• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

I do not see us finishing above Emirates Marketing Project, that much I will say emphatically. The likes of Arsenal, Liverpool etc I don't see a great deal between but Emirates Marketing Project are just a cut above. And they don't even really get going until much later in the season....

I'm totally relaxed with us, the seasons been beyond my expectations as it is, even if/when we drop off, if this cultures carried forward and we build on it, that's marks success.

I'm at peace with not being City's level.

Do not hold your breath for that to happen.

Ever the optimist. The prem is not uefa or cas. It is run by the 20 clubs. Can see the bottom half clubs wanting everton punished. Can see the top half wanting city punished. Because it benefits them.

I don't expect us to win the league or even seriously challenge for it if I'm honest but it would be nice to be within 5-7 points of the top around game 30.

That feels a tall ask right now to me but I caveat it with the thought that I think we can beat most of brick teams and we have the game to go head to head with the better teams and get good results as we've seen already.

I kind of feel the real test is when we play the middle batch, the likes of Villa, Wolves, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Brighton. Those are the games that if we were to seriously challenge I think we'll need to be getting quite a few wins from. None of them are scary but they are good sides who can damage us I guess as much as we damage them. I also think Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are the most serious challengers for a top 4 place (where I think we will end up) so getting points against them will keep a gap between us and maybe push us towards the top.

I'm generally not getting too excited because I think it's too early in our development we can't fudging complain. It's a bloody great foundation to work from. We just need to add some more bodies and quality to make it real. There is a part of me that thinks or maybe hopes that Johnson can explore on the left and suddenly have a really dangerous front three (c'mon Kulu!).

I won't be disappointed if we finish in the top 4 as Top 6 was my realistic but also somewhat ambitious target for this season.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I'm fudging loving it, the salt from elsewhere is delicious.

I wouldn't say its meaningless, but it's not predictive.
I've always felt you need at least the 18 games before you can really draw any conclusions. Anything earlier may be showing you the results of a good or bad sequence of fixtures.

I've always felt you need at least the 18 games before you can really draw any conclusions. Anything earlier may be showing you the results of a good or bad sequence of fixtures.

Even just getting to the international break and still being top is gonna be a tough ask. We play Chelsea at home and Wolves away. Emirates Marketing Project have Bournemouth at home followed by Chelsea away. Liverpool have Luton at home then Brentford away. Arse have Saudi Sportswashing Machine away and Burnley at home. I don’t see Liverpool dropping any points from those. At a push I see Arsenal drawing with the barcodes. Emirates Marketing Project possibly might draw at Chelsea. But no way will all three teams drop points which means we will need to get 6 points or get 4 points and score a ridiculous amount of goals to boost the GD.

Like you, I’m trying not to get carried away. If Emirates Marketing Project are motivated they will most likely win the league. I’m loving the football we’re playing and the league table looks lovely but I don’t expect a title challenge this season, although we do look a completely different side to last season and much stronger at the back and in midfield which is good to see.

I would like to be above City ahead of our game with them in December and then give them a good fudging kicking. That’ll shut up a few gobbricks.

Oh and no bad injuries.

We can talk about progress at Easter.

Even just getting to the international break and still being top is gonna be a tough ask. We play Chelsea at home and Wolves away. Emirates Marketing Project have Bournemouth at home followed by Chelsea away. Liverpool have Luton at home then Brentford away. Arse have Saudi Sportswashing Machine away and Burnley at home. I don’t see Liverpool dropping any points from those. At a push I see Arsenal drawing with the barcodes. Emirates Marketing Project possibly might draw at Chelsea. But no way will all three teams drop points which means we will need to get 6 points or get 4 points and score a ridiculous amount of goals to boost the GD.

Like you, I’m trying not to get carried away. If Emirates Marketing Project are motivated they will most likely win the league. I’m loving the football we’re playing and the league table looks lovely but I don’t expect a title challenge this season, although we do look a completely different side to last season and much stronger at the back and in midfield which is good to see.
Interestingly, Fantasy Premier League rate the difficulties as 3 + 2 for us, then 2 + 3 for both Liverpool and City, and 4 + 2 for Arsenal. Although I'd probably rate Luton at home a 1 and Brentford away a 4.

