• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Choose your CB pairing now the window is closed

Which CB pairing?

• Kaboul & Chiriches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaboul & Dier

• Fazio & Kaboul

• Fazio & Chiriches

• Dier & Chiriches

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are we lacking in pace now? If Chitiches isn't playing I feel we have one of the slowest CB combinations in the league now.

I guess pace isn't everything; however I fear for us at places like the Emirates now; can you imagine the pace of Walcott, Welbeck and Sanchez against Fazio, Verts, Dier and Rose?
Scary. I just hope Stambouli is bedded in by then, as i don't fancy Capoue and Bentaleb to be able to protect us from that...

Still amazes me people believe we should have a 'one side fits all' attitude towards selection.

For example, I would play Vlad against Aguero, but I would play Fazio against Andy Carroll. I would play Vertonghen at home where we will dominate the ball 90% of the time.

Its horses for courses, people used to laugh at Ferguson playing Ji Sung Park away at Arsenal years ago, but it was tactically spot on!

Still amazes me people believe we should have a 'one side fits all' attitude towards selection.

For example, I would play Vlad against Aguero, but I would play Fazio against Andy Carroll. I would play Vertonghen at home where we will dominate the ball 90% of the time.

Its horses for courses, people used to laugh at Ferguson playing Ji Sung Park away at Arsenal years ago, but it was tactically spot on!

I agree; my point is when we go up against teams who have pace AND are a threat from set-pieces who would we play??

In the past it would have been King and Dawson (height, aerial ability from both AND pace).

What combination do we have now that brings all those attributes?

That's true, but Fergie also used to rely on a centre-back pair of Ferdinand and Vidic for 99% of the crunch games. The best teams have tended to have a key partnership that they depend on in this position. That particular partnership had everything you could want.

I can see your point, but I think that developing a solid partnership and understanding between two regular starters will benefit us better than chopping and changing dependent on the opposition. Particularly at a position like CB.

Ideally you just want two strong, good in the air, pacey center backs who also happen to be good on the ball. Hopefully someone at Spurs took some of Ledley's blood before he retired and Danny boy is working on getting that cloning device in as we speak.

I have it on good authority that having watched the training video yesterday on spurstv that Fazio will play left side and kaboul (fcuk) will play right side.

eh? vertonghen dropped?

I'd prefer if we gave Kaboul and Vertonghen a chance to get a run of games. However, Vertonghen has had a kick up the ar*e coming his way for awhile now. He's started this season off as sloppy as he played the last one. Kaboul I can forgive somewhat, due to his long lay-off. Vertonghen really needs to up his game though.

As I said, if it were up to me, Id keep the team the same.

Back