• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Benteke's had one good season in the Premier League - that's precisely why we need to rely on more than just looking at him and saying "he can probably do the job".

For your benefit, a list of players that had a stand out season who would have been a waste of money:

Benni McCarthy
Andrew Johnson
Kevin Phillips
Roque Santa Cruz
Michael Ricketts
Andy Carroll

That's why you don't spend £30M on a player who has had one good season - any old ****e can have one good season. If he has another like his first here then we can consider spending that kind of money.

There's not even strong rumours or ITK. People just want him because he's the main Woolworths Drogba left at a club much crapper than us.

Is he good enough now??

Benteke has just returned from a major injury and is 7 years younger then Ade.

Ade has scored 41 goals in 106 games for Spurs

Benteke has scored 49 goals in 99 games for Villa.

I thought he came back from injury last season?

Anyway - good scoring record, think he'll be out of our price range because of it

I thought he came back from injury last season?

Anyway - good scoring record, think he'll be out of our price range because of it

He did miss six weeks last season but he did the following as well, On 3 April 2014, Benteke suffered a rupture of his achilles tendon while training and was ruled out for at least six months, missing the remainder of the season and the 2014 FIFA World Cup.[45].

But as I said before the price would be high unless we can let Tim have Ade as part of the deal.

Benteke has just returned from a major injury and is 7 years younger then Ade.

Ade has scored 41 goals in 106 games for Spurs

Benteke has scored 49 goals in 99 games for Villa.

and Harry Kane has 36 goals in 77 games for Spurs.

I'd rather play him.

I never mentioned Kane :confused:, I think Kane would be better in the hole and play off Benteke.

No but we're mentioning strikers who are inferior to Kane so why should we be discussing signing any strikers anyway, especially for costs that would be better spent elsewhere. Would much rather someone like Ings than Benteke.

No but we're mentioning strikers who are inferior to Kane so why should we be discussing signing any strikers anyway, especially for costs that would be better spent elsewhere. Would much rather someone like Ings than Benteke.

Well ( imo) as I said I think we need two strikers and I believe ( imo) that Kane would be better behind a line leader. As for Ings he has had a decent season but I am not convinced by him and he is a different type of player altogether.

Saying Kane should play in the hole is like saying Keane or Sheringham should - they are capable of dropping back and getting involved, but their position is leading the line.

Well ( imo) as I said I think we need two strikers and I believe ( imo) that Kane would be better behind a line leader. As for Ings he has had a decent season but I am not convinced by him and he is a different type of player altogether.
I agree with this. I think Benteke would give us far more options up front.

In terms of price he will be expensive for sure (Soldado territory :confused:) but having just one decent striker is really putting all your eggs in the one basket. If we can wrangle Ade into the deal that might soften the blow for Villa. I'm sure Tim's ego will have him thinking he can work some magic on Ade's fragile psyche.

I don't get the Benteke thing at all.

People just seem to want a Woolworths Drogba, irrespective of whether that's the type of forward who fits into our system

Hate to bring it up (actually not really ;)) but could I refresh your memory to a post by someone you may know, back in 2013, in reply to the comment by @Rossi22: "I wish Roberto Soldado was Christian Benteke."

Re: Official - Soldado
We'd be playing a hell of a lot worse football if that was the case
. Benteke and high-possession box-probing isn't a pretty thought. Ibrahimovic at Barca springs to mind.

We have seen the end result and how much did the Harrod's striker that we bought to your unbridled delight with a prediction that he would fit fantastically into our high possession system!!

Liverpool do like to punt it long, but have lacked someone to chase down the balls the way Suarez did. Of course, no Gerrard to hit those balls any longer.

With Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, Sturridge, Origi and Sterling already on their books and apparently favorites for Ings, you do have to wonder what their plan is.

Kane is our first choice striker, can't see them making a duo, we're not going to switch 442 anytime soon.
What I feel we need, if we get rid of the two others we already got, is a back up striker to Kane and a forward that can play out wide as well as a striker.

Back