• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlyle takeover, was Cain Hoy takeover

Re: Back Page tomorrow Mirror - Lewis to sell 1 Billion Tottenham

The Telegraph understand Tottenham have received a approach from a private investment company to buy the Club.

To scare people into thinking we'll become a franchise and relocate completely? The London Gatwick Galacticos

To scare people into thinking we'll become a franchise and relocate completely? The London Gatwick Galacticos

it's all well and good to laugh at the scary story. But don't think there isn't a billionaire out there mad enough to think.... "it just might work"

Levy would be keen to stay on as part of any takeover, but executive director Darren Eales is leaving Spurs later this year to become club president of the new Major League Soccer Atlanta franchise.

Looks like we'll need a new Club Secretary, or Director of Football Administration as his title apparently is, soon. Barber has come back from overseas and been Chief Executive at Brighton for two years now.

lewis will NEVER bring us a title. ever.

So you want someone to come in and spend ****loads to buy us a trophy before we disappear into the wilderness again? You know that getting a sugar daddy now most likely means a ban from European competitions and whatever the PL eventually agree on as their FFP sanctions?

So you want someone to come in and spend ****loads to buy us a trophy before we disappear into the wilderness again? You know that getting a sugar daddy now most likely means a ban from European competitions and whatever the PL eventually agree as their FFP sanctions?

i want us to compete. if that means some arab comes along, so ****ing be it. Id do anything to have that agueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerooo moment

So you want someone to come in and spend ****loads to buy us a trophy before we disappear into the wilderness again? You know that getting a sugar daddy now most likely means a ban from European competitions and whatever the PL eventually agree on as their FFP sanctions?

They only ban the small clubs. The stinking rich clubs like Real, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and co all get away with it and will continue to do so.

You just know if we went this route we'd be the first ones to get in trouble as well

They only ban the small clubs. The stinking rich clubs like Real, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and co all get away with it and will continue to do so.

First time it's a fine, but if they don't show signs of improvement there will be bans.

You just know if we went this route we'd be the first ones to get in trouble as well

Possibly. I know it could be a lot worse, I'm just a bit jaded of being a nearly club, constantly knocking on the door but just falling short at the final hurdle so often. As Mumorn says, I'd love for Spurs to have an Aguero moment or for Christian Eriksen to score the winning penalty in a CL final whilst knocking out Arsenal or Chelsea in the process.

First time it's a fine, but if they don't show signs of improvement there will be bans.

Don't hold your breath mate. Don't expect them to start banning Real Madrid anytime soon. Hasn't there already been talk of a luxury tax similar to what they have in baseball?

Possibly. I know it could be a lot worse, I'm just a bit jaded of being a nearly club, constantly knocking on the door but just falling short at the final hurdle so often. As Mumorn says, I'd love for Spurs to have an Aguero moment or for Christian Eriksen to score the winning penalty in a CL final whilst knocking out Arsenal or Chelsea in the process.

If it did happen it wouldn't be Eriksen, most of the current squad would be out the door by next summer to make room for the shiny, new toys and Poch would obviously be sacked to make room for a big name. It's amusing, sort of, or confusing maybe, how people cried over Dawson and Sandro leaving, yet some of them actually want us to go down this route.

If it did happen it wouldn't be Eriksen, most of the current squad would be out the door by next summer to make room for the shiny, new toys and Poch would obviously be sacked to make room for a big name. It's amusing, sort of, or confusing maybe, how people cried over Dawson and Sandro leaving, yet some of them actually want us to go down this route.

Hardly much different to now is it?

i want us to compete. if that means some arab comes along, so ****ing be it. Id do anything to have that agueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerooo moment

See I don't feel that way at all. In all seriousness, I would lose a lot of my interest in football if Tottenham Hotspur gets reduced to a billionaire's codpiece. I am Spurs 'til I die, and it's precisely because of that I'd have to avert my eyes when the money starts to corrupt the club, like it almost certainly would.

EDIT: But look, I'm an old unreconstructed lefty... I can safely be ignored, no b*gger agrees with us any more :)

levy as chairman with a billionaire owner would be perfect, one that is willing to help push us to the next level by not having to wait 7 years for a tinpot company to hold us up

;) :p

One that's willing to invest in a multi use stadium like AEG who could knock down the O2 and create millions by building flats in that area and moving its Arena business to White Hart Lane. Hell if need be we could move a 3G pitch inside the O2 whilst the stadium is being built, hell cut the roof and have a normal pitch in it..

How about a nice monorail going from the new housing built in North Greenwich which goes to Tottenham.

600-monorail.jpg

As Homer would say.. 'hhmmmm monorail'

Levy and AEG are tight. \o/ That's for all the kids out there.

Last edited:

We bascially do the same as they do, on a much smaller scale.

If it wasn't for FFP they'd still be doing what they have done, buy players with no long term plan. We have to make sure we can recoup at least most of our investments.

Was just thinking of how great a loaded billionaire owner would be and after realising we could potentially resign Bale and urinating with excitment all over the living room, I paused for a moment and thought about how this would affect our tradition, history and what I love about the club. Turns out it would go against everything I hold this club for dearly. I do think we need a change of chairmanship but I don't want us being brought over by billionaires (OK, I admit the child in me does but...) if it jepordises everything we've been which is a club living within it's limits trying to make ourselves good. On the budget we have now if we were to get a couple of champions league seasons we could make it big. Just a matter of patience rather than greed.

Back