• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Choose your CB pairing now the window is closed

Which CB pairing?

• Kaboul & Chiriches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaboul & Dier

• Fazio & Kaboul

• Fazio & Chiriches

• Dier & Chiriches

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can I just say though, that barring one awful mistake in the first match, Kaboul was very good against West Ham, Limassol and QPR. So was our defending in general, so one bad display against Liverpool does not = scrapheap just yet.

I think people are taking into consideration last season too.

They played like sh1t against Liverpool, and I'm not the biggest fan of either, but I'd go Kaboul and Vertonghen and give them a good run.

Dier, it seems, is gonna be a right-back for us til Walker comes back, and we dunno when that's gonna be. Fazio and Chiriches to compete for a spot, and they'll get a chance unless Kaboul and Vertonghen both improve.

They played like sh1t against Liverpool, and I'm not the biggest fan of either, but I'd go Kaboul and Vertonghen and give them a good run.

Dier, it seems, is gonna be a right-back for us til Walker comes back, and we dunno when that's gonna be. Fazio and Chiriches to compete for a spot, and they'll get a chance unless Kaboul and Vertonghen both improve.

For me, Kabouls performance against Liverpool means he never plays another game for Spurs again. He's even behind Capoue at centre half now for me.

For me, Kabouls performance against Liverpool means he never plays another game for Spurs again. He's even behind Capoue at centre half now for me.

I hope that goes for Eriksen too then who i thought had a terrible game.

Nope, I am with you mate. I'm struggling to see what his outstanding attributes are right now. If we want a ball playing centre half, then Chiriches seems a better choice. But first season he was good, but I've never seen him as an outstanding defender. Dawson was one of the few we have who loved to defend. He was unfortunately error prone. Ledders made it look like an art form. Like the italians

It's a complete and utter myth that Chiriches is a "ball playing centre back". He can run with the ball but that doesn't make him ball playing CB and tbh Vertonghen is far far far far superior in every single way possible.

This seems like one of those cases when a player hasn't played for a long time and is hyped up...until he plays and people realise how bad he is/was. Kind of reminds me of Kaboul when everyone and his dog predicted that his return to the team would result in our backline being solid...instead what we got was a washed up footballer on his last legs costing us goals galore.

Can I just say though, that barring one awful mistake in the first match, Kaboul was very good against West Ham, Limassol and QPR. So was our defending in general, so one bad display against Liverpool does not = scrapheap just yet.

Kaboul was awful against West Ham! Got bullied by Carlton Cole, lost countless headers, gave the ball away and erm, got the run around Carlton Cole.

He was poor against west ham, bullied and beaten for pace by Carlton cole.

Am I the only one that isn't all that impressed with Vertonghen? Don't really see what he brings that should make him first choice.

He acted like he was too big for Spurs last season and yet his performances were the equivalent of a lower mid table CB.

Having said that, I do rate him highly when he's on form so I would persist.

Back