like the Danish manager said, thank you to Ireland who had opened up a lot - which I guess they had to chasing the game. Won't see that at the effeminates, but Eriksen can certainly see and exploit those little pockets of space to strike or run into. I love how he strokes the ball when he goes for goal, the sweetest touch.

A midfield enforcer he aint, but I am more than happy with everything else he brings into the game - namely touch, technique and intelligence. Now he's on fire, all this oooozing confidence

As Martin Tyler said after Eriksen scored our third goal against Real Madrid : it is not all about Kane when you got the Dane ! Eriksen have been in brilliant form for us and Denmark lately. His hattrick for Denmark against Ireland in the World Cup play-off were brilliant. But I still think his best season for us was in 2015 when he scored 10 league goals including a few brilliant freekicks. Since then his freekicks have not been good and he has only scored 6 league goals in 2016 and 8 goals last season. Strangely, his freekicks have been much better for Denmark. Let's hope he can get back his goal-scoring freekick skills for us. Also, want him to do much better than 2015, that is to score more than 10 league goals this season.

What I enjoyed in the sacking of Madrid (!) was watching Eriksen gradually grow an understanding of how to best cope with Modric, who clearly had the upper hand on Eriksen in the early skirmishes.

At Wembley, Eriksen had much more effect and in the end, it was a despairing Modric chasing in vain as Eriksen raced clear to slot home the third goal. The dagger.

As Martin Tyler said after Eriksen scored our third goal against Real Madrid : it is not all about Kane when you got the Dane ! Eriksen have been in brilliant form for us and Denmark lately. His hattrick for Denmark against Ireland in the World Cup play-off were brilliant. But I still think his best season for us was in 2015 when he scored 10 league goals including a few brilliant freekicks. Since then his freekicks have not been good and he has only scored 6 league goals in 2016 and 8 goals last season. Strangely, his freekicks have been much better for Denmark. Let's hope he can get back his goal-scoring freekick skills for us. Also, want him to do much better than 2015, that is to score more than 10 league goals this season.
Eriksen is a far better player now than he was in 2015.... Ignore what you saw on the MoTD highlights and consider his total output.

Back