• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Zaha swap GKN + £?m :D in a heartbeat.

We must get all the players fit. IF they are not good enough or permanently under the requirement needed for the Premier then get rid. We must maximise our financial clout. Not waste it on crocked and lesser makeweights.

Personally think a Top 6 finish away from home for a season would be a result. Too many teams are 'sussing us out' at Wembley. Dropping too many points at home and nowhere good enough in those big away games to get a Top 4 finish.
Would love to see us sign an 'impact' player in Jan, but just dont see us splashing the cash then.

We could well struggle next season too, with a 'bedding-in' season at the New Lane, but it will be the price we have to pay, hopefully only short-term, to help us move forwards another step.

I still believe we can/could make the top four but those who are saying that the likes of Pool/Arse can not are looking through blue tinted glasses ( imo).

It's a three horse race for the 4th birth imho. Arsenal, Liverpool and ourselves. I can see Man U slipping into the fight also as they are not brilliant!
City and Chelsea will be 1st and 2nd on current form.

It's a three horse race for the 4th birth imho. Arsenal, Liverpool and ourselves. I can see Man U slipping into the fight also as they are not brilliant!
City and Chelsea will be 1st and 2nd on current form.

Pretty much how i see it, City ( imo) look the best side in the Prem and Utd ( imo) will improve over the season, Chelski will be in there as well. I know its pointless trying to choose what the final places will be but at the moment i would go City, Utd, Chelski in that order.

Pretty much how i see it, City ( imo) look the best side in the Prem and Utd ( imo) will improve over the season, Chelski will be in there as well. I know its pointless trying to choose what the final places will be but at the moment i would go City, Utd, Chelski in that order.

Yep that's my take. Just need some fresh legs for the bench, Eriksen looks spent ATM and needs a weeks break, Dele need competition which would help and motivate him. The return of Wanyama would be wonderful but I won't hold my breath. Winks is being driven hard for a young'un and will need Dembele more often to help and Dier back in midfield in the new year will be great!
Barkley might take time IF he comes, but it would give us quality options.

I still expect us to finish above Scum and Liverpool unless both sides seriously improve their defences. That doesn't mean to say we are not capable of spursing it up, we've finished below Scum numerous times in recent memory despite having better players than them. Then there's the Wembley factor or lack of playing at WHL factor might be more appropriate.

Personally think a Top 6 finish away from home for a season would be a result. Too many teams are 'sussing us out' at Wembley. Dropping too many points at home and nowhere good enough in those big away games to get a Top 4 finish.
Would love to see us sign an 'impact' player in Jan, but just dont see us splashing the cash then.

We could well struggle next season too, with a 'bedding-in' season at the New Lane, but it will be the price we have to pay, hopefully only short-term, to help us move forwards another step.

I have to say I disagree. I think although we have dropped points against Burnley, Swansea and now WBA at home we will still win enough in those away games to compensate. We won't get near our 86 points of last season and I would expect it to be somewhere like 75/76 overall at the season's end. I don't see Arsenal managing to go too long before imploding with some recycled nonsense regarding team spirit + Ozil/Sanchez and Liverpool are far too brittle defensively and looking like Mane could have ongoing issues with his hamstring.

I think next season could be our best chance of winning the title to be honest. I think the season at Wembley will mean the players are relieved to get back home and therefore negates the fact we are in a new stadium. Zaha would be a real shout for me. Personally speaking, If we could sign Zaha/Mahrez + Richarlson and Sessegnon over the Jan and Summer windows then I would be very, very happy. We are in desperate need of 2 players like Mahrez/Zaha in the squad for me because we don't actually have anyone who can beat a player other than Dembele and that are able to carry the ball of long distances.

we have dropped points against Burnley, Swansea and now WBA at home
This... plus City winning with a hugely lucky deflection and Utd winning with a hugely lucky deflection and the Goons winning with a last minute penalty...and that is just this weekend... plus Cheatski beat us right at the death with a self-inflicted goal... Utd we should not have lost, just a simple clearance really... Goons just spanked us... hmmm, not a happy bunny right now, we need a big swing of fortune in December.

We'll finish in the top 4 because I do not think, over the course of a 38 game league season, there are four better sides than us. We're about where we were at the same stage last season, even in terms of the patchy form.

Last season after 13 games: P13 W6 D6 L1 F19 A10 -- 24 points

This season after 13 games: P13 W7 D3 L3 F21 A10 -- 24 points

For the equivalent fixtures/results for this season's games compared to last season's, we are 3 points worse off. So again, we are roundabout where we were. Of course, we are doing much better in the Champions League this season compared to last, so we seem to have a better handle on playing in the two competitions this time around.

Finishing outside the top 4, with this team and manager, would be a total failure and should be viewed as such. But I honestly don't think we will fail. City seem a bit relentless right now and it's difficult to see anybody catching them. Other than that, given that our start is similar to last season and that we have players who are coming back into the fold now (Rose, Lamela, Toby in the new year, Big Vic at some point we hope) I don't think we have anything to fear and we're doing alright.

This... plus City winning with a hugely lucky deflection and Utd winning with a hugely lucky deflection and the Goons winning with a last minute penalty...and that is just this weekend... plus Cheatski beat us right at the death with a self-inflicted goal... Utd we should not have lost, just a simple clearance really... Goons just spanked us... hmmm, not a happy bunny right now, we need a big swing of fortune in December.

That is just one weekend though. Over the course of a season I think we will finish above Liverpool and Arsenal with a chance of finishing above Chelsea. We will win enough games away from home to compensate in some ways for our up and down home form and the home games that tend to be awkward for us ( Palace, WBA, Burnley) because of style of play, we have got out of the way already so I fancy our points tally to pick up a bit more between now and new year.

Really think we need to be in top form for the next month as the are so many league games coming up, a bad month and it will be a very hard task.

It’s a time where we have in the past excelled to be fair however were missing Toby and were permanently away...

What I would say is that the other teams will still have blips too and it’s a long season ahead

Back