• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Capital One Cup 2015-16

Like we probably did in 93 as well...

Never felt it that year, certainly did in 95. Especially after being excluded it from it originally then getting reinstated, drawing Altrincham, battering Sunderland, the 6-2 at Southampton and obviously Klinsmann at Anfield. I was convinced.
Similar in 2001, mainly due to the 1 in the year though, the semi defeat hurt more I think

Never felt it that year, certainly did in 95. Especially after being excluded it from it originally then getting reinstated, drawing Altrincham, battering Sunderland, the 6-2 at Southampton and obviously Klinsmann at Anfield. I was convinced.
Similar in 2001, mainly due to the 1 in the year though, the semi defeat hurt more I think

I felt it in 1993...that City game made me think it was ours...the stars seemed aligned. 95 as well (though to a much lesser extent). Then as you say 2001, certainly 2010 :mad: and (sort of) in 2012. I know many Pool fans were hoping for a Chelski win as they couldn't see how they'd beat us with Lennon and Bale.

Sigh, it's about time isn't it:(

I agree with those, was the southampton one with magic ronnie or was that hatrick a league match i can not remember.

2001 was it for me because Hoddle had just returned, oddly though with hindsight I think Graham would have done a better job against his former side.

The loss to Pompey in the cup hurt most as I was living just done the road to the brick hole that is Portsmouth and we had such great players, I actually think we do better when we have less great players I am thinking Chelsea in the league cup final.

I agree with those, was the southampton one with magic ronnie or was that hatrick a league match i can not remember.

2001 was it for me because Hoddle had just returned, oddly though with hindsight I think Graham would have done a better job against his former side.

The loss to Pompey in the cup hurt most as I was living just done the road to the brick hole that is Portsmouth and we had such great players, I actually think we do better when we have less great players I am thinking Chelsea in the league cup final.

Was chatting with my dad about that final the other day... our team was truly diabolical but were it not for King/Woodgate and Berbs/Keano, we would have been destroyed. We started with Hutton and Chimbonda as full-backs with Zokora and Jenas at CM ffs!

Remember when Zokora missed two consecutive sitters to win it in normal time? He never did get that first Spurs goal...

Klopp was complaining about Stokes long ball tactics - 60% odd possession at anfield, the guy is a true Liverpool fan.

Yes. I went to home match, IIRC Klinsmann scored a pen and they equalised straight away.

Was out around town on a works night out when the replay was on. Was being shown on a big screen, gots load of stock when 2-0 down, once we pulled it back 2-2 I had that winning feeling, so f#cked the do off and ran home to catch extra-time

Actually preferred a City v Liverpool final. Another match for both, means their scheduled league games that weekend (Saudi Sportswashing Machine v city;Liverpool v Everton) will need to fitted in later in midweek.
Plus more chance of City beating Liverpool at Wembley than Everton tbh.

Dont like to wish injuries on a player (exceptions being Adam,Barton and now Wickham), bur could do with De Bruyne being out until Feb 16th...

Everton were unlucky with second goal as the ball had gone out, but every team has bad decisions against them. Martinez, though is always moaning about referee decisions, when he needs to look at him self. Everton are underperforming and it's not because of referees. They have backed him in the transfer market and he needs to show he is worth it. I am so glad he did not become our manager despite being flavour of the month.

Nice goal by Barkley but they let him run unchallenged for too long.

Delph looked drunk in that instance. Barkley back to looking really good again though.

That ball was well out. Bad bad decision by the officials.

It was the wrong call, but the ball was only marginally out. From a long way off for the linesman to spot it, probably not at a perfect angle. One of those things that happen.

Everton were unlucky with second goal as the ball had gone out, but every team has bad decisions against them. Martinez, though is always moaning about referee decisions, when he needs to look at him self. Everton are underperforming and it's not because of referees. They have backed him in the transfer market and he needs to show he is worth it. I am so glad he did not become our manager despite being flavour of the month.

Pellegrini listed the refereeing errors that have benefited Everton against them recently. Martinez definitely not making himself look good and making himself look more clueless by not accepting that most of the problem is in his team.

Back