• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Thanks for those mudshark. We're in for a fight, that's for sure. Could prove vital getting those 3 points yesterday.That would be a very good run if we can make it happen. Several teams left that will have a decent or even good chance of beating us. And many teams who have a small chance, but a small chance times many games still makes it a distinct possibility.

Everyone has a chance in this league no doubt

But I think we’re that solid and have options now

I also think city look a bit leggy and there the best side we have left to play

Nothing would surprise me but were that good IMO

Last edited:
Thanks for those mudshark. We're in for a fight, that's for sure. Could prove vital getting those 3 points yesterday.That would be a very good run if we can make it happen. Several teams left that will have a decent or even good chance of beating us. And many teams who have a small chance, but a small chance times many games still makes it a distinct possibility.
The pressure of getting a victory every week is immense but we have experience of it now and do generally deal with it well.
We're great at just focusing on the next game and also at minimising the brick that surrounds us that has little to do with the match.
Result prediction is a fruitless game. Look at the returns from our 'hard' set of fixtures for example.

But look at it this way, we have 10 games to go.....2 PTS a game is doable....will 75pts equal CL??

The pressure of getting a victory every week is immense but we have experience of it now and do generally deal with it well.
We're great at just focusing on the next game and also at minimising the brick that surrounds us that has little to do with the match.
Result prediction is a fruitless game. Look at the returns from our 'hard' set of fixtures for example.

But look at it this way, we have 10 games to go.....2 PTS a game is doable....will 75pts equal CL??

80 is the minimum IMO.

80 is the minimum IMO.
Yeah. I think I'm being conservative and we are capable of more.

We are virtually running at 2pts a game so far this season....and it would probably be fair to say that it's only since Xmas we've got going.

Think sneaking it at palace was big and of course Chelsea away is a no lose.

Edit: that said if we beat Chelsea they would have to win all their other 9 games to get 80pts.

Everyone has a chance in this league no doubt

But I think we’re that solid and have options now

I also think city look a bit leggy and there the best side we have left to play

Nothing would surprise me but were that good IMO

I think we'll lose at Chelsea because thats what we do. Other than that, I could see us winning the majority of our remaining league games.

I posted this a few matchdays ago, but figured I'd re-post to see where we stand:

Team(H/A) - Predicted Points - Actual Points
Southampton(A) - 3 - 1
Manchester United(H) - 1 - 3
Liverpool(A) - 1 - 1
Arsenal(H) - 3 - 3
Crystal Palace(A) - 3 - 3
Huddersfield Town(H) - 3
AFC Bournemouth(A) - 3
Saudi Sportswashing Machine(H) - 3
Chelsea(A) - 1
Stoke City(A) - 3
Emirates Marketing Project(H) - 1
Brighton & Hove Albion(A) - 3
Watford(H) - 3
West Bromwich Albion(A) - 3
Leicester City(H) - 3

So far so good. A draw at Chelski and even if we lose to City we'd be on 80 points. The best they could do is 80 points, if they draw with us and even if they beat us they have some tough fixtures still. So I think 80 is the guaranteed CL qualification points total required, but 76-77 should do it also.

One game at a time is the way to go.

This ... but more importantly. it's what your peers do as well

Out of top 4 contenders
- City is the only one safe
- Pool unfortunately I think will outscore enough people to get the points for top 4
- United will grind their way through, still think it could go tits up for them.
- Scum are likely out, 10 points our with 11 to play and season derailing
- Chelsea is the next to flouder, City & us in their next 3 games in PL, plus cup games against Barca & Leicester in between.

This ... but more importantly. it's what your peers do as well

Out of top 4 contenders
- City is the only one safe
- Pool unfortunately I think will outscore enough people to get the points for top 4
- United will grind their way through, still think it could go tits up for them.
- Scum are likely out, 10 points our with 11 to play and season derailing
- Chelsea is the next to flouder, City & us in their next 3 games in PL, plus cup games against Barca & Leicester in between.

I do not disagree with any of that, but i have always thought ( during my playing days) the only thing worth worrying about is my team getting a result. What others do and looking at games weeks ahead is fruitless at best. ( imo).

I do not disagree with any of that, but i have always thought ( during my playing days) the only thing worth worrying about is my team getting a result. What others do and looking at games weeks ahead is fruitless at best. ( imo).

True .. we still need to put points on the board.

My point is/was it's highly likely at least one of Chelsea/United/Pool aren't going to run the board from here on in.

So I know things like this never happen to us ROFL........but if we edge Chelsea out for fourth and they and the Goons win in Europe....we get shafted again.

Of course this could happen around the opposite way.....which would obviously not only be glorious (as CL winners) but sweet revenge.

Another little bit of fun: we're currently topping the London mini-league as well.
Code:
Mini-league     P  W  D  L  F  A  GD Pt
---------------------------------------
Tottenham       7  4  1  2  8  7  +1 13
Arsenal         7  3  3  1 11  6  +5 12
West Ham        6  1  4  1  7  7   0  7
Chelsea         5  1  2  2  5  6  -1  5
Crystal Palace  7  1  2  4  8 13  -5  5

So I know things like this never happen to us ROFL........but if we edge Chelsea out for fourth and they and the Goons win in Europe....we get shafted again.

Of course this could happen around the opposite way.....which would obviously not only be glorious (as CL winners) but sweet revenge.
Heh. The only thing sweeter than winning the Champions' League this season would be winning the Champions' League and finishing 5th, thus robbing Arsenal or Chelsea (I really don't care which) of a place next season.

I do wonder how things would have turned out had we been in the CL 2012/13. Would we have stuck with Redknapp? Or would AVB have had a very different first season?

Well, Chelsea will need to go through us to win it, so I don't see that happening. ;)

Heh. The only thing sweeter than winning the Champions' League this season would be winning the Champions' League and finishing 5th, thus robbing Arsenal or Chelsea (I really don't care which) of a place next season.

I do wonder how things would have turned out had we been in the CL 2012/13. Would we have stuck with Redknapp? Or would AVB have had a very different first season?
All top 4 would still qualify, unless Woolwich wins the EL, in which case the 4th team would be out.

All top 4 would still qualify, unless Woolwich wins the EL, in which case the 4th team would be out.
Oh of course. So the only possible combination that gives us revenge over Chelsea would be us winning the CL (yay) and Arsenal winning the EL (boo). Bah. In which case top 4 and the CL trophy would do nicely.

I think if we do win and City smash Chelsea, they might feel they've fallen out of reach as they're so flaky and Conte will implode/explode/make a mess of himself one way or another. Would love to nick 3rd or even 2nd (miracle) but I think we might have to settle for 4th and do the daft, arse-clenching play-off thing. 3rd would be SO much better.

Back