• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

Re: Bye bye Caulker?

We need a top CB to partner Vertonghen.

Then daws and Kaboul as back ups and a young guy aswell.

Love Kaboul but I am not sure if he is a top top Center back, coming back from injury aswell... a long one..

I think we are Crazy if we sell Caulker. He is still only 21, has masses of upside and will get better and better. All to be replaced by an un-tried Romanian in the EPL. He has come through our ranks, been voted in the best teams of the Divisions at Yeovil and Bristol. And also he is one of our English core we need to retain.

Kaboul Needed a few years to mature, Caulker will be better than him.

Crazy to sell him.

Its official

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 1m
We have reached agreement with Cardiff City for the transfer of Steven Caulker. #THFC

We MUST have a replacement in, that is the only logical reason I can have for selling Caulker.

BQhI3xGCEAAE-bC.jpg

Its their club record fee - what was their previous record fee?

Are we fudged now? We were gonna bring in that Vlad guy but that fell through last minute which we didnt expect.

Wish him all the luck in Cardiff.

Absolute colossal in the air and part of our team that defeated Man Utd at Old Trafford. Never quite worked out for him in regards to being our next big centre half that graduated through our ranks but he did perform well at times.

Considering we bought Vertonghen for 9m and Lloris for 8m, then 8m or 9m is a huge fee for Caulker.

Such a crazy move. I would have understood if we'd caved on Bale, however this is insane.

We'll be talking about buying him back in 2-3 years imo.

Never quite worked out for him in regards to being our next big centre half that graduated through our ranks but he did perform well at times.
Is 21 years old and 29 games in the first team enough to judge that on though?

I dunno, seems a very odd decision, given the effort the club must've put into him to get him to this point.

It certainly is just strange. English international, 21 years old, experienced in the Premier League, low on wages and would only improve alongside the likes of Kaboul/Vertonghen/Dawson.

I'm not comparing him to King in any way shape or form and he won't reach his level of ability but if we based careers so far on players aged 21 than King would have also been sold. At 21, he was nothing special. In fact, it wasn't until Ledley was 24/25 when we really started seeing how damn good he was and that was because he grew more and more and blossomed alongaside Naybet/Dawson

slightly perplexed by this one. think we have gotten a decent price but I hoped he would be a ledley in the making.

hope we don't come to regret this.....but if avb doesn't believe in him then that's that.

Good luck Caulks - thanks for everything.

Offer came in a levy probably went up to AVB who told him he didn't rate him that much. They cashed on him.

For me this goes on to show that we don't buy English and we are selling English. AVB clearly wants players who can play from the goalkeeper to the strikers.

I was quite impressed with Caulker this season mainly because we could not notice in games which is a positive thing for a defender. Did his job. End of.

He did one or two mistakes but nothing major, and for a Central defender, 21 years old is very very young anyway...

But then again, he clearly wasn't rated that highly.

Not impressed with him being sold, decent english home grown player who was good for a backup and good for filling in for vertonghen/dawson last season when needed. Made the odd mistake last season but he's still young and will grow.

That just leaves Vertonghen (injured), Kaboul and Dawson.

Now we need to buy at least one new centre back..

Back