• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cash in hand.......morally wrong?

Leeds Spur

Banned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18964640

I say yes.

The comments are very telling for me.

Confirms that the idea of people paying tax and tax avoidance is only an issue for the 'rich' when millions are happy to save money by not paying VAT.

Also, the person receiving cash in hand is probably not reporting the income, thus avoiding income tax.

It really is as indefensible as the likes of Jimmy Carr offshoring millions IMO.

The arguments are ridiculous, pretty much, 'well so and so does it'......what did your parents tell you? Two wrongs and all that?

The black economy dwarfs the tax avoided by the rich according to HMRC estimates.

This follows the surious report that £21 TRILLION is hidden away globally by the super rich, how do we know?? I agree we need to tear down these tax havens one by one though.

But from a moral equivalency the millionaire avoiding tax and the plumber working for cash in hand are the same.

I've thought this for a while so I'll only use tradesmen that provide full invoices and are VAT registered.

I don't agree that it's morally wrong for the client/customer to pay people in cash - it's down to the tradesman to declare his earnings/tax

Tell you what, you find me a government that stops doing this
money-graphics-2007_874186a.jpg

And I'll grow a conscience ;)

Ill work cash in hand occasionally. I have a full time PAYE job, but as the single income to my home times can be tough. If I can pick up a bit of weekend work Cash In Hand then I will, and Ive no issue in doing so.

I wouldnt work full time like it though.

Tell you what, you find me a government that stops doing this
money-graphics-2007_874186a.jpg

And I'll grow a conscience ;)

That's not how democracy works my friend!

If you don't have kids do you get a rebate on teh education budget?

Private healthcare? Rebate for non-NHS use?

Don't agree with the war? Rebate? Nope.

Pay your taxes the same as everyone else and then the DEMOCRATIC state decides on the use of your money.

That's how it works.

Tax avoidance is robbing money from the needy........it affects OAP's and the disabled who are having their welfare squeezed as much as anyone else.

;)

It is wrong

You'll find the same hypocrites up and down the land, moaning about eastern Europeans taking their jobs

The same fudgewits are paid cash in hand, but will not think twice about using the hospitals, NHS dentists and other public services

The majority of people paid cash in hand are extremely unlikely to be net contributors to this country

Therefore, they have about as much right to be here, as the millions that Labour encouraged to flood the Island in order to win votes

Most tradesman cannot be trusted to declare earnings

So I would simply make it illegal to pay somebody unless they provide you with a VAT receipt and invoice

It is wrong

You'll find the same hypocrites up and down the land, moaning about eastern Europeans taking their jobs

The same fudgewits are paid cash in hand, but will not think twice about using the hospitals, NHS dentists and other public services

The majority of people paid cash in hand are extremely unlikely to be net contributors to this country

Therefore, they have about as much right to be here, as the millions that Labour encouraged to flood the Island in order to win votes

Most tradesman cannot be trusted to declare earnings

So I would simply make it illegal to pay somebody unless they provide you with a VAT receipt and invoice

People will still conspire to save a few bob.

It seems blue collar workers are exempt from tax! :) If we bash the bankers (rightly so) then we should also hammer the largest source of avoidance.

Had to tell my gardener to tinkle off as he wasn't VAT registered, plenty more out there! :)

Tax avoidance is robbing money from the needy........it affects OAP's and the disabled who are having their welfare squeezed as much as anyone else.

;)

And what is it when the Government spunk money away needlessly? Or steal it, even, with the expenses sham as an example? Same difference IMHO.

Not justifying not paying tax at all, but also not justifying the governments continual wasting of cash as well.

I think the Gov should be held fully accountable for the spend they make. I also think the public should have the means to challenge on how money is spent. Lead by example and all that.

IT's not your place to judge what your money should be spent on....full stop.

You are completely seeking to justify tax evasion with the two wrongs argument.......just because that nutter shot 12 people dead in Colorado is it cool for you to do the same?

Who says the government is wasting money? I think that they are, but others say all the speanding is needed and we should indeed be spending more.

It isn't your call.

People will still conspire to save a few bob.

It seems blue collar workers are exempt from tax! :) If we bash the bankers (rightly so) then we should also hammer the largest source of avoidance.

Had to tell my gardener to tinkle off as he wasn't VAT registered, plenty more out there! :)

Did you find a gardener who was vat registered? Can't imagine many gardeners make the threshold

IT's not your place to judge what your money should be spent on....full stop.

You are completely seeking to justify tax evasion with the two wrongs argument.......just because that nutter shot 12 people dead in Colorado is it cool for you to do the same?

Who says the government is wasting money? I think that they are, but others say all the speanding is needed and we should indeed be spending more.

It isn't your call.

Im not seeking to justify anything. Im pointing out that I believe the government wasting cash results in exactly the consequences you level tax avoiders, thats all.

And further to that, the government represent the people, serve the people and are of the people. At least they should do. I see nothing wrong with expecting transparency and accountability with how the money taken by the government is used.

I am "of the people" and being represented by that lot - why shouldnt I be able to judge how I think they are doing? Why shouldnt I be informed?

Im not seeking to justify anything. Im pointing out that I believe the government wasting cash results in exactly the consequences you level tax avoiders, thats all.

And further to that, the government represent the people, serve the people and are of the people. At least they should do. I see nothing wrong with expecting transparency and accountability with how the money taken by the government is used.

I am "of the people" and being represented by that lot - why shouldnt I be able to judge how I think they are doing? Why shouldnt I be informed?

The NAO look at every penny spent.

We know what every penny is spent on.

You were saying you disagreed with what is was spent on.

There are plenty of tradesmen out there who pay their taxes and don't take cash yet don't Turnover the required amount to be vat registered? I would still happily use them are you saying you think that's morally wrong?

Back