• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

And it's gone.

Can't see us getting much from the next few games after that shambolic performance and wouldn't be surprised if we don't get UCL.

We have been consistently inconsistent since Chelsea and to lose 3-0 at Fulham and then 4-0 at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the fashion we have is truly poor, by anyone's standards.

Need a huge turn around or our season will end like it did last year.

Burnley the only hope of getting more points on the board before the last game of the season

More than happy with 5th. CL would be great but EL suits where we are more I think. 4th was absolutely everything in 2021/22 (probably because of who it meant finishing above) but it meant absolutely nothing the next season.

And if you think I’m just trying to be positive these are my other two posts from 26 Sep and 28 Oct:

I actually don't even really care where we finish. Just that we keep playing entertaining football and keep showing signs of progression. If that gets us top 4 then absolutely brilliant. But if we finish 6th or 7th I won't really mind either.

I think we can win it but we probably won't. But my expectations for this season were to enjoy Spurs again. As long as they continue to give us that, I'll be happy (and very confident it'll result in a top 5 finish).

Last edited:
Maybe not this season, but it's not been bad so far, despite the recent losses.

However, seeing what Xabi has done at Leverkusen, we have got to give Ange time.

Trust in the process! Now let's get back to fighting in the next game.

More than happy with 5th. CL would be great but EL suits where we are more I think. 4th was absolutely everything in 2021/22 (probably because of who it meant finishing above) but it meant absolutely nothing the next season.

And if you think I’m just trying to be positive these are my other two posts from 26 Sep and 28 Oct:
I'd be really happy with EL if I thought we'd take it seriously. But we won't.

well lets be honest.

It feels like Scum, Spam and liverpool will go out.

Dortmund might go out as well. That would leave City and Villa hopefully still in against Leverkusen and Bayern. I expect City to go further than Bayern. But Leverkusen will likely win it.

Looks bad for 5th unless Villa and city Win the other two.

well lets be honest.

It feels like Scum, Spam and liverpool will go out.

Dortmund might go out as well. That would leave City and Villa hopefully still in against Leverkusen and Bayern. I expect City to go further than Bayern. But Leverkusen will likely win it.

Looks bad for 5th unless Villa and city Win the other two.
I think arsenal will beat Bayern
They know how they play now and have no excuses

I've been saying all along that it will be close. Had Liverpool not brick the bed we'd probably be favorites, but now you have to say Germany are the favorites. Our only hope is Arse to keep it tight, but even then England can get a max of 5 points from the CL in the next round, what with Arse and City playing each other.

I think this year's draw following the rules from previous years was not very fair. Given the added importance of the coefficient and that only the one from just this year counts, teams from the same country should be at opposite ends of the bracket, else you are penalizing the association and not allowing them to gather maximum points. Obviously, if there are more than 2 teams, then one side of the bracket would have 2, but it should be weighted.

In any case, I am OK with EL, if that's where we end up. It's just that I hate the idea of Villa getting CL.

Unless Arsenal win tomorrow it's game over for fifth.
Even if Arsenal do not go through, they should at least get a point. If Pool and Spam manage to win, even if they don't make it through, then everything will rest on the results in the City-Bayern tie (assuming City go through). If City wins both and the final, then Villa can lose both their SF games and we get the 5th spot.

If Pool, Spam, and Arse get 0 points in their reverse fixtures, Villa and City will need to go all the way and win the CL and ECL for us to stand a chance and they will need to do it by winning at least 3 out of their combined 4 SF fixtures and drawing the other. This is assuming Leverkusen win out and Dortmund get only 1 point out of their SF tie with PSG. Should Dortmund get anything more than that, then it's effectively over.

Pool really fudged 5th for us.

In any case, I am OK with EL, if that's where we end up. It's just that I hate the idea of Villa getting CL.

It’ll have the same impact on them that it has done for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and us in the last couple of seasons. Flash in the pan.

Back