• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

We are going to "miss out" no matter how you look at it. He's not even on our radar IMO.

well regardless my opinion is that he should be among our options.......I personally rate Lukaku more but if he could score for us like he did for villa why wouldn't we be considering him..... just think pool would prob go 25m knowing them a fee which I don't think we would match.......anything over 20m would be risky........I dunno.....sorry lol guess im just desperate for a striker.

well regardless my opinion is that he should be among our options.......I personally rate Lukaku more but if he could score for us like he did for villa why wouldn't we be considering him..... just think pool would prob go 25m knowing them a fee which I don't think we would match.......anything over 20m would be risky........I dunno.....sorry lol guess im just desperate for a striker.

Nothing wrong with that the club should be desperate for a striker too.

That's the issue. Anything over about £10-12M is a massive gamble IMO.

not only a gamble, but simply not good business.. he's not worth that much, he never will be.. 15M is the absolute MAX anyone should be willing to go, unless you're chelsea or bricky.

Agree with you that Lukaku is a better player.

Benteke is Paulo Wanchope class IMO. Midtable material. Useful but he doesn't have the fine technique an elite striker like Lewandowski or Van Persie has.

I'd settle for Benteke at 15m over Defoe though.

Yeah, seen quite a bit of him for club and country but just don't think he'll ever turn out to be an elite striker. Maybe went overboard with the Wanchope comparison :lol: Just worried we'd overpay (25m +) if we were to be interested in him.

If only Adebayor had performed after his loan spell, we wouldn't be talking about a new striker:(

Last edited:
Benteke is Paulo Wanchope class IMO. Midtable material. Useful but he doesn't have the fine technique an elite striker like Lewandowski or Van Persie has.

I'd settle for Benteke at 15m over Defoe though.

Benteke has scored 38 goals in his last 71 league matches - 19 in 37 for Genk and 19 in 34 for Villa, now remind me when Paulo Wanchope had that kind of goal return.

Three years ago I do not remember hoards of Spurs fans on this forum crying out for us to sign an unknown Polish 21 year old (well to most followers of this league) but know Lewandowski is out of our price range. At 21 there were also no Spurs fans on here saying we should sign Benteke. After 19 league goals in 34 matches a number of you are still not sure about him which is quite fair, I have no problems with that. But methinks in a year or two you will all be convinced and by then alas, I fear he will be out of our price range.

I think in a couple of years time he will be as unplayable on his day as Drogba was. He is the kind of player that I think will excel as a central striker in a 433

I think he's worth a good sum of money. He has scored a lot of goals this season for a poor Villa side.

Sure, he doesn't always possess a great first touch but he's great in the air, makes life difficult for defenders and is a proven finisher.

I'd be happy with us spending £20m on him. Any striker signing will likely be either expensive or a gamble. At least with Benteke, he's proved that he can do it at Premiership level.

I do want Villa too, before anyone uses him as an alternative. I think we need two new strikers and to move Defoe on.

He is overpriced. Can someone explain why there are suddenly Belgians? Used to be just Plastic Bertrand.

Overpriced at what price? £20m? And yet some Spurs fans will tell you that £85m is a fair price for Bale, go figure

Overpriced at what price? £20m? And yet some Spurs fans will tell you that £85m is a fair price for Bale, go figure

He is overpriced because there is no way £20 million represents value for money for US.

I'd take anything over £50 million for Bale IF we can get a replacement for £20 million. Basically the same as Liverpool when selling Torres: Whatever his replacement costs + a fixed sum, in my case £30 million spare cash would be enough.

Benteke is a very good player - look at the 2 goals against Liverpool and the one against WBA in this video

[video=youtube;tcp7nbD7dqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcp7nbD7dqg[/video]

Benteke is a very good player - look at the 2 goals against Liverpool and the one against WBA in this video

[video=youtube;tcp7nbD7dqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcp7nbD7dqg[/video]

My concern is that he's played well for a team nobody gave any respect to. Who defends against Villa?

Sent from my SGP311 using Fapatalk 4 Beta

We'd get just as frustrated with Benteke as we do with Ade.. he tends to miss a brick load more than score.

Back