• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

We should expect fate to deliver us at least 1 punch in the face a year but at least it's the minor one

West Ham winning, plus our injury list, two sacked managers, one dead physical coach and DOF banned from world football, is probably the equivalent to being knocked to the ground, kicked in the ribs and stomped on the head. We barely survived thanks to Arse not winning the league.

I feel gutted personally, would love us to win a trophy. Never understood why we don't take the cups seriously, all the top teams do now.

I feel gutted personally, would love us to win a trophy. Never understood why we don't take the cups seriously, all the top teams do now.

Been to more finals than West Ham in the last 20 years, don't think it's anything to do with seriousness TBH. Bit different playing a generational side in the FA Cup final like Chelsea or Liverpool in the CL final and a mid table side in the third tier of European trophies.

It's become a popular b0lloxy line that we don't take them serious, people just can't separate the idea of losing in the league and knock out football and the difference IMO.

West Ham won their first trophy in GHod knows when, they have been about as useful as thr G in Gnocchi, just their time.

I'm not sure it warrants the modernist way of lauding what others do whilst sh1tting on all things Spurs, regardless how much back slapping it gets people

Was sent a clip earlier of West Ham fans singing the 'running around Tottenham' song but this time "with their European Cup".
Rent free.

I was pondering this on and off the last few days and whilst I'm sad it wasn't us winning something (I am still gutted about the way we went out of the FA Cup, I was so sure we were on track at least for the SF and possibly the Final) I would rather get to a CL Final and lose, than be in the ECL and win it. All moot for next season of course, but I'm glad we can usually aim high. (Need to get better at it, of course).

Was sent a clip earlier of West Ham fans singing the 'running around Tottenham' song but this time "with their European Cup".
Rent free.

I was pondering this on and off the last few days and whilst I'm sad it wasn't us winning something (I am still gutted about the way we went out of the FA Cup, I was so sure we were on track at least for the SF and possibly the Final) I would rather get to a CL Final and lose, than be in the ECL and win it. All moot for next season of course, but I'm glad we can usually aim high. (Need to get better at it, of course).

Exactly. If you are in the cup you wanna win the hypertheticals surrounding otherwise I don't get. But I don't wake up dreaming or getting jealous of not winning a newly created money cup that's the third best in Europe and comes under all domestic honours. In the same way I don't get jealous of Wrexham or Bromley winning thing

Exactly. If you are in the cup you wanna win the hypertheticals surrounding otherwise I don't get. But I don't wake up dreaming or getting jealous of not winning a newly created money cup that's the third best in Europe and comes under all domestic honours. In the same way I don't get jealous of Wrexham or Bromley winning thing

Bringing Wrexham / Bromley into the debate seems disingenuous.

West Ham have won a competition we weren't even able to qualify for this season and as such, will compete in the next level of European competition above. They did it by winning the necessary games to be considered the best of the teams that entered the competition. The notion of it being good to win things isn't some kind of anti Spurs agenda, it's just how competitions work. Some people seem to forget that, be the best in the competition, it's not rocket science to understand it but executing the idea is another thing and that's why history remembers those who achieved it.

The conference league isn't the ultimate pipe dream but I'd rather have a chance to win it rather than not (and also give the likes of Devine / Scarlett a chance to show what they can do in our shirt). You have to earn that opportunity to play in Europe and we threw it away whilst sitting in 4th under Conte, such is life and hopefully we can get back up there under new management.

Not sure if I've missed the gist of your post, it does sound a tad defensive / dismissive but maybe I've misread the tone, it's near the denial of a grown man who operates a football forum who apparently doesn't understand the difference between a pre season friendly tournament and a competitive European competition - Hi @scaramanga ;)

Last edited:

West Ham have won a competition we weren't even able to qualify for this season and as such, will compete in the next level of European competition above. They did it by winning the necessary games to be considered the best of the teams that entered the competition. The notion of it being good to win things isn't some kind of anti Spurs agenda, it's just how competitions work. Some people seem to forget that, be the best in the competition, it's not rocket science to understand it but executing the idea is another thing and that's why history remembers those who achieved it.

The conference league isn't the ultimate pipe dream but I'd rather have a chance to win it rather than not (and also give the likes of Devine / Scarlett a chance to show what they can do in our shirt). You have to earn that opportunity to play in Europe and we threw it away whilst sitting in 4th under Conte, such is life and hopefully we can get back up there under new management.