It won't be easy, but I don't see the chances of us getting 6 points as any lower than any of the chasing pack, and of course Arsenal have a very tough visit to St James's Park.

Emirates Marketing Project then play Liverpool the match after, just before we head up to the Etihad ourselves.

Either way, it won't be long before we can either stop wasting our time dreaming of the title...or start getting fully on the Big Ange bandwagon!

I have no idea where to put this, but with Bayern out of the German cup, that's 2 trophies that are already gone for Harry and it's still early November. And how ironic would it be, if we actually won the league and Bayern finished 2nd to Leverkusen. Was he the jinx all along?

Just to provide a little perspective on unlikely lads lifting the title. Sorry, no fancy diagrams, graphs or charts here.

Leicester City were 4W 4D 1L - 16 points - after nine games in the 2015-16 season, when they won the league. Seven points less than what we have now. They did win game #10, so, no pressure on Ange and the boys. We have a cushion in our title-chasing pace.

Also, after advancing two rounds, they went out of the League Cup on PKs to Hull in the round of 16, right after game #10. So they'd played one extra game to this point and, like us this season, had no European football to add stress. They didn't pass our current point total until game #13, three weeks later in the schedule.

Their schedule up to game #10 was fairly soft, mostly playing bottom half teams, including relegated Aston Villa and Norwich among six of the bottom seven they faced. At home, they drew against us, 1-1 and lost 2-5 to Arsenal, who beat them twice but still finished 10 points back.

Traditional big club contenders Liverpool and Chelsea finished 8th and 10th respectively. Not unlike how ManU and Chelsea are already behaving - and currently positioned - this season. ManU and MoneyCity finished tied for 4th on 66 pts., but City had far the better goal difference.

Cann we be living - and living better - in a parallel universe? In The Twilight Zone?

BNpL66U.jpg

Rod will be along shortly to answer your questions. Enjoy your smoke.
The difference being back then that Leicester won the league with 81 points. That was a bit of an aberration, given that the average points of the title winners in the past 10 years is around 92 points. And back then every big team was in a state of flux. Currently City, Scum, and Pool have strong and settled teams. So the Leicester comparison is a bit apples and oranges. I can see us getting around 80-85 points this season, but it will still leave us short. The winner will likely get 88-89 points or more. But I do think we can do top 3.

I have no idea where to put this, but with Bayern out of the German cup, that's 2 trophies that are already gone for Harry and it's still early November. And how ironic would it be, if we actually won the league and Bayern finished 2nd to Leverkusen. Was he the jinx all along?

Spur5y

Back to the Cann Table. There is real separation between the Top5 and the rest now.

26 TOT
24 ARS MNC
23 LIV
22 AST
-------
17 NEW BRI
15 MNU
14 WHU
13 BRE
12 CHE WOL CRY FUL
10 EVE NOT
6 BOU
5 LUT
4 BUR
1 SHE
Back again with another Cann Table, and what a weekend.
It was a real shame that City, Pool and Arse all won as usual, those guys are always winning. Villa too, unstoppable under Emery. How are we supposed to keep up with their march to victory? Can anyone stop them? They are brutally invincible, seems nobody can stop their winning ways.
Oh wait a minute.
Such a shame that the Gooners lost, boo hoo. And Villa.
And such a shame that Pool couldn't beat Luton and had to rely on a last minute shoulder to scramble a draw against the mighty billionaires of Luton.
COYS

27 MNC
26 TOT*
24 LIV ARS
22 AST
-------
20 NEW
18 BRI MNU
16 BRE
15 CRY
14 WHU
13 NFO
12 CHE* WOL FUL
11 EVE
6 LUT BOU
4 BUR SHE

I got a reminder this week, whilst listening to a pod, that the journey is more important than the end result i.e. don't get too hung up on where we end up in April, just focus on enjoying each game, enjoy the wins, don't cry about the losses, be positive and enjoy week after week after week and then let's see where we end up. Enjoy the process, don't sweat the outcome.

Back