• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

The grass was changed in the summer of 2010 after that infamous semi final of ours and is now the same as at least 17 of the other 19 PL stadiums. I could not find anything on what Bournemouth and Southampton have got.

The grass may have been changed but my understanding is that it is longer, a different composition and that the ground underneath is also different.

This boils down to:
WHL - short grass, hard pitch therefore faster transitions of play. Add in smaller dimensions and it lends itself to pressing.
Wembley - longer grass, soft pitch therefore energy sapping and play gets bogged down. This has been seen in numerous cup finals not just our home games this season.

Our lack of quality signings has been a real setback for us this season. After finishing second in the league last season, really thought Pochettino would go on a buying spree to make the step up to become league champions.

The grass may have been changed but my understanding is that it is longer, a different composition and that the ground underneath is also different.

This boils down to:
WHL - short grass, hard pitch therefore faster transitions of play. Add in smaller dimensions and it lends itself to pressing.
Wembley - longer grass, soft pitch therefore energy sapping and play gets bogged down. This has been seen in numerous cup finals not just our home games this season.
I think the size point is fairly mute but the characteristics/composition certainly does matter, positively or negatively depending on your style of play.

Wembley just appears to be a 'sluggish' pitch. We will get used to it but it will never 'benefit' us per se, whether that be zipping the ball around or how much its taking out of our legs.

I've learnt to except it (and hate it), but cannot wait to get back to N17

It's possible, but will our new pitch not suffer from this?
It's retractable yes, but I'm not sure of the sunlight question when retracted?

I'm assuming they will have a system for artificial light underneath the South Stand. But if this is true or just my imagination playing tricks, I am not entirely sure. However, we are veering a wee bit off topic here.

Our lack of quality signings has been a real setback for us this season. After finishing second in the league last season, really thought Pochettino would go on a buying spree to make the step up to become league champions.

So NONE of Aurier, Llorente, Foyth, Gazzaniga, Sanchez, are considered as quality? Wow...

Going on a 'buying spree to become Champions' just does not work, I would have thought the waste of the Bale money put paid to that idea. Much better to have a cohesive team, a culture everyone believes in, and a similar characteristics among the players.

On the pitch, I lean more towards size being an issue as opposed to composition. If it's the grass, why can we blow Madrid, Dortmund and Liverpool away?

I'm assuming they will have a system for artificial light underneath the South Stand. But if this is true or just my imagination playing tricks, I am not entirely sure. However, we are veering a wee bit off topic here.

Ya think? ;)

Everton have shown how bad that can be when looking to progress

Spending is important but buying the right players more so!!!

Sanchez is a huge signing when you compare to other CBS brought by our peers (lindehof and rudiger)

Aurier is still relatively young and despite the odd brain fart is progressing

Llorente hasn’t been effective enough but you don’t get that without games

Foyth is a kid and here for the future

Spending spree? Oh you mean like when we bought Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue, Soldado, Chadli & co? For sure that'd solve all our problems. :rolleyes:

Back