• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

I'll keep saying it but if we have luck with injuries to key players of course we can.

The next run of fixtures will give us a better idea of where we are quality wise - come out of these games well then the sky is the limit.
Get to half way, i.e. play everyone once, and we'll have a better idea of where we are.

Yup my thoughts exactly. And 7 of our 10 games have been against bottom half teams. Let's see where we are in the new year when things have evened themselves out....
Have they ?
Were those teams all bottom half when we played them
They weren’t
They were after though

United were top half
So was palace last night
Brentford were because of alphabetical order
Arsenal and Liverpool were
So half our games were against top half teams

Last edited:
One game at a time, things are going great at the moment but its a long season and there will be injurys and loss of form from players. There were quite a few fans who were suggesting that we would stuggle to finish in the top half of the table after selling Kane ( some chicken lickens even mentioned being in danger of relegation). Lets not get carried away, we have made a great start so far ( and its fair to say that Ange has done great things).

One game at a time, things are going great at the moment but its a long season and there will be injurys and loss of form from players. There were quite a few fans who were suggesting that we would stuggle to finish in the top half of the table after selling Kane ( some chicken lickens even mentioned being in danger of relegation). Lets not get carried away, we have made a great start so far ( and its fair to say that Ange has done great things).
Some of those fans have disappeared strangely

Don't worry if we don't buy x amount of players in January they will be back in force blaming levy for not opening the purse strings. Just in case we do sign players they won't be the players Ange wants.

If we do nothing they will be here blaming Lo Celso for being one footed.

I'll keep saying it but if we have luck with injuries to key players of course we can.

The next run of fixtures will give us a better idea of where we are quality wise - come out of these games well then the sky is the limit.

Luck with injuries, if more players in the squad can step up and of course how good the others are.

Next run of fixtures will tell us quite a bit for sure. A bad run of form will probably come, how we respond to that will also tell us a lot.

For now let's mostly just enjoy the ride and see where we end up. One game at the time and all that. But there are good reasons to hope and dream.

There are some definitely noticeable absentees on this forum at the moment.
But counterbalanced by the welcome return of others :)

In the R5 preview of the United/City game they were mentioning the importance of their hierarchy to City's success, e.g. the chief exec and sporting director. We've seen what a difference outstanding recruitment has made this season....we just have to hope that between Scott Munn at Board level and Lange, the "Technical Director", aided by the occasional dollup of Paratici consultancy, we can continue buying the players that Ange believes are the right ones. If Scott Munn is half-decent, Levy should be able to drop into the background, where he can continue the property development which is his forte.

What was funny is that one absentee in particular was arguing he didn't only post when there was a reason to moan - don't think I've seen him post since the transfer window closed...

Whilst we’re piling in…. I noticed a couple of particularly negative posters over the years appearing the week of the Arsenal and Liverpool games, but not seen since we got 4 points out of those fixtures! Almost like they were expecting the wheels to fall off.

What was funny is that one absentee in particular was arguing he didn't only post when there was a reason to moan - don't think I've seen him post since the transfer window closed...

Haha been 2 or 3 that have not been seen. One has fleetingly popped up but it did make me smile

Can't be a coincidence

Do they want us to be brick?

Is there something psychological where they might have loved the club. But have been hurt. Now only find some weird gratification if we are doing badly?

I dunno.

Do they want us to be brick?

Is there something psychological where they might have loved the club. But have been hurt. Now only find some weird gratification if we are doing badly?

I dunno.

Hahah hard to say, could be really enjoying the ride but just seems odd.

I mean I known I can spam this forum at times but the reality was you couldn't move on threads without seeing "if only we were or acted like a well run club" or a chance to remind everyone how bad were. You would like to think the balance would be addressed but seems not.

Is what it is I suppose

I do not see us finishing above Emirates Marketing Project, that much I will say emphatically. The likes of Arsenal, Liverpool etc I don't see a great deal between but Emirates Marketing Project are just a cut above. And they don't even really get going until much later in the season....

I do not see us finishing above Emirates Marketing Project, that much I will say emphatically. The likes of Arsenal, Liverpool etc I don't see a great deal between but Emirates Marketing Project are just a cut above. And they don't even really get going until much later in the season....

Don't need to finish above city. Just need them to be deducted a bajillion points for being cheating fudges.

Back