• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

Re: Bye bye Caulker?

On the OS now. Should probably move the thread out of rumours and back to the main board.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/caulker-to-cardiff-310713/

I may have missed it, but I don't think there was a single bit of ITK *or* paper talk about this until the last 24 hours. Which seems to strongly suggest the club isn't leaking any info it doesn't want leaked.

Anyway; I wish Caulker the best of luck in every game he plays aside from games against Spurs. He may develop into a great CB or he main remain a decent one. Clearly the Spurs coaching staff felt it was the latter and chose to upgrade him. They won't get every decision right, but that's true of anyone. We'll find out over the next few years I suppose.

Bit of the blue however for all of those crying about it answer this:

If Caulker really has the potential to be a regular starting CB for a team in the top half of the PL, why are Cardiff the ones buying him and why arent we fending off offers even from Liverpool or Everton or Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Personallly I always thought he was ok but a bit over-rated; surprised we didnt keep him as 4th or 5th choice CB though then again £9m is a great price for him

Offer came in a levy probably went up to AVB who told him he didn't rate him that much. They cashed on him.

For me this goes on to show that we don't buy English and we are selling English. AVB clearly wants players who can play from the goalkeeper to the strikers.

I was quite impressed with Caulker this season mainly because we could not notice in games which is a positive thing for a defender. Did his job. End of.

He did one or two mistakes but nothing major, and for a Central defender, 21 years old is very very young anyway...

But then again, he clearly wasn't rated that highly.

agree re the AVB comments - he seemed reluctant to use him as a starter at points last year so doesnt surprise me that he OK'd the sale

It certainly is just strange. English international, 21 years old, experienced in the Premier League, low on wages and would only improve alongside the likes of Kaboul/Vertonghen/Dawson.

I'm not comparing him to King in any way shape or form and he won't reach his level of ability but if we based careers so far on players aged 21 than King would have also been sold. At 21, he was nothing special. In fact, it wasn't until Ledley was 24/25 when we really started seeing how damn good he was and that was because he grew more and more and blossomed alongaside Naybet/Dawson

bang on the money

Bit of the blue however for all of those crying about it answer this:

If Caulker really has the potential to be a regular starting CB for a team in the top half of the PL, why are Cardiff the ones buying him and why arent we fending off offers even from Liverpool or Everton or Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Personallly I always thought he was ok but a bit over-rated; surprised we didnt keep him as 4th or 5th choice CB though then again £9m is a great price for him

he is young, he could have been given a bit more time, maybe another year loan.......seems AVB doesnt rate him and thinks he can bring in better with the helkp of Baldini

id have kept Caulker. Has some useful tools for the PL, came through the ranks at Spurs, apparently is a strong character in the dressing room. Anyway, good luck to you young lad

So no Caulker, Gallas

Vertonghen injured, Kaboul well nobody knows where he is fitness wise

So we have 1 CB currently, fantastic depth !!!!

So no Caulker, Gallas

Even if we do bring in another cb he won't have long enough to learn the system and form a partnership.

fudging fantastic.

So no Caulker, Gallas

yet you'll get KD laughing at the club because we were finding it easy to sign a centre half (romanian bloke) and difficult to sign strikers (when we are more covered there).

Who actually partners Dawson on the opening day?

Caulker is ridiculously overrated and i'm of the opinion that he won't make it but would we actually sell a centre back when the deal for the unknown Romanian looks to have fallen through?

I hope Levy got a buy back / first option clause in there.

Good Luck Caulker.

this whole King never looked good until Naybet was around is absolute pish - you could tell from the beginning he was destined for big things - Naybet had a huge influence, no doubting that though

yet you'll get KD laughing at the club because we were finding it easy to sign a centre half (romanian bloke) and difficult to sign strikers (when we are more covered there).

Who actually partners Dawson on the opening day?

hmmm not exactly what happened is it. I assumed Caulker would go IF the Romanian came in...i didn't think we'd sell a centre back without one coming in (well if the Romanian deal has fallen through).

Caulker is ridiculously overrated and i'm of the opinion that he won't make it but would we actually sell a centre back when the deal for the unknown Romanian looks to have fallen through?

yes this is spurs were talking about

this whole King never looked good until Naybet was around is absolute pish - you could tell from the beginning he was destined for big things - Naybet had a huge influence, no doubting that though

Has anyone actually said he never looked good?

hmmm not exactly what happened is it. I assumed Caulker would go IF the Romanian came in...i didn't think we'd sell a centre back without one coming in (well if the Romanian deal has fallen through).

With Khumalo (doubt he'd have started anyway) and Caulker both leaving today we absolutely MUST have someone coming in at centre half. I refuse to believe AVB/Levy would be that damn stupid.

Has anyone actually said he never looked good?

you said he looked nothing special - which isn't true. he wasn't the finished article but he was clearly a good player with huge potential (ie a hell of a lot more than 'nothing special')

you said he looked nothing special - which isn't true

at 21? He didn't.

I look at someone like Nastasic for Emirates Marketing Project last year at what? 18, 19? and he looked better then when I saw King when he was 21. Whenever I saw King in his younger days I never saw him as a centre half, he had good reading of the game but there was something missing. I like to think as he got older he got better and that was due to experience, he lost his pace (which could get him out of trouble) but his reading of the game and added experience made him all that better, his flaws were outweighed by his strengths because his strengths were unique.

If you told me though when King was 21 and you told me he'd end up being of the best centre halves in the league I'd have said maybe (because he was a Spurs player), just like I said when people said the same about Caulker and he was showing promise on loan at clubs, winning brick loads of awards and lookign comfortable at 18/19 at Swansea.

Back