• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2015/16

would be great to see Juve upset the applecart and win this year against all odds, the ultimate swan song for Buffon and Pirlo

Bayern will win the German league, Juventus the Italian and one of Real and Barca the Spanish. One of these team will also win the CL. My bet is all 4 will be in pot 1 as Real will win the CL the bastards.
Hope you didn't lose too much on that bet.;)
Pot 1: Barca, Bayern, Chelsea, Benfica, PSG, Juventus, Zenit & PSV Eindhoven.
Real will be in pot 2.

Man Utd will face one of Sporting Lisbon, Lazio, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge, Monaco, Young Boys, Sparta Praha, Fenerbache, Panathinaikos and Rapid Wien.

Request to Jordinho (or someone): can you compile the list of CL pots now we know more or less who has qualified for group stages or the first qualifying rounds.

Am wondering if the likes of Arsenal and Mnaure could get really tough groups..

Pot 1 will be Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventus, Benfica, PSG, Zenit and PSV

Pot 2 will include Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Port, Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project. These three still have to qualify: Manchester United, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen.

Pot 3: Sevilla, Lyon, Dynamo Kiev, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, with Shaktar, Ajax and Basel having to go through two qualifying rounds.

Pot 4 is fairly open. Roma are pre-qualified for the group stage, but could easily jump into pot 3. Mönchengladbach, Wolfsburg and Gent also qualified. Others could include Celtic, Salzburg, Steaua Bucuresti and Viktoria Plzen.

FWIW, I stumbled across this on twitter

CGurFbaXAAAEWFV.jpg

Watch Arsenal get PSV, Basel and Gent, finish second and go out no later than the quarter finals.

Changing the pots round means just as good a chance of getting a quality team by finishing 1st or 2nd in the group, could make for some brilliant last 16 games.

You said it. It's hard enough to listen to Henry and now they think Gerrard is pundit material. Who the fudge makes these decisions.

Someone said it on this forum before, I think they just go for names, whether they actually are good pundits or interesting to listen to is almost immaterial. As long as they have played for one of the "big 4".

Someone said it on this forum before, I think they just go for names, whether they actually are good pundits or interesting to listen to is almost immaterial. As long as they have played for one of the "big 4".

That said. I almost cried when Carragher started....a voice for broadcasting, i think not! BUT y'know what i don't mind him now.

Think JJ is pretty good btw

You said it. It's hard enough to listen to Henry and now they think Gerrard is pundit material. Who the fudge makes these decisions.

its just about having a big name, thats all they want. I wonder if Gerrard will manage to be even more dull and boring than Michael Owen?

That said. I almost cried when Carragher started....a voice for broadcasting, i think not! BUT y'know what i don't mind him now.

Think JJ is pretty good btw

Carragher and Neville are the best Sky have to offer. Souness is good too. The rest are largely forgettable.

Roy Keane is very good on ITV.

Well I mean, these poor sods have such short careers, so someone have to care for them and give them jobs after they retire. It's not like they're financially set for life or anything.

Back