Not sure if I've missed the gist of your post, it does sound a tad defensive / dismissive but maybe I've misread the tone, it's near the denial of a grown man who operates a football forum who apparently doesn't understand the difference between a pre season friendly tournament and a competitive European competition - Hi @scaramanga ;)

Oh it was I added that level for the craic

It's nit defensive TBH, it's more a statement of what I believe

I said earlier I don't have to be jealous of what others have won because I've seen us win alot in my life. Its a West Ham thread so it doesn't actually have to be about us anyway but as it seems trendy these days to big up rivals and be on a massive downer on us so I put ours and my own experiences in for that reason.

I don't dream of being a mockney flat cap wearing, strike a light, back bone of the world, racist, my uncle was reggie kray, jellied eel, pie and mash, westfield FC, fare dodging, danny dyer wannabe cnut and this just seems the thread to express that ;)

Oh it was I added that level for the craic

It's nit defensive TBH, it's more a statement of what I believe

I said earlier I don't have to be jealous of what others have won because I've seen us win alot in my life. Its a West Ham thread so it doesn't actually have to be about us anyway but as it seems trendy these days to big up rivals and be on a massive downer on us so I put ours and my own experiences in for that reason.

I don't dream of being a mockney flat cap wearing, strike a light, back bone of the world, racist, my uncle was reggie kray, jellied eel, pie and mash, westfield FC, fare dodging, danny dyer wannabe cnut and this just seems the thread to express that ;)

I mean, it's better to win things than not win them...I can only recall the league cup win as I was born the year of last of our last FA cup, it is what it is and there's always next season.

I've never had much animosity for West Ham or their fans but I admittedly haven't lived in London since I was a kid, I actually have a few friends who are fans who I worked with in Prague who still live there, and as you can imagine it was an excellent time out there for them, can't fault them for it (apart from flimflam like throwing crap at players). for no justifiable reason). Any football fan would dream of the happiness they felt from winning it going by the parades, but anyone is entitled to mock / belittle it if they so choose.

Been to more finals than West Ham in the last 20 years, don't think it's anything to do with seriousness TBH. Bit different playing a generational side in the FA Cup final like Chelsea or Liverpool in the CL final and a mid table side in the third tier of European trophies.

It's become a popular b0lloxy line that we don't take them serious, people just can't separate the idea of losing in the league and knock out football and the difference IMO.

West Ham won their first trophy in GHod knows when, they have been about as useful as thr G in Gnocchi, just their time.

I'm not sure it warrants the modernist way of lauding what others do whilst sh1tting on all things Spurs, regardless how much back slapping it gets people
Bit different playing a mid table side in the third tier of European competion - yet when we was in that same third tier of competition we didn't get out of the group stage:D. And whilst some will say that's because we weren't allowed to replay our game that got cancelled because of Covid we was struggling to get out of that group anyway against weak opposition - we had absolutely no chance of winning that competition. And a large part of that is due to fans not buying into these tournaments- we have a large volume of fans who look down on just about any cup that isn't the Champions League or FA Cup even though we haven't won anything better than a League cup for over 30 years. Every fan at West Ham was right behind them in this competition, and yes they haven't experienced CL football before but they was in the more prestigious Europa League previous season yet they still got right up for the Conference League because it was a European trophy to win and they haven't won anything for a long while. We could learn a lot from them.

The same old excuses that get rolled out time and time again why we don't win cups, whilst more and more 'smaller' teams are winning them since we last won anything.

But we are such a special club that it doesn't matter because we will always be the very best at achieving what is most important - flattering to deceive....

Bit different playing a mid table side in the third tier of European competion - yet when we was in that same third tier of competition we didn't get out of the group stage:D. And whilst some will say that's because we weren't allowed to replay our game that got cancelled because of Covid we was struggling to get out of that group anyway against weak opposition - we had absolutely no chance of winning that competition. And a large part of that is due to fans not buying into these tournaments- we have a large volume of fans who look down on just about any cup that isn't the Champions League or FA Cup even though we haven't won anything better than a League cup for over 30 years. Every fan at West Ham was right behind them in this competition, and yes they haven't experienced CL football before but they was in the more prestigious Europa League previous season yet they still got right up for the Conference League because it was a European trophy to win and they haven't won anything for a long while. We could learn a lot from them.

The same old excuses that get rolled out time and time again why we don't win cups, whilst more and more 'smaller' teams are winning them since we last won anything.

