• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

I know that he has his fans on here but does anyone think that this would represent good value to us?

Who knows what Sherwood really thinks of Spurs players especially more experienced ones but surely there is s couple of players we could tempt him with to sweeten a deal .. A Townsend , a dembele , a Lennon , adebayor even .. Throw even just two of them in .. I actually can't think of others off top of my head !! But benteke wud be a serious buy .. Also can give option of playing Kane in behind and using him like a Rooney .. He has that ability to do that as well as play his part up top .. Benteke Kane up top would frighten a lot of teams , real handful .. And fact both not even 23 .. Absolute no brainer even at 30 mill

Who knows what Sherwood really thinks of Spurs players especially more experienced ones but surely there is s couple of players we could tempt him with to sweeten a deal .. A Townsend , a dembele , a Lennon , adebayor even .. Throw even just two of them in .. I actually can't think of others off top of my head !! But benteke wud be a serious buy .. Also can give option of playing Kane in behind and using him like a Rooney .. He has that ability to do that as well as play his part up top .. Benteke Kane up top would frighten a lot of teams , real handful .. And fact both not even 23 .. Absolute no brainer even at 30 mill

images

Yep, loan them Ade and pay half his wages. That's half his wages sorted and he can't play against us, or be a disruptive influence around our club. If Villa then offer him a contract, well we know how that goes.

I know that he has his fans on here but does anyone think that this would represent good value to us?

I am a fan but that does not represent good value.

Also as Sherwood says, there is no point signing Benteke for all that money if you are not going to play to his strengths.

Benteke has just returned from a major injury and is 7 years younger then Ade.

Ade has scored 41 goals in 106 games for Spurs

Benteke has scored 49 goals in 99 games for Villa.
I dunno whether he will add £32.5m of value to Spurs' first team playing as the spearhead of our attack but Benteke' scoring record certainly ain't too shabby for a big lump...

33uxrew.jpg

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/tim-sherwood-tells-christian-benteke-9351879

Sherwood to Benteke : There's no point going to a club where they don't cross the ball

seems to tie in with the fears people have about signing a player not suited to our style of play...
Perhaps Benteke would be able to get on the end of a few of Dier and Bentaleb' crosses...

Last edited:
The time to have bought him was the summer in which we sold Bale. Baldini had sorted a deal, but unfortunately AVB put his foot down and insisted on Soldado.

That ship has now sailed I think.

Berahino would do for me as our striker signing to complement Kane and also be able to play instead of him when necessary, with Lambert brought in as an experienced 3rd choice option for our away games in the Europa group stages, etc. Mitchell and Baldini should then be working on signing the next Benteke from somewhere down the food chain.

Good value, possibly not but I still think it would be a fantastic addition to our squad. I still think Ade and Tim's ego are our ace in the hole on this deal.

edit: I can see Chelsea jumping in on this deal just as soon as we have sorted terms.

There are plenty of other Woolworths Drogbas in the French and Belgian leagues.

M'Baye Niang has been tipped to be the next big one for a while.

and Harry Kane has 36 goals in 77 games for Spurs.

I'd rather play him.

The problem is that I doubt anyone expects Kane to have the same sort of season next year. He had a superb break out season and a wonderful purple patch in the middle of it. However, I think he scored only two goals in our last seven games (Reversion to mean anyone!?!)

The fact is we don't have any other strikers we can rely on apart from Kane. We need at least one other stellar signing striker to play either with or instead of Kane, when the situation dictates. We could certainly go with two strikers against some of the lesser sides at home where we have struggled to break down massed defences this season with our 4231 formation.

The real question is would Benteke make the difference between CL or not. In my view he just might. In that context, £32.5 million is a no brainer. Especially if we could offload some of our surplus to Villa in order to reduce the impact as someone suggested above.

The problem is that I doubt anyone expects Kane to have the same sort of season next year. He had a superb break out season and a wonderful purple patch in the middle of it. However, I think he scored only two goals in our last seven games (Reversion to mean anyone!?!)

The fact is we don't have any other strikers we can rely on apart from Kane. We need at least one other stellar signing striker to play either with or instead of Kane, when the situation dictates. We could certainly go with two strikers against some of the lesser sides at home where we have struggled to break down massed defences this season with our 4231 formation.

The real question is would Benteke make the difference between CL or not. In my view he just might. In that context, £32.5 million is a no brainer. Especially if we could offload some of our surplus to Villa in order to reduce the impact as someone suggested above.

You couldn't just bring Benteke off the bench for Kane though.

We'd also need to bring on some orthodox wingers (which we don't have any of), and swap our ballplaying CMs for goalscoring box-to-box ones (which we don't have any of).

For once I actually agree with Timmeh - Liverpool (or us) signing Benteke would be a folly. We need someone like Kane, who would slot straight into our system

That context would only make Benteke a no brainer at that price if he was the only viable candidate for that role.

Oh and regression to the mean talking about a sample size of 7 games is a bit silly...

There are plenty of other Woolworths Drogbas in the French and Belgian leagues.

M'Baye Niang has been tipped to be the next big one for a while.

You couldn't just bring Benteke off the bench for Kane though.

We'd also need to bring on some orthodox wingers (which we don't have any of), and swap our ballplaying CMs for goalscoring box-to-box ones (which we don't have any of).

For once I actually agree with Timmeh - Liverpool (or us) signing Benteke would be a folly. We need someone like Kane, who would slot straight into our system

Your fixation that Benteke is just a lump who can only head a ball is as ridiculous as it is pitiable...

Any comment on your 2013 "prediction" on Soldado's superior "fit" to our system, by the way?

We can forget it if we are talking make weights to get the deal done. I do not think that Villa would match our valuation of our cast offs and even if they did, you would have to convince them to go there.

Your fixation that Benteke is just a lump who can only head a ball is as ridiculous as it is pitiable...

Any comment on your 2013 "prediction" on Soldado's superior "fit" to our system, by the way?

Please try and be a little less confrontational. There's no need for it.

We can forget it if we are talking make weights to get the deal done. I do not think that Villa would match our valuation of our cast offs and even if they did, you would have to convince them to go there.
This is fair point but I think Tim may think he can get Ade playing at a better level again, and he just might. That could give us a bit of leverage that other clubs don't have.

Was the buy out clause common knowledge? If it wasn't and Tim put it out there then maybe they want to offload him or are resigned to the fact he's going. If Chelsea don't get involved I don'tsee any other CL club coming for him so it could be between us and Liverpool.

This is fair point but I think Tim may think he can get Ade playing at a better level again, and he just might. That could give us a bit of leverage that other clubs don't have.

Was the buy out clause common knowledge? If it wasn't and Tim put it out there then maybe they want to offload him or are resigned to the fact he's going. If Chelsea don't get involved I don'tsee any other CL club coming for him so it could be between us and Liverpool.

I think that Sherwood definitely put it out there on purpose. Learner is not going to put any money into the club this summer, so the only way that he is going to be able to spend is if he can sell a player for top whack.

If Tim was interested in Ade, we would probably let him go for free, so he is not going to work as a make weight for Benteke. With regards to the rest of our unwanted players, my guess is that Villa would probably want to bank the cash on Benteke and then see if they can push a good deal (or loan) late on for any that Tim might fancy.

Back