• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I think if we do win and City smash Chelsea, they might feel they've fallen out of reach as they're so flaky and Conte will implode/explode/make a mess of himself one way or another. Would love to nick 3rd or even 2nd (miracle) but I think we might have to settle for 4th and do the daft, arse-clenching play-off thing. 3rd would be SO much better.

No playoff next season. UEFA changed the rules to benefit the richest clubs even more.

13 of 6th, nice gap that

15qotjt.jpg

5 points clear of 5th now, 13 of 6th, nice gap that

Looks good doesn’t it? Still a bit weary that Chelsea could pick up a surprise result tomorrow. I expect Emirates Marketing Project to win but wouldn’t be shocked if Chelsea managed to sneak a point or maybe more.

Liverpool look a good bet for 2nd. Still think we could get 3rd or maybe 2nd if we really start firing on all cylinders.

Both us and Liverpool have to go to Cheatski still - those games are looking huge, particularly the Liverpool one given how close it is to the end of the season

Both us and Liverpool have to go to Cheatski still - those games are looking huge, particularly the Liverpool one given how close it is to the end of the season

If any year is gonna be the year when we finally when at their place then it’s this year but I can’t see it. They will get themselves up for the game against us just like West Ham do just because it’s Spurs.

If any year is gonna be the year when we finally when at their place then it’s this year but I can’t see it. They will get themselves up for the game against us just like West Ham do just because it’s Spurs.
For a second there I thought you were going to say "it's their cup final." :eek:

Probably is, the way things are shaping up for them...

I will not be at the Amex today but will be watching with at a friends house who is a Brighton fan, and for the day I will be cheering them on like mad. Hope they stay up even if there run in is crazy tough.

Also not sure if i have mentioned it, but I fcuking hate Arsenal.

Liverpool look a certainty for second. They are playing some fantastic football and have the easiest run in out of all the sides.

I don't really want to comment on UTD, because they look tinkle poor quite often but have the quality to edge most teams they face. The same goes for Chelsea too. I'm hoping City give them a hiding tomorrow, more for the psychological damage than anything else. Our game with Chelsea will be the decider, as I cannot see us beating City either. Really we need to establish a 6 point gap on them, so if we do lose to both them and City we can hold onto our goal difference.

Liverpool look a certainty for second. They are playing some fantastic football and have the easiest run in out of all the sides.

I don't really want to comment on UTD, because they look tinkle poor quite often but have the quality to edge most teams they face. The same goes for Chelsea too. I'm hoping City give them a hiding tomorrow, more for the psychological damage than anything else. Our game with Chelsea will be the decider, as I cannot see us beating City either. Really we need to establish a 6 point gap on them, so if we do lose to both them and City we can hold onto our goal difference.

Not sure that they're a certainty at all. For the first 30 mins yesterday they were missing Coutinho badly and struggling to get the ball moving remotely quickly. Then Saudi Sportswashing Machine decided to give Salah 10 yards of space and it was 1-0. They also still have to go to Utd, Everton and Cheatski, as well as their consistent achilles heal of killing off some weaker teams at home. If their results against Man U and Cheaski are the same as ours against Man C and Cheakski then whether we finish above or below them will come down to how we each deal with those weaker teams

Not sure that they're a certainty at all. For the first 30 mins yesterday they were missing Coutinho badly and struggling to get the ball moving remotely quickly. Then Saudi Sportswashing Machine decided to give Salah 10 yards of space and it was 1-0. They also still have to go to Utd, Everton and Cheatski, as well as their consistent achilles heal of killing off some weaker teams at home. If their results against Man U and Cheaski are the same as ours against Man C and Cheakski then whether we finish above or below them will come down to how we each deal with those weaker teams

And they don’t have an easier run in than us or have a team in as good a form despite the hype

Their doing incredibly well considering their limitations and it’s because they score goals. They have kept more clean sheets too than
people realise

2nd to 4th makes little difference now though

So what if they struggled for the first thirty minutes, do we always steamroll teams for the start or something? In fact with liverpool their issue has been more running out of steam. They are a fantastic attacking team whilst missing one of their most instrumental players Lallana for most of the season - only City are better going forward than them as is reflected in the goals scored column and their defence really isn’t as bad as is made out. Some posters do have a weird problem with giving Liverpool credit....

So what if they struggled for the first thirty minutes, do we always steamroll teams for the start or something? In fact with liverpool their issue has been more running out of steam. They are a fantastic attacking team whilst missing one of their most instrumental players Lallana for most of the season - only City are better going forward than them as is reflected in the goals scored column and their defence really isn’t as bad as is made out. Some posters do have a weird problem with giving Liverpool credit....

Their great at attacking as they try to blitz teams

The issue is it comes with a sacrifice in defence which is odd for a long ball counter attacking system

They will always score though which is what helps them but against any half decent side they concede too

I'm not sure whether the final comment was aimed at me - the league table after almost 30 games is always going to be broadly reflective of where teams are and I don't remember many people saying that they're not a top 5 team...same as us, Cheatski and Man U.

My reference to the first 30 mins is that its hard to believe that the loss of Coutinho won't hit them given he was their main creative midfielder. None of Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Can or Oxlade-C are remotely creative, whilst Lallana has barely been seen. City are great going forwards partly because they play at least one creative midfielder in de Bruyne, sometimes a second one in David Silva in addition to their front 3. That's up to 5 very attacking players. To me that's very different to Liverpool who play their front 3 and then have creatively-limited midfielders

Their great at attacking as they try to blitz teams

The issue is it comes with a sacrifice in defence which is odd for a long ball counter attacking system

They will always score though which is what helps them but against any half decent side they concede too
Well there’s many ways to skin a cat. They’ve got the second best GD in the league, have been ahead of us for most of the season. Their defence really isn’t that bad, and with Van Dijk is definitely looking better. They don’t have any real issues at all....

I'm not sure whether the final comment was aimed at me - the league table after almost 30 games is always going to be broadly reflective of where teams are and I don't remember many people saying that they're not a top 5 team...same as us, Cheatski and Man U.

My reference to the first 30 mins is that its hard to believe that the loss of Coutinho won't hit them given he was their main creative midfielder. None of Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Can or Oxlade-C are remotely creative, whilst Lallana has barely been seen. City are great going forwards partly because they play at least one creative midfielder in de Bruyne, sometimes a second one in David Silva in addition to their front 3. That's up to 5 very attacking players. To me that's very different to Liverpool who play their front 3 and then have creatively-limited midfielders
No it wasn’t aimed at you, just remember having a debate in this thread not long ago with some posters claiming we are obviously better than Liverpool. We are at best equal....

Back