But we are such a special club that it doesn't matter because we will always be the very best at achieving what is most important - flattering to deceive....
Everything in its place I suppose

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

but had they been in with a sniff of CL qualification during the season they wouldn’t have risked first teamers in this

can’t take it away from them, but you have to be out of touch in the proper stuff to be in touch in this

but had they been in with a sniff of CL qualification during the season they wouldn’t have risked first teamers in this

can’t take it away from them, but you have to be out of touch in the proper stuff to be in touch in this

So it's because they're bad they've won something. Think about that argument, actually consider it for a second or two. How convenient. In actuality, put some thought in to how stupid your hypothesis is because I simply can't be arsed to explain it, you legitimately don't deserve the effort on my part.

Maybe people who aren't accepting reality need to stop posting on the west Ham thread to stop us looking stooopid.

So it's because they're bad they've won something. Think about that argument, actually consider it for a second or two. How convenient. In actuality, put some thought in to how stupid your hypothesis is because I simply can't be arsed to explain it, you legitimately don't deserve the effort on my part.

Maybe people who aren't accepting reality need to stop posting on the west Ham thread to stop us looking stooopid.

City are good, how come they didn’t win it…

City are good, how come they didn’t win it…

The conference league? Are you fudging joking, City aren't just "good", which is why they qualified for the champions league and won it. Why do I have to spell this brick out for you for free? Why do I do it, what do I gain?!? It's like telling a 2 year old that 1+ 1 = 2, what is the point?

The conference league? Are you fudging joking, City aren't just "good", which is why they qualified for the champions league and won it. Why do I have to spell this brick out for you for free? Why do I do it, what do I gain?!? It's like telling a 2 year old that 1+ 1 = 2, what is the point?

The point is, you have to be at a certain level to win that trophy.

That’s the 1+1 bit.

The point is, you have to be at a certain level to win that trophy.

That’s the 1+1 bit.

Spell it out in plain "Ingerlish". I've no idea who you are attempting to belittle at this stage, it may very well be us even inadvertently. It looks that way. It's a bit like Jeremy Clarkson taking the tinkle out of tossers wearing jeans and brown shoes, it's friendly fire.

You have to be at a certain level to win the Europa conference league ie the qualification position that we didn't manage but I doubt that's what you mean.

Spell it out in plain "Ingerlish". I've no idea who you are attempting to belittle at this stage, in may very well be us even inadvertently. It looks that way. It's a bit like Jeremy Clarkson taking the tinkle out of tossers wearing jeans and brown shoes, it's friendly fire.

You have to be at a certain level to win the Europa conference league ie the qualification position that we didn't manage but I doubt that's what you mean.

and you have to be at a certain level, and in a certain position, to be able to afford to put resource into it

and you have to be at a certain level, and in a certain position, to be able to afford to put resource into it

That West Ham are at but we aren't? You'll spin it as a negative on them no doubt.

We have more financial clout but you really can't accept they just had what it took to get them over the line?

That West Ham are at but we aren't? You'll spin it as a negative on them no doubt.

We have more financial clout but you really can't accept they just had what it took to get them over the line?

I don't think for a second, that had they been in with a sniff of a CL place, going into the last month of the season, they would have made the selections they did in the Europa Conference games.

You have to be in a position, in the second half of the season, to waste resource on secondary competitions.

We may find ourselves in that position in the future, but for the last 15 years, we've (rightly) been putting all of our eggs in the top 4 basket.

I can see us putting effort into the domestic cups next season, if, and it's a big if, it doesn't look like we can compete for a CL place.

[
I don't think for a second, that had they been in with a sniff of a CL place, going into the last month of the season, they would have made the selections they did in the Europa Conference games.

You have to be in a position, in the second half of the season, to waste resource on secondary competitions.

We may find ourselves in that position in the future, but for the last 15 years, we've (rightly) been putting all of our eggs in the top 4 basket.

I can see us putting effort into the domestic cups next season, if, and it's a big if, it doesn't look like we can compete for a CL place.

The fudge are you talking about domestic cups for in the west Ham thread kid, they won a European one.

It seems like you and Scara have a competition in place to be the most seemingly entitled / arrogant Spurs fan despite all real life evidence. You actually have no right to be picking and choosing what's best to win. Hopefully it'll be the same for City with the FFP charges but we simply don't know unless you're done kind of top level lawyer involved in the case which I doubt.

Back