• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

Uefa and fifa have zero creativity. How do we make more money? More games!

Problem is people only have a finite amount of money to spend. Only a finite amount of time to watch football.

The next world cup is going to be a joke. 48 teams. How many games a day in the group stage is that? 4/5. Couldn't watch 3 a day in the last world cup and i was a carer. You're talking 10 hours of football a day.

So people will pick and choose which games they watch. The actual overall viewership will probably not increase by much. So why should sponsors or broadcasters pay more?

Uefa and fifa have zero creativity. How do we make more money? More games!

Problem is people only have a finite amount of money to spend. Only a finite amount of time to watch football.

The next world cup is going to be a joke. 48 teams. How many games a day in the group stage is that? 4/5. Couldn't watch 3 a day in the last world cup and i was a carer. You're talking 10 hours of football a day.

So people will pick and choose which games they watch. The actual overall viewership will probably not increase by much. So why should sponsors or broadcasters pay more?
That's not to mention the fan that wants to attend a tournament...3 countries from Mexico to Canada. Then 2030 upping it to 3 continents.

That's not to mention the fan that wants to attend a tournament...3 countries from Mexico to Canada. Then 2030 upping it to 3 continents.

The 2030 one isn't as bad as it sounds. Apart from the non south american countries that may have to travel there and back. Morocco and spain might be 2 different continents but they're neighbours.

But still stupid/corrupt.

Done just to get saudi a world cup.

The 2030 one isn't as bad as it sounds. Apart from the non south american countries that may have to travel there and back. Morocco and spain might be 2 different continents but they're neighbours.

But still stupid/corrupt.

Done just to get saudi a world cup.
you can see they just look at travel time. not cost for the average punter. Spain to portugal - fine, easy enough. But morrocco you need a flight over. It just all adds up.

Same with Canada, USA mexico, that still some 6-7 hour flights from east to west and south. As long as they base teams in one hub for the fans then ok. But as it moves to Quarters and finals they are flying all over.

Its crazy in my mind. Its nice to spread it around the world. But its getting out of hand.

you can see they just look at travel time. not cost for the average punter. Spain to portugal - fine, easy enough. But morrocco you need a flight over. It just all adds up.

Same with Canada, USA mexico, that still some 6-7 hour flights from east to west and south. As long as they base teams in one hub for the fans then ok. But as it moves to Quarters and finals they are flying all over.

Its crazy in my mind. Its nice to spread it around the world. But its getting out of hand.

Why would you need a flight from spain to Morocco? Ferry is ok. They're planning on building a bridge. Or tunnel. It's 25 miles.

Edit - 14.3 kilometers away.

Last edited:

Makes you appreciate the Qatar WC.

Well, I guess we'll need 4th for CL then. On the up-side, Arsenal aren't going to win Big Cup and Emirates Marketing Project don't have to worry about fixture congestion.
Yep. No way for English points to get above Germany now.

We have to do it ourselves even more now..

I get the financial upside, but we are nowhere near ready to be competing in CL and at the same time top 4 like we were at the peak of our powers.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a season in the Europa League and coming up against some similar level teams where we could really give it a go. Champions League is great just to be playing some of Europes elite, but would be far more excited to be participating in a competition we could actually win IF we take it seriously....

I get the financial upside, but we are nowhere near ready to be competing in CL and at the same time top 4 like we were at the peak of our powers.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a season in the Europa League and coming up against some similar level teams where we could really give it a go. Champions League is great just to be playing some of Europes elite, but would be far more excited to be participating in a competition we could actually win IF we take it seriously....

So would you prefer we were in the championship than the prem? We'd have a great chance at winning that.

So would you prefer we were in the championship than the prem? We'd have a great chance at winning that.
Yes, thats a really good comparison?

The Europa League is very much a reputable competition, one thats bigger than the League Cup which is the only thing we have won in the past 30 years. And you get guaranteed CL qualification. I get it, the CL is more glamorous but the Europa League is still a very good standard overall and could be a great journey if we choose to take it seriously....

I'd rather be in the CL, and think we're more than capable of reaching the quarter finals, but won't mind a season in the EL if that's what it comes down to. It's Europe, it's a good quality competition, and realistically we're more likely to win the EL than the CL.

True that if you’re not in you can’t win. But in terms of development, a season in Europa might be no harm at all.

Europa is thu to sunday. Cl you get more games off between games. It's easier to compete in the prem bing in cl than el. Then it's also an attraction for players. Financially better. Better for the coefficients going forward (which means easier draws). We'd give it 100% so better games.

This europa league talk is the equivalent of "didn't fancy you anyway, you lesbian".

I didn't realise the Europa was also revamped like the CL, so there's more games in that too in the "league" stage.

The biggest positive of the Europa League for me is that it allows more rotation. That's not to say we change our XI for each match, but 2, 3 or 4 players. I think that's super important for the stage we're in, to allow players to really learn the system and also not wear out the main 12 or 13 players.

The biggest positive of the Europa League for me is that it allows more rotation. That's not to say we change our XI for each match, but 2, 3 or 4 players. I think that's super important for the stage we're in, to allow players to really learn the system and also not wear out the main 12 or 13 players.
I agree
Whatever happens now if we end up in it… if we use it correctly we can see the benefit of it
It’s not hurt pool or leverkusen

Back