• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

fudge me. Henry is one boring and pointless pundit. He's making Jamie Redknapp look good.

Must be why he's getting the big bucks.

Sky could probably get the viewing rights to several smaller European leagues for that money, or tons of other sports to put on their schedule.

Shame that PSG were without so many of their first choice players, and then losing Thiago Silva during the game too. Made it a much less exciting fixture.

Amazed at how utterly useless Cavani was. I remember him being very good for Napoli, even for Uruguay when he wasn't at his best he was at least decent. Last night he was just a complete shambles. David Luiz would have been a better striker than him, I'm almost certain.

Anyone think he will bounce back at another club? On this form not many of the big clubs will be looking at bringing him in...

thats questionable. pl u21 xi:

lukaku
sterling kane oxlade
can barkley
shaw stones chambers bellerin

i doubt any league could come up with a much better u21 side.

what i would say is that la liga (and some other european leagues) play a more technical brand of football than the pl. and if this is what you want to see, then on this basis, la liga may be the best league for you. but i dont think necessarily means that la liga players are technically better than pl players either. its more of a stylistic thing. and i think often people make a mistake here thinking that la liga players are automatically technically more gifted (as a whole).

im with galeforce here. for me the best league is a mix of things, but ultimately its about what the highest number of people want to watch and give the most money to. and on this basis, this is a non-debate.

Don't watch enough La Liga to say that there's a u21 side that's better than that.

If you say 23 and younger instead though I think a very impressive LaLiga line-up could be composed, perhaps better than a corresponding PL line-up.

I agree that "best league" can't be defined just by a single criterion. I would include money in that.

Shame that PSG were without so many of their first choice players, and then losing Thiago Silva during the game too. Made it a much less exciting fixture.

Amazed at how utterly useless Cavani was. I remember him being very good for Napoli, even for Uruguay when he wasn't at his best he was at least decent. Last night he was just a complete shambles. David Luiz would have been a better striker than him, I'm almost certain.

Anyone think he will bounce back at another club? On this form not many of the big clubs will be looking at bringing him in...
I think Cavani needs to get out of there. He's doing himself no favours playing second fiddle to Ibra. In saying that I've seen him play very well a few other times I watched PSG, which is not a lot admittedly.
Cheeky bid? (yeah yeah wages...blah blah)

To be honest I have never been that impressed by him, he may be a good player but I have never understood the hype around him.

at Napoli where he was on fire, scoring in pretty much every game, he did it consistently over 3 seasons as well

at Napoli where he was on fire, scoring in pretty much every game, he did it consistently over 3 seasons as well

I will hold my hands up to his time it Italy ( I do not watch much Italian football as I find it boring), so I have not seen a lot of him but when I have he has not looked as good as some say he is.

i think it (cavani's case) just shows how important the team is to the individual player. at napoli he was the main man and line leader. at psg, he just plays 2nd fiddle to zlatan. not only that, he is often played at right wing and the team is not built around him or his strengths. that must be crushing for his confidence. cavani's situation is not dissimilar to falcao's, shevchenko, torres or soldado. maybe for strikers, finding the right team for them is more important than it is for any other player.

true, although he knew full well that would happen as Zlatan was there first

let's face it, it doesn't matter who you are, you are not as good as Zlatan

he mustve thought he was going there as a striker though. who spends 50m on one of the best strikers in europe and sticks them on the wing?

i actually think he does a very good job on the wing (based on the times he played there in the 2010 worldcup). but his interpretation of that role is very workmanlike. you dont need to spend 50m for a winger with cavani's skillset. the signing is just mind-boggling. cavani is not technically the best player in the world, and so if you dont use him as a target man line leader who can stretch defenses, you're going to struggle to get 50m worth of value out of him. thats why i just dont understand why psg bought him.

He is a good player, but it was a rooster waving exercise imo, they wanted to spend 50m on someone and he was hot.

the Bayern defensive mistakes were really shocking, so un-german, so unbefitting a guardiola/german team etc

The more i think about it, the more i think this could be Juve's year....

....cue a first-half collapse vs Monaco in the 2nd leg...:oops:

Look who replaced them though. Gotze, Thiago, Alonso, Badstuber, Bernat. Outstanding depth, probably the greatest in the history of football.

Back