• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

Is anyone else getting annoyed by all the comments about the great Spurs double side getting 27 points from 9 games (or 30 from 10 now)? They didn't. It was 2 points for a win in those days.

I mentioned it a while back.

It's not important, as it's the results that are being compared rather than points.

We're doing well.

We're a very good side. But we aren't going to win the league.

The fact that when certain players go down after any foul people on here are a nervous wreck says it all. Even without Europe we will still get plenty of injuries when the game come thick and fast in December/New Years.

The most important thing is that we are going in the right direction and I truly do believe that somewhere along the line, probably not this season big Ange is the guy that will relieve us of our trophy drought.

But our great start has given us a fantastic chance of top 5, and that would be a fantastic achievement for the team....

We're a very good side. But we aren't going to win the league.

The fact that when certain players go down after any foul people on here are a nervous wreck says it all. Even without Europe we will still get plenty of injuries when the game come thick and fast in December/New Years.

The most important thing is that we are going in the right direction and I truly do believe that somewhere along the line, probably not this season big Ange is the guy that will relieve us of our trophy drought.

But our great start has given us a fantastic chance of top 5, and that would be a fantastic achievement for the team....
I don't think we should be definitively stating we won't win the league, why can't we? It's a small percentage chance for sure but a bigger one than at the start of the season. Someone mentioned above that the next six games have some toughies in them and I don't expect to come out the other side unbeaten but if we do, say 3W 3D, then I think even I, a down-trodden pessimistic Spurs fan of 40 years, will admit that the percentage chance would be growing even larger

If we lose all six then I'm on board that we definitely won't be winning the league

The fact our fans panic when we lose a player
But the team and manager don’t days a lot for me about who matters most
The guys on the pitch and their leader
Our thoughts don’t matter… we just need to back the team as fans

and people worry about depth but that’s perfectly normal at every club… every club

city look fake as a pancake attack wise missing 2 players it seems (Rodri and De Bruyne).

Arsenal haven’t actually really lost a key player yet…

I think our squad has more depth than our fans think. We do have an issue at CB and GK but every team has that issue so where is their squad

think positive and better things can happen.
Pool do it all the time
City believe
Arsenal believe
We are scared …

As again for context
Lestah won the league with 2 real scorers
Vardy and Maddison
Napoli won the league with 2 real scorers
Osihmen and Kvaratskhelia
Their teams defended brilliantly and had players play their peak football
it can and does happen
But we have to have luck, ambition, confidence and belief

As again for context
Lestah won the league with 2 real scorers
Vardy and Maddison
Napoli won the league with 2 real scorers
Osihmen and Kvaratskhelia
Their teams defended brilliantly and had players play their peak football
it can and does happen
But we have to have luck, ambition, confidence and belief

Maddison didn't win the league with leicester.

Maddison didn't win the league with leicester.
I'm guessing he means Mahrez.

The problem is that we don't currently have 2 real scorers! If Richi, Kulu or Johnson starts banging them in, great. Otherwise, I think we'd need a 30-goal season from Sonny to get anywhere close.

The problem is that we don't currently have 2 real scorers! If Richi, Kulu or Johnson starts banging them in, great. Otherwise, I think we'd need a 30-goal season from Sonny to get anywhere close.

Seem to be doing alright so far.

I did
But we do have 2 scorers
Maddison and son

Is anyone else getting annoyed by all the comments about the great Spurs double side getting 27 points from 9 games (or 30 from 10 now)? They didn't. It was 2 points for a win in those days.

It's one of those meaningless stats being recited to try and look insightful. It's like the one I saw the other day that we have more points at this stage than the Invincible Woolwich team. It's a daft stat - that side won a league unbeaten FFS. We've achieved diddly squat at this point. We're doing brilliantly, Ange has done better so far than anyone could have dreamed but it's still very early days. Tougher times are to come. To compare this side to The Double team is fudging dumb at this point.

I'll keep saying it but if we have luck with injuries to key players of course we can.

The next run of fixtures will give us a better idea of where we are quality wise - come out of these games well then the sky is the limit.

If we lose VdV or Romero, we are in a lot of bother and it's very difficult to go through a season without losing one or other or...shudder at the thought, both together. VdV will not look as good with another one of our CBs. Losing VdV will change how we play because his pace gets us out of trouble once or twice a game and allows us to play high. Losing Maddison or Bissouma would leave us stretched too.

I'm loving this, it's brilliant. But I still maintain that Champions League football would be a very good result for us this season and a massive success.

It's one of those meaningless stats being recited to try and look insightful. It's like the one I saw the other day that we have more points at this stage than the Invincible Woolwich team. It's a daft stat - that side won a league unbeaten FFS. We've achieved diddly squat at this point. We're doing brilliantly, Ange has done better so far than anyone could have dreamed but it's still very early days. Tougher times are to come. To compare this side to The Double team is fudging dumb at this point.

If we lose VdV or Romero, we are in a lot of bother and it's very difficult to go through a season without losing one or other or...shudder at the thought, both together. VdV will not look as good with another one of our CBs. Losing VdV will change how we play because his pace gets us out of trouble once or twice a game and allows us to play high. Losing Maddison or Bissouma would leave us stretched too.

I'm loving this, it's brilliant. But I still maintain that Champions League football would be a very good result for us this season and a massive success.
Yup my thoughts exactly. And 7 of our 10 games have been against bottom half teams. Let's see where we are in the new year when things have evened themselves out....

Factually we are on course to come close to winning the league.

The longer we can hold that course, the consolation prize of CL qualification becomes almost inevitable.

Our biggest worry squad/injury wise is goalkeeper and the CHs (then Sonny if we become reliant on him). But I'd guess so few games can mitigate overuse/muscle/joint strain injuries somewhat. Impact you can do nothing about.

So we rely on good fortune in those positions, then come January hopefully keep up our strike rate of successful signings to give us increased depth.

Obviously the ACN and Asian Cup are curve balls forced upon us that we'll have to mitigate (I'm more leaning towards PEH staying as a sensible CM cover for that period).

Anything is possible if we are naming a near unchanged team week to week, why wouldn't it be?. The other thing that can scupper us is the form/behaviour of our rivals, something we (except in the 180mins we play them) can do nothing about.

Back