• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

I understand why you would say that, but as a young player you must have belief in your own ability and feel sure you can force your way into the team, if you didn't take that opportunity you may regret it, like all transfers it's a gamble for both the club and the player. I think Mourinho did show that Chelsea have a policy of buying to stop their rivals getting players when he said it's not possible to do that at United.

I noticed moanrinho said that as well, the media never picked up on it, which shows they dont know what real fans at clubs like us think.

It was along the lines of...you cant anymore just sign two players from spurs or everton and kill them.

He actually used the word kill it is why i guess he only ever manages clubs with big budgets. I hope he gets the cancer of the penis, or seasick.

Don't buy it. It's either greed, stupidity or a mixture of both that made them choose Chelsea. Batshuayi had other offers, including one from Spurs, that most likely would have been much more beneficial to his career in the long run. He chose the big bucks right away instead of going to a team like Spurs that is known for promoting young talent and in a bigger need of a striker than Chelsea. Now, he will bounce around in a few min table teams around Europe over the next few years and will eventually be forgotten.

Exactly, and lets be clear, choice of

- Play with a club that may have 1 or 2 players in front of you
- Play for a club that already has 38 other players out on loan and likely has 7+ players for your position. That club also has no reputation/history of integrating young players into first 11.

If your choice was #2, its the money ...

Don't buy it. It's either greed, stupidity or a mixture of both that made them choose Chelsea. Batshuayi had other offers, including one from Spurs, that most likely would have been much more beneficial to his career in the long run. He chose the big bucks right away instead of going to a team like Spurs that is known for promoting young talent and in a bigger need of a striker than Chelsea. Now, he will bounce around in a few min table teams around Europe over the next few years and will eventually be forgotten.
Agreed, as per Cuadrado.

I agree that it is ultimately the players choice. However, we are generally talking about people who are not that educated, have being playing football at a level where they have been the star players, and are surrounded by people telling them how great they are (agents, hangers-on, and others with vested interests). If they have been a success at every level they have played, they will readily believe that they are ready for a big step up. I doubt they spend much time researching the history of youth players at the club before deciding and neither the club or agent are likely to tell them.

My son has just told me Chelsea are paying Loftus-Cheek £60k a week, I can't imagine us ever being able to pay that sort of money to an inexperienced player. I think it's terrible for the game if this boy is as good as people say he should be playing every week. It must be holding back the development of English players if the likes of City and Chelsea sign young players and never use them.

My son has just told me Chelsea are paying Loftus-Cheek £60k a week, I can't imagine us ever being able to pay that sort of money to an inexperienced player. I think it's terrible for the game if this boy is as good as people say he should be playing every week. It must be holding back the development of English players if the likes of City and Chelsea sign young players and never use them.

It's easy for them though as they know they can hype him to the hills and flog him for very good money regardless of his wages

And your right about these players being held back by these clubs but that's the players choice he makes when he signed the deal

It's easy for them though as they know they can hype him to the hills and flog him for very good money regardless of his wages

And your right about these players being held back by these clubs but that's the players choice he makes when he signed the deal

I don't think many teams would pay big money for him if he can't get a game and his wages will be a problem for all but the wealthy few.

I don't think many teams would pay big money for him if he can't get a game and his wages will be a problem for all but the wealthy few.

We sold Livermore for £8m quid

I'd say he is held in higher regard than him

They have sold other players for crazy money considering how little they achieved

Hell they got mega money for Oscar

I don't think £8m is big money in todays market and Oscar certainly had achieved more than Loftus-Cheek has so far, I'm sure we wouldn't have got £8m for Livermore if his wages were £60k a week.

I think a lot of them aren't really all that bright, plus they're arrogant, and on top of that, they get bad advice from greedy agents.

I understand why people say players who join Chelsea are only after the money, but I think it's more like they have a high opinion of their skill and have (over) confidence of getting in the first team. I've never met a professional footballer who didn't believe they were very good.

So then, no mention of the disgraceful amount of injury time played in chelbricks game yesterday! 3 extra mins on top of 7 mins injury time?!?!? Even more sus than fergie time imo!

So then, no mention of the disgraceful amount of injury time played in chelbricks game yesterday! 3 extra mins on top of 7 mins injury time?!?!? Even more sus than fergie time imo!
TBH having watched the injury time, most of the added on was down to Palace players going down feigning injury

I understand why people say players who join Chelsea are only after the money, but I think it's more like they have a high opinion of their skill and have (over) confidence of getting in the first team. I've never met a professional footballer who didn't believe they were very good.

The good players will usually have gone through the youth ranks being the best players on their teams. They learn to expect to be better than their peers and making the grade at each level. Add in greedy agents and hangers-on encouraging them and it would take an unusual layer to turn it down because he wasn't good enough. The best you can expect is a player thinking that they are not quite ready to be a regular starters and look for more playing time.

Also some positions require an incredible level of arrogance, notably goalkeeper and striker. You see what happens when a goalkeeper loses confidence (e.g. Gomes) and strikers need to forget the miss, regardless of how bad, and expect to score next time. This doesn't fit with the mentality to assess whether they are good enough for a top club.

There is also the fact that you get better when playing with and against better players. It's part of the challenge of sport and most successful footballers have the drive to improve themselves.

How did this thread fall off the first page?

The Daily Telegraph revealed how City manager Pep Guardiola was caught up in a heated argument between Chelsea fitness coach Paolo Bertelli and City masseur Mark Sertori in the mouth of the tunnel following Chelsea’s 2-1 victory on Wednesday.

It has now been alleged Bertelli instigated the row by telling Sertori “we just f----- you up the a---”, while there are also suggestions that Guardiola verbally abused a Stamford Bridge steward. Both clubs strongly deny the claims.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...r-city-deny-fresh-accusations-tunnel-bust-up/

I found this quote about Costa from Conte is telling ...

Asked what qualities, other than scoring, Costa offers, Conte said: “His experience. His character. His personality.

Back