• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

if we have got any money left, and we are looking at a striker, id put one final 25 mill bid in for him

Shows the state of our summer transfer window that you can say that with a straight face. There's no way we'll sign him for that. We won't spend over £20m on a player that isn't a guaranteed starter.

And yes, I know we will rotate but I still think that, if he's fit to, Soldado will play at least 75% of games.

That said he is a great striker and I did want him to sign.

Shows the state of our summer transfer window that you can say that with a straight face. There's no way we'll sign him for that. We won't spend over £20m on a player that isn't a guaranteed starter.

And yes, I know we will rotate but I still think that, if he's fit to, Soldado will play at least 75% of games.

That said he is a great striker and I did want him to sign.

if we sell Defoe and Adebayor, imo we will be in the market for a young striker with huge potential, like Damiao, Muriel or in this case Benteke.

Soldado, Damiao/Muriel/Benteke, and Kane....should be enough to keep us going;)

seriously im just speculating. I dont think Soldado will play 75% of the games though, you never know with tiredness and potential injuries. So we will need a very good alternative plus a young striker like Kane to share the workload

if we sell Defoe and Adebayor, imo we will be in the market for a young striker with huge potential, like Damiao, Muriel or in this case Benteke.

Soldado, Damiao/Muriel/Benteke, and Kane....should be enough to keep us going;)

seriously im just speculating. I dont think Soldado will play 75% of the games though, you never know with tiredness and potential injuries. So we will need a very good alternative plus a young striker like Kane to share the workload

We wont sell Defoe in my opinion. He can come on for the last 15-20 mins in games etc thus giving Soldado extra rest time during games when theyre hopefully won. I think thats AVBs intention anyways - both Defoe and Lennon come on when the opposition are leggy and weary

nvryf.jpg

:ross:

I still think he would be a great fit for us, and he seems to be coming back into some good form again after injuries.

What could we get him for? I honestly think we could snap him up for 15-20 m right now

He is only 23/24 I think. Would be a great addition to our Belgian contingent. A forward line of Benteke, Kane and Chadli would have some considerable potency IMO

Well that's that then. I would say now let's move on but people will still be talking about us signing him for the next 3 transfer windows.

Well that's that then. I would say now let's move on but people will still be talking about us signing him for the next 3 transfer windows.

I think there is valid reason for that though he seems to be exactly what we need. (Or at least that's what a number of us believe) Add to that due to some freak injuries his price tag and list of clubs above us who would want him hasn't inflated to where we cannot get him like say Bony.

Back