• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

how well is the thing for 5th going? would be good if that was a safe bet.

We have some tough games coming up. But we have done well against the other top teams. So I have some confidence in that.
I think the next round is important as there are two PL v Bundersliga match ups.

IMO Man United are gonna have to go great guns and us fall off a cliff for us not to achieve it. I'm relaxed on 5th TBH, will be tough to hold 4th IMO but seemingly doesn't matter this season
Does both 4th and 5th entre the CL at the group stage?

(If 5th gets a place)

IMO Man United are gonna have to go great guns and us fall off a cliff for us not to achieve it. I'm relaxed on 5th TBH, will be tough to hold 4th IMO but seemingly doesn't matter this season
Maybe I've misinterpreted your post and to me I'm relaxed on whether we get CL or Europa (I've taken your 'seemingly doesn't matter this season' to mean you think 5th will probably get CL) but from what I've read England is far from being guaranteed the CL spot for 5th at this point....

4th is in our grasp. yes we have City, Liverpool and Scum. But Villa's Run is not that easy.

Remaining Fixtures:

Aston Villa

A - Scum
H - Bournemouth
H - Chelsea
A- Brighton
H - Liverpool
A - Palace

Tottenham Hostpur
A - Saudi Sportswashing Machine
H - Scum
A - Chelsea
A - Liverpool
H - Burnley
A - Sheffield United
H - Emirates Marketing Project ( TBC )

Last edited:
Maybe I've misinterpreted your post and to me I'm relaxed on whether we get CL or Europa (I've taken your 'seemingly doesn't matter this season' to mean you think 5th will probably get CL) but from what I've read England is far from being guaranteed the CL spot for 5th at this point....

I read the other day that West Ham, Arsenal , City and Liverpools recent wins pretty much secure 5th for England's CL place.

I read the other day that West Ham, Arsenal , City and Liverpools recent wins pretty much secure 5th for England's CL place.
Great news if that's the case, I was under the impression the likes of West Ham beating Leverkusen would be required to make it more likely but if we are literally there then brilliant:)...

Sadly we may need the arse to progress (and I suspect that Leverkusen will wipe the floor with West Ham) to boost the coefficient

Sadly we may need the arse to progress (and I suspect that Leverkusen will wipe the floor with West Ham) to boost the coefficient

Some leagues blow each other out in this round though (ohhh er) Roma or AC Milan drop and Liverpool play Atalanta. Unless all English sides drop like a stone we are very strong for it.

I think also we have more clubs than Germany so after the Quarters we should be in front. Then it will be more clear from that point on.

Champions League: ( 2 / 2 )
Scum v Bayern
Athletico Madrid v Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid v Emirates Marketing Project
Barcelona v Paris Saint Germain

UEFA Europa League: ( 2/1)
Leverkusen v Wet Spam
Benfica v Marseille
Liverpool V Atalanta
Ac Milan v Roma

UEFA European Conference ( 1/0 )
Olympiakos v Fenerbache
Viktoria Plezn v Fiorentina
Aston Villa v Lille
Club Brugge v PAOK Salonika

5 v 3. You need to root for the Spam and Scum though. So win win?? and then Villa can do themselves a favor by getting through.

Root for:

Atheletico Madrid
Scum
Wet Spam
Aston Villa
Liverpool

Champions League: ( 2 / 2 )
Scum v Bayern
Athletico Madrid v Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid v Emirates Marketing Project
Barcelona v Paris Saint Germain

UEFA Europa League: ( 2/1)
Leverkusen v Wet Spam
Benfica v Marseille
Liverpool V Atalanta
Ac Milan v Roma

UEFA European Conference ( 1/0 )
Olympiakos v Fenerbache
Viktoria Plezn v Fiorentina
Aston Villa v Lille
Club Brugge v PAOK Salonika

5 v 3. You need to root for the Spam and Scum though. So win win?? and then Villa can do themselves a favor by getting through.

Root for:

Atheletico Madrid
Scum
Wet Spam
Aston Villa
Liverpool

Or get 4th. 5th place misses out. Then the pot is split 4 ways instead of 5. More money.

Or get 4th. 5th place misses out. Then the pot is split 4 ways instead of 5. More money.
4th yes. Totally. But the $$$ does it really get split by Country? I think its still the same for each club in terms of earnings etc.

4th yes. Totally. But the $$$ does it really get split by Country? I think its still the same for each club in terms of earnings etc.

Part does. Obviously each country pays different for tv rights. England pays more than cyprus for instance. But the obviously want to mostly watch english teams play. So a percentage of that is split between the english teams. The rest goes into the pot.

For the group stages the higher you finished in the prem the larger percentage of the tv money you get. Think it was 1st 40%. 2nd 30%. 3rd 20%. 4th 10%.

No idea how it would work with a 5th place.

Not even close. With Liverpool bricking the bed against Atalanta and Spam's pathetic showing against Leverkusen it's going to come down to the wire. Should Arsenal get past Bayern we can breath a little, but it would still likely require City/Arse winning the CL and Villa winning the ECL (or at least getting to the final) for England to pip Germany for the 5th spot.

If Pool, Arse, and Spam all get eliminated, which is looking likely, it's going to be even closer. Might end up being decided in the CL, EL, and ECL finals. The big disappointment is Pool. Had they stayed in, 5th would have been more of a lock.

Not even close. With Liverpool bricking the bed against Atalanta and Spam's pathetic showing against Leverkusen it's going to come down to the wire. Should Arsenal get past Bayern we can breath a little, but it would still likely require City/Arse winning the CL and Villa winning the ECL (or at least getting to the final) for England to pip Germany for the 5th spot.

If Pool, Arse, and Spam all get eliminated, which is looking likely, it's going to be even closer. Might end up being decided in the CL, EL, and ECL finals. The big disappointment is Pool. Had they stayed in, 5th would have been more of a lock.
fudge that!

Get 4th, if not then we live by whatever the gods serve us, but fudge wanting any other English team to win, let alone those C’s!

fudge that!

Get 4th, if not then we live by whatever the gods serve us, but fudge wanting any other English team to win, let alone those C’s!
I'm with you there, brother. The ideal scenario would be for us to get 4th and Germany getting the 5th CL spot, which would relegate Villa to the EL. That will put a screeching halt to whatever momentum they have, which I wouldn't mind at all.

Back