• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

I have to laugh at the deluded taco who thought they outplayed us. Launching the ball repeated up the pitch as far as you can hardly constitutes outplaying us. I thought we were poor overall yesterday and were still twice the team they were.

That is just outright deluded. Scoring from their first two shots on target (the only other one being just about a back pass to Lloris), from two corners. Even Pulis wouldn't have considered that outplaying someone and half his attacking strategy is corners.

They did well as the underdog. Defended well for most of the game in an organized hard working manner and fluked a couple of goals down the other end from a handful of set pieces whilst otherwise creating very little. But they were clearly second best all game and even a draw would have flattered them.

different levels, our ceiling is a lot higher than theirs
Or will be when it's finished ;).

Seriously though, certainly expectation levels are not as high at that club but by any standard they are in the bricker, on and off the pitch. Sure the more deluded of their fans think they are a club on a comparable level to us but they are not. Maybe they thought the Olympic Stadium would take them a few steps up the ladder but it may end up destroying the club from the inside out. They have something to moan about. We do not was my point.

Last edited:
Or will be when it's finished ;).

Seriously though, certainly expectation levels are not as high at that club but by any standard they are in the brickter, on and off the pitch. Sure the more deluded of their fans think they are a club on a comparable level to us but they are not. Maybe they thought the Olympic Stadium would take them a few steps up the ladder but it may end up destroying the club from the inside out. They have something to moan about. We do not was my point.

Agree fully. And for me at least there's a feeling about the club right now that even more difficult periods will be handled quite well. Setbacks are pretty much impossible to completely avoid as far as I'm concerned, but right now the club seems to be heading in the right direction even when there are setbacks.

A lot of reasons for optimism right now, though one wouldn't necessarily believe it looking at some of the posts around here sometimes.

That is just outright deluded. Scoring from their first two shots on target (the only other one being just about a back pass to Lloris), from two corners. Even Pulis wouldn't have considered that outplaying someone and half his attacking strategy is corners.

They did well as the underdog. Defended well for most of the game in an organized hard working manner and fluked a couple of goals down the other end from a handful of set pieces whilst otherwise creating very little. But they were clearly second best all game and even a draw would have flattered them.

That's exactly what I saw, for most of game we struggled to get going but still seemed likely to win. Very disappointed with Eriksen and Payet both have been below par this season.

That's exactly what I saw, for most of game we struggled to get going but still seemed likely to win. Very disappointed with Eriksen and Payet both have been below par this season.

yeah, i must say, as brick as we were playing I did think we were always the most likely
team to score the next goal

Our lot really don't have a lot to moan about when you see what sort of future their club has.

We've got nothing to moan about.

Well in touch with the the top (not just the top four), unbeaten in the league, key players to come back and get to full fitness, some players not even played well yet this season, homegrown players being given chances, top young manager, new stadium... The list of positives is almost endless.

We've got nothing to moan about.

Well in touch with the the top (not just the top four), unbeaten in the league, key players to come back and get to full fitness, some players not even played well yet this season, homegrown players being given chances, top young manager, new stadium... The list of positives is almost endless.

The media hate us and wanted them to win, well thats a positive for me aswell.

They ran the channels and that was it, yes ZAZA had a golden chance to play in Payet but their keeper pulled of a worldy to deny Dier, everyone seems to forget that chance.

This season for them is taking shape of others, the next three games will kill their confidence, they are in real danger

Easy for you lot to look back with hindsight and say you knew we were going to win. At no point did I think a win was the most likely outcome for us, apart from maybe just after Winks had scored. We were fudging crap for most of the game and did not deserve a single point from it.

They weren't much better mind. Quite funny that we can be that bad and still stick three goals past them. They've been awful this season and if they lose all of their next three games then they're in big trouble. I'd still be surprised if they get relegated, but they'll have no chance of hanging onto Payet beyond this season, maybe even the likes of Lanzini and Antonio will go too. Even if they pull together some form and finish the season in mid-table, I imagine a huge chunk will not be renewing their season tickets.

That being said, last season they took four points off Arsenal, four points off Man Utd and six points off Liverpool (and knocked them out of the cup) so don't be surprised to see them step up their game. Funny as it would be for them to lose all three of their next games and be staring relegation in the face, it would be far more beneficial for us if they got their act together and actually took some points from those games.

My son read KUMB and it appears when Carroll is fit they only need a rightback, centrehalf and midfielder and they'll be pushing for top 4.

My son read KUMB and it appears when Carroll is fit they only need a rightback, centrehalf and midfielder and they'll be pushing for top 4.

Could probably do with Brady messing about with the furniture in their 'world class' footballing arena as well. Feng Shui is probably the only hope they have of staying up.

How Payet must hate himself for missing what may well have been his last chance to escape!

Easy for you lot to look back with hindsight and say you knew we were going to win. At no point did I think a win was the most likely outcome for us, apart from maybe just after Winks had scored. We were fudging crap for most of the game and did not deserve a single point from it.

They weren't much better mind. Quite funny that we can be that bad and still stick three goals past them. They've been awful this season and if they lose all of their next three games then they're in big trouble. I'd still be surprised if they get relegated, but they'll have no chance of hanging onto Payet beyond this season, maybe even the likes of Lanzini and Antonio will go too. Even if they pull together some form and finish the season in mid-table, I imagine a huge chunk will not be renewing their season tickets.

That being said, last season they took four points off Arsenal, four points off Man Utd and six points off Liverpool (and knocked them out of the cup) so don't be surprised to see them step up their game. Funny as it would be for them to lose all three of their next games and be staring relegation in the face, it would be far more beneficial for us if they got their act together and actually took some points from those games.

We didn't deserve to be a goal down at 1 nil or at 2-1 so im not sure why we didn't deserve anything from the game. 2nd half we were the better side and the first half was even.

There seems to be this opinion whenever we play badly that it automatically means we deserved to lose or that we were lucky to come away with any points - sometimes that is the case but you have to remember that there are two teams on the pitch and games like Saturday may have seen us under performing but our opponents didn't do anything to deserve the points themselves and on balance of play only one team were worth the win and it weren't West Ham.

We didn't deserve to be a goal down at 1 nil or at 2-1 so im not sure why we didn't deserve anything from the game. 2nd half we were the better side and the first half was even.

There seems to be this opinion whenever we play badly that it automatically means we deserved to lose or that we were lucky to come away with any points - sometimes that is the case but you have to remember that there are two teams on the pitch and games like Saturday may have seen us under performing but our opponents didn't do anything to deserve the points themselves and on balance of play only one team were worth the win and it weren't West Ham.

If only you were there to see it.:p

West Ham were never going to come to the Lane all guns blazing and try to outplay us. They had a game plan, they stuck to it and it almost worked. Kane's first goal was a gift from them, we don't get that we lose the game, simple as.

West Ham were never going to come to the Lane all guns blazing and try to outplay us. They had a game plan, they stuck to it and it almost worked. Kane's first goal was a gift from them, we don't get that we lose the game, simple as.

its all well and good going in to a hard away game with a game plan like West Ham did but if it doesn't work and you dont really do much yourselves to win the game then you cant really complain - which is what happened imo

Their second goal is a gift from Janssen and the referee. They don't get that they don't go 2-1 up in the first place. Simple as.

They scored from a lucky bounce off a corner (was a brilliant header onto the bar and also a great run from Antonio)
There second was a penalty - It wasn't great football, it was a penalty for handling a player in the area

I agree they had a game plan and they stuck to it. It was a decent defensive performance from them, but they offered nothing attack wise for me

Back