• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

Re: Bye bye Caulker?

But the Romanian is older and more experienced

More experienced how? Please explain to me where this additional experience has come from. Both of them have 120 ish competetive games under their belts.

Vlad spent four years playing in romania, compared to Caulker's caps in the English game in English conditions, at levels between league 1 and the premier league.

Edit: four years not two

Last edited:

What do we reckon, sell Caulker, Vertonghen ends up taking 3 months to return to fitness, start the season with Dawson and Kaboom, the latter quickly suffering a recurrence of his previous injury, thereby leaving us with one fit CB??
The Tottenham way!!!

Tottenham defender Steven Caulker's move to Cardiff City is nearly completed as Caulker is now undergoing a medical with the Welsh club.

On the BBC transfer news feed. No source though

Caulker is brick IMO. Just a hoofer of a ball (ie hoofs it out for a throw in when a pass is a better option) that puts us under more pressure/danger.... £8m is a good deal.

Plus if he was any good one of the top 4 or top european sides would be in for him thats how I see it.

Last edited:

Caulker is brick IMO. Just a hoofer of a ball (ie hoofs it out for a throw in when a pass is a better option) that puts us in more danger.... £8m is a good deal.

As much as I live to see our Academy youngsters progress into the first team, I really don't think Caulker has what it takes to become a first choice centre half for us.

He's too good a player to have sitting on the bench each week, so £8m is a very fair price for him.

Why is he going?

Seemed Solid to me, only 21...player coming through the academy...

Didn't get on with AVB could be a reason.

As much as I live to see our Academy youngsters progress into the first team, I really don't think Caulker has what it takes to become a first choice centre half for us.

He's too good a player to have sitting on the bench each week, so £8m is a very fair price for him.

Too good to be sat on the bench?

That makes no sense. You want our backup players to be bad enough to sit on the bench?

So you want brick backups/rotation options?

Caulker is brick IMO. Just a hoofer of a ball (ie hoofs it out for a throw in when a pass is a better option) that puts us under more pressure/danger.... £8m is a good deal.

Plus if he was any good one of the top 4 or top european sides would be in for him thats how I see it.

Spot on.

I had great hopes for Caulker but he is crap on a ball and his concentration is abyssmal. You may say that he could grow out that and become more focuses. Well they said the same thing about Titus Branble all those years ago and he still makes stupid mistakes. In any case can we risk giving him games to improve at the expense of our results?

However the thing that strikes me about Chicieres or whatever his name is that he is a ball playing defender - something Caulker will never be.

Best to part ways when he is still wanted property. We are actually making a profit in selling him and bringing in the Romanian..

Im confused by this. Don't want us to lose our soul. Caulker's a local lad who has shown some promise, and I believe he can develop further. You can learn and study and gain a better understanding of the game as a centre half. It's a shame. Good luck to him though.

Spot on.

I had great hopes for Caulker but he is crap on a ball and his concentration is abyssmal. You may say that he could grow out that and become more focuses. Well they said the same thing about Titus Branble all those years ago and he still makes stupid mistakes. In any case can we risk giving him games to improve at the expense of our results?

However the thing that strikes me about Chicieres or whatever his name is that he is a ball playing defender - something Caulker will never be.

Best to part ways when he is still wanted property. We are actually making a profit in selling him and bringing in the Romanian..

How many times have you seen the Romanian play? We're probably not bringing him in according to his clubs owner apparently.

Did you see Caulker play much for Swansea?

I come home to read that we're looking to offload Caulker. Very disappointed if this report is true, I still had high hopes for him even though at times last year he was shaky, not helped with Gallas being scared to hold the line.

That Romanian has less experience than Caulker. Considerably less.

Caulker who has played 44 games in the Premier League.

Chiriches has 18 caps for Romania and played 17 European games.
He's a major part of this team not a bit part sub like Caulker.

Chiriches has 18 caps for Romania and played 17 European games.
He's a major part of this team not a bit part sub like Caulker.

International football is laughable experience wise.

17 europa league matches. Caulker has played six.

The 44 Premier league matches blow the Romanian league matches out of the water.

You can say you think Chiriches has more talent, but not that he's more experienced.

If there is any truth in this then it does really irk me, spend so long developing a player who in my opinion clearly has massive potential then sell him on when as stated it's not our strongest position. Dawson is most definitely injury prone. Vertonghen could be out for longer than suggest (we've seen it happen many times before) and Kaboul is untried and untested since having a long spell out of action, therefore unreliable.

How many times have you seen the Romanian ModricTHFC?

I've watched Caulker for years through his loan spell days apart from when at Yeovil, I'm certain selling him for 9m will be something we would come to regret greatly. He is just 21, capped for England, is someone who we have developed through our academy who seems to have his head on his shoulders and seems to be an intelligent guy. This would tinkle me off more than selling Bale, genuinely. Hopefully it is untrue but when it's on bbc football homepage as a main article I do start to worry as I would say that is a sign that often makes me believe a story isn't just daily mail/metro brick.

not much, i guarentee that.

Back