• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Just want it to be wednesday already and 3 points in the bag. Such a vital game. I don't think I'd cope if we blew it.
After surviving “lasagne-gate”, “mind the gap” and “we put the pressure on” I’m sure you’ve also developed the coping mechanisms to get over it should the worst happen!

However I’m confident that our next 2 opponents are already thinking about their summer holidays whilst the other 3 contenders for CL spots have their minds on cup finals, which will allow Kane to accomplish the three-peat of Golden Boots as we snatch 2nd spot :cool:

This is fair but then it just comes down to a ridiculously small number of games to draw conclusions from - one-off cup games v the big boys, how many of those have we had? The 3 previously mentioned? 3 cup games against sides higher than us in the league and a CL cup tie v one of the biggest names in European football and we're supposed to see that as evidence of a deep rooted problem? Im just not buying it

It's not only those games though, in the Leicester season we had 2 opportunities to go top of the league (albeit we would have played more games) and put pressure on them but we blew them, think one was against West Ham, there was also the Chelsea game that season. We also had chances to put pressure on Chelsea last season but didn't although we had an amazing run to finish the season.

It's not only those games though, in the Leicester season we had 2 opportunities to go top of the league (albeit we would have played more games) and put pressure on them but we blew them, think one was against West Ham, there was also the Chelsea game that season. We also had chances to put pressure on Chelsea last season but didn't although we had an amazing run to finish the season.
We only had one chance to go top in the Leicester season and that was in our game against Woolwich, which we managed to draw albeit being a man up. I forgive that, as we were in a position we hadn't been before and much quicker than even the players expected. I think the occasion might have got to them.

But last year we won 13 of our last 14 games. How much more do you think we should have done??

I can understand getting down after a bad run or defeat. But if fans can’t get behind our team ‘before’ a game, then thier has to be a fundamental problem in their mentality.

I think we do have a problem as a fanbase tbf and im not refering to recent debates on here im talking with regards to in the stands - we don't tend to get behind the team when things go against us or when they need a bit of a lift, was evident at Wembley in the semi recently, the nerves were on display from the outset - was actually quite taken aback by it when i got to my seat

I can understand getting down after a bad run or defeat. But if fans can’t get behind our team ‘before’ a game, then thier has to be a fundamental problem in their mentality.

You don’t think we’re on a bad run?

Then factor in:

1. Missing out on the CL because of fudging lasagna
2. Missing out on the CL because Chelsea, under a hopeless manager, beat a German side on penalties in Germany to win the Champions League
3. Missing out on the CL because Ben Foster got injured in the warm up and Fulop gifted Arsenal 3 points
4. Missing out on second place and finishing above Arsenal for the first time in over 20 years because we imploded spectacularly

We’ve had a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot whenever we’ve had the chance and then Lady Luck has shot us in the other foot. Bitch.

So, forgive me if I feel that we’re gearing up for the most sexy Spurs-up of all time. Beat Chelsea in the first time since forever at their place and then gift those racist rent boys a CL spot at our expense. Only Spurs.

If there’s a problem with my mentality, it’s because of decades of mental scars inflicted by the club that, even if they inflict the biggest one of all, I know I’d still love as long as my arse looks south.

If my wife did this to me, I’d divorce her. If the kids did it, I’d disown them. But damn you Tottenham Hotspur, no matter what you do, no matter how much pain you cause me, you’ll always be my team.

I think we do have a problem as a fanbase tbf and im not refering to recent debates on here im talking with regards to in the stands - we don't tend to get behind the team when things go against us or when they need a bit of a lift, was evident at Wembley in the semi recently, the nerves were on display from the outset - was actually quite taken aback by it when i got to my seat

Well the team are top 4, unfortunately some of our fans are definitely mid table in their team support !

Back