• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2015/16

What's the official line from FIFA/UEFA as to why they insist that refs book players for removing their shirts when they score? My thoughts are the sponsors are unhappy as a goal celebration is a prime opportunity for the cameras to show off the sponsor on the shirt of the player who has scored and a player removing their shirt denies them this opportunity.

Wonder what would happen if players just started covering the sponsor with their hands when they scored?

I think that is the reason too

I think that is the reason too

What about if you took your shirt off and you had another shirt on underneath?

Is the yellow card offence the act of removing your shirt or is it the act of no longer having your full kit on?

Amazing comeback from Bayern, predictably easy for Barcelona. So that's a last eight of (in my order of likelihood to win);

1) Barcelona
2) Bayern Munich
3) Athleitco Madrid
4) PSG
5) Real Madrid
6) Emirates Marketing Project
7) Benfica
8) Wolfsburg

All on the draw of course but at 8/1 PSG is a very nice dark horse to have on your side.

Amazing comeback from Bayern, predictably easy for Barcelona. So that's a last eight of (in my order of likelihood to win);

1) Barcelona
2) Bayern Munich
3) Athleitco Madrid
4) PSG
5) Real Madrid
6) Emirates Marketing Project
7) Benfica
8) Wolfsburg

I'd put Real above PSG but agree with the rest.

Is the yellow card offence the act of removing your shirt or is it the act of no longer having your full kit on?

I think that the yellow card offence is denying the sponsors their coverage. It's balls of course.

That was a classic CL tie, they are very few and far between.

Barcalona are going to be in the final. Not many left to stop them these days. Bayern could do a job on them, they are the nearest.

PSG are just not quite there, close but.

Some questions for those who watched the Atletico Madrid-PSV match on Tuesday:

1) How did both sides play? That is, was it a fair goalless game based on both sides being very well balanaced and very organised defensively? Or was it that one of the sides were more defensive and the other was crap in front of goal?

2) How did Atletico play and what were their main tactics? How would it have compared to a Chelski side at this stage under Mourinho?

3) Are Atletico mainly 'cynical spoilers' or are thhey actually relatively attacking but just do not have the attacking options they've often had in recent years?

@glorygloryeze - I was watching it on the Ipad - but I was not glued to it.
Both clubs fought out a good end to end game. Was surprised by PSV very good - AM for the home team did not create as much PSV.
Like Chelsea? not a million miles away, quit negative. Boy they know how to defend, they miss an out and out finnisher (Diago)
I thought PSV shaded it, especially as they were away.

Remember I did not sit glued to it.

Last edited:

Years ago a few players took their shirt off in the summer and couldn't get it back on as it was super sweaty and tight and had a liner and they are too rich to dress themselves, so they were fighting to get it back on and it was my favourite buttplug. Around then, it became a booking. Also, every player had a shirt underneath saying I Love Mummy or 100 goals. I remember Ian Wright playing a couple of games with a 179 Cliff Bastin is rubbish T-Shirt under his top, waiting to score. Mug.

Wolfsburg v Real Madrid

Bayern Munich v Benfica

Barcelona v Atletico Madrid

Paris Saint-Germain v Emirates Marketing Project

Torres puts Atletico 1-0 up against barca only to be sent off for a second yellow before half time.

It's one way traffic against the Atletico goal. Atletico play like Leicester, even with 11 men. 2-1 coming shortly.

Stupid fouls by Torres. I still wouldn't write off Atletico, they are more than capable of grinding out a 1-0 win.

Let's hope PSG and Wolfsburg do the business tonight.

Back