• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cash in hand.......morally wrong?

I think this minister is trying to make a name for himself and appeasing the super rich who fund the Tories.
I wonder how much he is hiding via various tax avoidance schemes?

Nope.

He answered a direct gotcha question where he could only answer one way......we get the politicians we deserve.

That's not how democracy works my friend!

If you don't have kids do you get a rebate on teh education budget?

Private healthcare? Rebate for non-NHS use?

Don't agree with the war? Rebate? Nope.

Pay your taxes the same as everyone else and then the DEMOCRATIC state decides on the use of your money.

That's how it works.

Tax avoidance is robbing money from the needy........it affects OAP's and the disabled who are having their welfare squeezed as much as anyone else.

;)

Although that is how it should work.

Pay for private education = discount on tax
Pay for private health care = discount on tax

If we got what we paid for regarding taxes, maybe more people would be happy to pay them.

Although that is how it should work.

Pay for private education = discount on tax
Pay for private health care = discount on tax

If we got what we paid for regarding taxes, maybe more people would be happy to pay them.

Given that the state spends £11,000 for every man woman and child in the UK 90% of the population get out more than they put in.

My household pay in 6 times what we get out as such, but I'm happy to do so.....that's the cost of membership for UK Plc.

Given that the state spends £11,000 for every man woman and child in the UK 90% of the population get out more than they put in.

My household pay in 6 times what we get out as such, but I'm happy to do so.....that's the cost of membership for UK Plc.

I'm a firm believer in getting value for money.

If I want to stay in a good hotel, I have to pay more than I would for a Travelodge.
If I want a good suit, I have to pay more for than I would for one from Asda.

If I pay more than most in tax, why do I get the same bricky service they do?

Lol......I'm kind of with you mate, but I fundamentally believe in free healthcare, free education and a good opportunity for all, social protection for the truly needy included.

Plus good defence and policing......these things cost!

I've got private medical which is 18% off all spending....would be a nice rebate!! :)

Gonna send the little one to a state school mind, don't believe in private schools.....bit of an inverted snob!

I'm a firm believer in getting value for money.

If I want to stay in a good hotel, I have to pay more than I would for a Travelodge.
If I want a good suit, I have to pay more for than I would for one from Asda.

If I pay more than most in tax, why do I get the same bricky service they do?

Different country with 'better' tax system then? I'd recommend Greece myself

Lol......I'm kind of with you mate, but I fundamentally believe in free healthcare, free education and a good opportunity for all, social protection for the truly needy included.

I've got private medical which is 18% off all spending....would be a nice rebate!! :)

Gonna send the little one to a state school mind, don't believe in private schools.....bit of an inverted snob!

You're still paying the tax, albeit via a less direct route.

I assume you've moved to an area that has a very good state school? And I assume that area is more expensive than one without a good school?

So you're paying extra for schooling there - although there are other benefits to living in a nice place.

=D>

Theses things are well worth paying towards. They define a civilized society IMHO.

I don't think there should be any tax rebate for those opting for private Heath, however I do think your taxes should offset the bill somewhat if the alternative was having the same operation on the NHS. Same for schools

You're still paying the tax, albeit via a less direct route.

I assume you've moved to an area that has a very good state school? And I assume that area is more expensive than one without a good school?

So you're paying extra for schooling there - although there are other benefits to living in a nice place.

Not really. The school gets slightly above average GCSEs but has its share of deprived kids. My view is the cream always rises to the top. If she's a bright lass my girl will do ok. If she isn't she'll have to find another way of making her way in the world. I'm not a class traitor. I went to the worst comprehensive school in Hertfordshire but still went to university. The hysteria over school places for kids is literally hysterical!! :)

That's not how democracy works my friend!

If you don't have kids do you get a rebate on teh education budget?

Private healthcare? Rebate for non-NHS use?

Don't agree with the war? Rebate? Nope.

Pay your taxes the same as everyone else and then the DEMOCRATIC state decides on the use of your money.

That's how it works.

Tax avoidance is robbing money from the needy........it affects OAP's and the disabled who are having their welfare squeezed as much as anyone else.

;)

I pay my tax as much as the next man but there is a difference from how something works and how something should work.

People do jobs cash in hand but then you could argue there are countless single parents out there deciding to have kids when they are in unstable relationships and financially incapable of bring up a kid. Benefits are our highest tax cost.

Why should people be allowed to drain the system dry while you only target those who work cash in hand (majority of these being hard working people throughout the working week) who work some extra on their supposed day off.

Either way they also spend the money within our economy through taxable purchases.

If you want to target anyone then focus on these benefit scroungers who have put themselves in positions that prevents society turning their backs on them because of their bad decisions in life YET they are always there with their open palm wanting money to help them live through their mistakes.

Don't disagree with that mate.

But it's a diversion.

We need to tackle corporate fraud and evasion. we need to get people of welfare and we need to address sole traders cheating the system.

Just because other injustice exists doesn't excuse not addressing all of these issues.

I don't think there should be any tax rebate for those opting for private Heath, however I do think your taxes should offset the bill somewhat if the alternative was having the same operation on the NHS. Same for schools

I've argued that for a long time.

If my future kids would have cost a school £x then that £x should subsidise the private school fees I'll be paying.

Why should people be allowed to drain the system dry while you only target those who work cash in hand (majority of these being hard working people throughout the working week) who work some extra on their supposed day off.

To be honest, I really don't think this issue is about people who do the odd job here and there for cash in hand. The problem is when you have people with the majority of their work coming cash in hand. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them claimed benefits on top of it too.

I've argued that for a long time.

If my future kids would have cost a school £x then that £x should subsidise the private school fees I'll be paying.

Are you working class?

I'm not judging just can't get my head around someone sending their kids to a private school!

The results ain't much better tan a good state school. If you're bright you'll get on. We can't afford private tuition but just couldn't to it to my kid.

To be honest, I really don't think this issue is about people who do the odd job here and there for cash in hand. The problem is when you have people with the majority of their work coming cash in hand. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them claimed benefits on top of it too.

On what basis do you think they claim benefits too other than your obvious snobbynish towards tradesmen?

If they have kids they will get working family tax credits and child benefit for a start. I agree it was a slightly snobby statement. But also probably true.

Back