• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I obviously watch Spurs more than Liverpool but yes, I'd say that we're more off-form than those two. Again though you're putting words in my mouth by saying using the word 'clearly', which I don't believe I've said
I wouldn't bother @AdamB , you'll waste your whole Sunday arguing the semantics.

I think a rolled up Sunday newspaper might be in order, to kill a bee in someone's bonnet.

I obviously watch Spurs more than Liverpool but yes, I'd say that we're more off-form than those two. Again though you're putting words in my mouth by saying using the word 'clearly', which I don't believe I've said
I never said you directly said the word clearly, that’s my wording because some are stating almost as fact we are better than Liverpool and Arsenal and being far too dismissive. Some fans have definitely got above their stations in regards to how good we really are....

I wouldn't bother @AdamB , you'll waste your whole Sunday arguing the semantics.

I think a rolled up Sunday newspaper might be in order, to kill a bee in someone's bonnet.
Sorry to disappoint but I haven’t got a bee in my bonnet. Just stating the obvious really, we are on a level with the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool this season - I’m happy with the direction we have been going in. What exactly is the issue with what I’ve said?

I never said you directly said the word clearly, that’s my wording because some are stating almost as fact we are better than Liverpool and Arsenal and being far too dismissive. Some fans have definitely got above their stations in regards to how good we really are....

We are better than both of those sides and for my money Chelsea and United too - we have a lot of injuries to contend with, more so than any of our rivals afaia and are struggling with the home stadium issue which of course is a unique situation that we find ourselves in - I'm not sure why you're so quick to ignore both of those issues which are clearly effecting the team

We are better than both of those sides and for my money Chelsea and United too - we have a lot of injuries to contend with, more so than any of our rivals afaia and are struggling with the home stadium issue which of course is a unique situation that we find ourselves in - I'm not sure why you're so quick to ignore both of those issues which are clearly effecting the team
Yes we are all aware of the Wembley issue, but as far as I’m aware the discussion is about being better than them this season, so like it or not Wembley can’t be used as an excuse. Neither for my money can injuries, whether you have more or less than a contender every club has to contend with them and if we haven’t got the squad to cope with a few more then that’s our problem. Arsenal have a massive squad, Liverpool not so much but have been without Lallana and Mane, an underperforming Coutinho and all teams fans will find excuses. We might finish ahead of them, equally we might not. There is no clear winner in terms of quality, you can’t say without any sort of bias we are definitely better than them this season....

Yes we are all aware of the Wembley issue, but as far as I’m aware the discussion is about being better than them this season, so like it or not Wembley can’t be used as an excuse. Neither for my money can injuries, whether you have more or less than a contender every club has to contend with them and if we haven’t got the squad to cope with a few more then that’s our problem. Arsenal have a massive squad, Liverpool not so much but have been without Lallana and Mane, an underperforming Coutinho and all teams fans will find excuses. We might finish ahead of them, equally we might not. There is no clear winner in terms of quality, you can’t say without any sort of bias we are definitely better than them this season....

I'm not really sure what your point is then tbh

Form wise of course we are no better than the teams around us, the league table explains that rather well by itself - but form is temporary and there are clearly very valid reasons for us to be underperforming atm so whilst it's disappointing to be where we are we should be able to realise that it's not because this is our level, or that we arent as good as we thought we were, its because we are handicapped and with that in mind it's not really something I can get worked up about - I made my peace with us potentially having a tough season away from WHL a long time ago and it shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone.

More fool anyone who didn't think it'd potentially cause us trouble and frankly sod off to anyone who can't take it on the chin for a year.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what your point is then tbh

Form wise of course we are no better than the teams around us, the league table explains that rather well by itself - but form is temporary and there are clearly very valid reasons for us to be underperforming atm so whilst it's disappointing to be where we are we should be able to realise that it's not because this is our level, or that we arent as good as we thought we were, its because we are handicapped and with that in mind it's not really something I can get worked up about - I made my peace with us potentially having a tough season away from WHL a long time ago and it shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone.

More fool anyone who didn't think it'd potentially cause us trouble and frankly sod off to anyone who can't take it on the chin for a year.
The point is discussing coming top 4, and from first page posters putting ‘we are better than Arsenal and Liverpool’. We don’t have the licence to say that THIS SEASON. We have as much chance finishing below them as we do above them. If I was a betting man I’d say we will finish ahead of both of them, but you can’t say either way with any certainty. It’s hardly an outrageous or debatable comment.

