• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlyle takeover, was Cain Hoy takeover

Re: Back Page tomorrow Mirror - Lewis to sell 1 Billion Tottenham

There won't be another Sheik/Abramovich type in the EPL imo for a very long time - they'll look to foreign leagues where there is less competition and an easy route to the CL where they can then take on the other billionaires.

I think "sugar daddies" are on their way out. Not just because of FFP, but there just aren't big enough clubs in big enough leagues they can buy.

You have to to such a small league that gigantic wages is the only way to get players there. I can't see anyone buying their way into the very elite of the CL clubs unless UEFA cut down the number of teams from each country, giving the current lesser clubs a chance. It really is a shame what's happening with leagues like the Dutch and Belgian ones.

If they were to sell.. could they not target Glasgow Rangers.

If they were to sell.. could they not target Glasgow Rangers.
What would be the point? There is not the TV revenue or commercial opportunities to provide a good enough return on the investment. You would be better off buying Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds.

What would be the point? There is not the TV revenue or commercial opportunities to provide a good enough return on the investment. You would be better off buying Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds.

If you're just looking to invest a small sum (relatively speaking) and get a quick return, Rangers aren't a bad bet. Lots of big clubs languishing in the lower leagues as well.

It depends on how much money you have, what your primary motivation is and how long you're willing to spend on it. Discounting the ego strokers like Roman and the sheikhs, how many buy a club purely out of their love for it and without looking to make money from it?

Like most of Scotland they could move them south.

If you're just looking to invest a small sum (relatively speaking) and get a quick return, Rangers aren't a bad bet. Lots of big clubs languishing in the lower leagues as well.

It depends on how much money you have, what your primary motivation is and how long you're willing to spend on it. Discounting the ego strokers like Roman and the sheikhs, how many buy a club purely out of their love for it and without looking to make money from it?
There is unlikely to be a queue of people to buy Rangers off you at the end of it. Getting a sleeping giant into the Premier League would be a lot more profitable.

Those that think a new owner will solve everything are in for a shock IMO.

Firstly, under FFP you can't just throw money at it till it works any more. Improvement will have to come through organic growth. Guess what, we are already doing very well on that account. We just happen to be at limits of what is currently achievable with our revenue.

If someone do happen to have 1 billion lying around or even just a measly 600 million, do you think they'll part with that and expect nothing in return? People tend to invest so they can make more money and loads more than you'd get from any bank.

Most likely it will be an investment group of some kind and they'll want profits. There is also a high probability that it's done with borrowed money, so they'll need that back as well. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Glazers, but are we ever that lucky?

As it is, ENIC don't take any money out. We've hardly ever paid out dividends as far as I can recall, but that was just peanuts and probably just done to keep it away from the taxman. ENIC have actually put a significant amount of money IN.

Once the stadium is finished there's isn't much to do other than work on increasing our commercial revenue. We will have closed the gap somewhat, but we won't even be on equal footing with **** until we're CL regulars. ManU are untouchable in financial terms for the foreseeable future and City and Chelsea still have wealthy owners and they're both increasing their income. At best we'll be fighting with Liverpool and maybe City and Chelsea (depending on their future financial standings) for 3rd/4th.

More likely we'll be where we are now, just with slightly higher paid players, while our new owners drain us of 10s of millions every year.

Not true. Anyone buying the club can do so.. chuck 500m at the stadium, build it and write it off. Infrastructure build such as Stadiums etc do not come under FFP, infact they are encouraged to spend in this area.

Not true. Anyone buying the club can do so.. chuck 500m at the stadium, build it and write it off. Infrastructure build such as Stadiums etc do not come under FFP, infact they are encouraged to spend in this area.

First you have spend a few hundred million buying the club and who's going to come to that stadium to watch a **** team?

That would put the cost at +£1b. Not even Abramovich or the Emirates Marketing Project sheikhs have spent that much.

That would put the cost at +£1b. Not even Abramovich or the Emirates Marketing Project sheikhs have spent that much.

Actually, they have.

2011: Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed has spent over 1 billion since arriving

Since then they've built a new training ground that will open shortly, done work on the stadium, set up New York City FC, bought countless numbers of players and whatever else is happening in the Eastlands area.

2013: Roman Abramovichs 10-year Chelsea anniversary, what did he ever do for us? Spend 2 billion in 10 years at Chelsea, that's what

No doubt he'll pay for their stadium once they find a site.

Actually, they have.

2011: Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed has spent over 1 billion since arriving

Since then they've built a new training ground that will open shortly, done work on the stadium, set up New York City FC, bought countless numbers of players and whatever else is happening in the Eastlands area.

2013: Roman Abramovichs 10-year Chelsea anniversary, what did he ever do for us? Spend 2 billion in 10 years at Chelsea, that's what

No doubt he'll pay for their stadium once they find a site.
I don't think that either of those take into account money generated by the club.

Depends on the buyer.
Someone like Vincent Tan, no thanks.
Id also rather not have a murdering Russian oil tycoon.

Emirates Marketing Project style shieks would be ok and despite the bleating of the other mancunians, they have done well under the glaziers.

American money would maybe be the preferred choice.... But however the money came in, would the ride be as much fun?

Yes. It's the virtually the only way you can win things/compete at the top these days, although Atletico Madrid remarkably bucked that trend last season.

Be honest, who wouldn't want to win trophies year after year like Chelsea have? I'm not saying I would like the club to behave like them, just on the pitch. Can't see us doing the same with this ownership.

And I'm not overly unhappy with Enic, I just don't think we'll ever be any bigger than we are now unless the clubs above us go into financial meltdown. It just feels a bit like Groundhog day every season. Could be a lot worse I accept, but it's bit same old same old now.

Milo, you're problem here is you're looking at this from a rational, head screwed on point of view when what you need to be looking at it from is a egotistical want-to-be-remembered-for-something-before-I-die point of view.

People with that ammount of money generally don't care one bit about their investment, only what people think of them because of it.

The Telegraph understand Tottenham have received a approach from a private investment company to buy the Club.

I have to ask why are all these stories coming out straight after the Archway appeal?:-k

I'd like to buy Spurs too. Just give me a few millennia to save up the money or invent a time machine, whichever comes first.

The Telegraph understand Tottenham have received a approach from a private investment company to buy the Club.

I really hope this is not true. I'm feeling genuinely optimistic about the next few years as a Spurs fan under Levy's stewardship.

Not only do I *not* want a sugardaddy owner whose going to try to reshape the culture of the club to suit his own ego (every owner does it to some extent, but it's just a bloody lottery as to whether you get a guy who wants to rename the club Tottenham Tigers and insists on an all-red home strip), but you have no guarantee that the incoming owner even is a sugardaddy who wants to join the global sports billionaire d*ck-measuring contest... that's pretty much a best case scenario, and it's not an attractive one. But on top of that, every single time a club changes ownership it runs the risk of falling into the hands of someone who wants to asset-strip, or some lunatic who'll do what Romanov did to Hearts, except on a bigger stage. Or someone who turns us into a laughing stock, like Blackburn's new owners promising Ronaldinho and Rooney and a Champions League trophy within three years.

With Levy I feel like we're moving forward. Other fans feel like he's holding us back. I appreciate that... we'll have to agree to differ. Just be careful what you wish for; from what I've seen of club takeovers in the past 20 years, they fail at least as much as they succeed. And when they fail they can take the whole club down. I'm not sure we need to be fixing what isn't - in my view - all that broken in the first place.

levy as chairman with a billionaire owner would be perfect

Back