In regards to our form, it is highly likely because we are competing at a better level in CL it is taking more out of us for the league. We don’t have a good enough squad to compete at the very top level in both....

Our big problem consistency. We are a young team it's not surprising.
For any team this season to make a dent in the City charge we need better quality throughout the squad.
Eriksen and Deli have a dip in form and there is no alternative to come the bench.

Lets hope this is addressed in the January window

Not sure any effect from incoming players will be seen till next season.
We really need a top tried and tested midfield to help Eriksen.
I'd be very hard on the squad and sell any player who is not up playing in a top six side.
We have quite few. Being 'promising' is not enough now.

We are not going break down the West Brom's of this world by continually trying to play the way we do. It has been our problem for all of the Pochittino reign against the park the bus away teams.

Last edited:
One thing which this debate hasn't really factored in is that we've effectively played this seasons so far without Dele, given he's been so off-form. He was one of our most influential players last year and you'd hope that for the second half of this season he's quite not so cr@p. Taking that more broadly, I'd say that overall across our team, our form has been a bit below average - there aren't that many who have been on-form apart from perhaps Verts, Sanchez and maybe Winks. I think that we've generally been below par so far

There's a certain Kenyan man mountain who no one seems to mention. But we've missed him.

We are running at the top on slim margins. Injuries to key players, a move to a new stadium would affect any team, but we have less money to burn on stellar players. We've done well this season all things considered, and can kick on. Playing CL, many of the player crucial WC qualifiers has I think taken the edge off our league form.

Would love to see Wanyama back, Dembele back to his best, some sub appearances for Edwards and Llorente 'feeling' the back of the net.

The point is discussing coming top 4, and from first page posters putting ‘we are better than Arsenal and Liverpool’. We don’t have the licence to say that THIS SEASON. We have as much chance finishing below them as we do above them. If I was a betting man I’d say we will finish ahead of both of them, but you can’t say either way with any certainty. It’s hardly an outrageous or debatable comment.

In regards to our form, it is highly likely because we are competing at a better level in CL it is taking more out of us for the league. We don’t have a good enough squad to compete at the very top level in both....

We are underperforming to our level where the other two sides are playing at their level

We are underperforming to our level where the other two sides are playing at their level
You don’t know that for sure - we could just of easily been over performing what our level is previously. We don’t have anywhere near the most talented squad, yet we’ve come 3rd and 2nd due to sheer hard work and team ethic. You can’t maintain that year after year, we could be coming by down to our actual level which is challenging for top 4. Until we have the resources to sign players with the X factor that is the likely reality because we couldn’t even win the league when the genuine big boys were weaker. They now have the top managers, have strengthened beyond us and with their resources is feasible get even stronger than us. See athletico Madrid under Simeone, only difference being he managed to take advantage and win a few trophies before the other big two got to grips of the league again....

You don’t know that for sure - we could just of easily been over performing what our level is previously. We don’t have anywhere near the most talented squad, yet we’ve come 3rd and 2nd due to sheer hard work and team ethic. You can’t maintain that year after year, we could be coming by down to our actual level which is challenging for top 4. Until we have the resources to sign players with the X factor that is the likely reality because we couldn’t even win the league when the genuine big boys were weaker. They now have the top managers, have strengthened beyond us and with their resources is feasible get even stronger than us. See athletico Madrid under Simeone, only difference being he managed to take advantage and win a few trophies before the other big two got to grips of the league again....

I 100% do know that for sure and suggest that you shouldn't let a poor run of form under difficult circumstances this season cloud your judgement of what is a fantastic team.

I 400% do know that for sure and suggest that you shouldn't let a poor run of form under difficult circumstances this season cloud your judgement of what is a fantastic team.
I’m not a knee jerk type of person, i thought we massively over achieved last season. That of course is massive credit to Poch. But I don’t think we will ever take that final step of winning the league until we have that Hazard, De Bryne type who is a real game changer - we have Dele and Eriksen but just don’t think they are quite at that level. Our level as a team is challenging top 4, we’ve achieved that past couple of seasons and hopefully we will do again this season....

This is hilarious! Some of you are obviously wearing telescope sized Tottenham tinted glasses. It's getting very close to liverpoodlian standards!

Doesn’t help bringing in the wrong players either - players like GKN are a waste of a squad place.

As for top 4 I can’t see it happening this year.
Some on here turned their nose up at Zaha, but he would have been a massive upgrade for us....

Back