• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Burgers

Big Macs never look like the pictures when you actually buy one

mcdonalds01.jpg

I know that Armenia is erm... not ...er... not really as ... er ... well what I mean is....

How is it that people are saying McDonald's make good burgers?

The meat is awful, flat, tasteless cardboard.

I know because on occasion I am out on a limb and I eat one, but they are really awful burgers, just terrible.

I rarely make homemade burgers

Mainly because, I agree with ArcspacE, you can't make a really decent tasting burger without grilling it over serious heat, or on a hot plate (like most restaurants)

The frying pan doesn't work well at all IMO

Some of the Man vs Food burgers look amazing.

The ones they do on the hot plate, and then they use a bowl to cover it up and let it steam

:p

Get one of those small barrel BBQs you can use on the beach. Perfect. Also get a jug for the coal to burn. Get some hickory smoked pellets too. Love making homemade burgers, specifically because when you make it you put as much cheese in the middle of it as you want. Honestly its worth it.

http://www.planetbarbecue.co.uk/shopwoodchips.html

barrelcharcoalbbq_large.jpg

I went onto Ebay and got myself a small square table that comes up to my hip to put the small BBQ on. Tiled the top with left over tiles. Jobs a goodunn

Last edited:
The McDonalds in Egypt is amazing. They got all sorts - a big mac but instead of beef its mchickens. Amazing.

Apparently the beef they use whilst they say is 100% beef it actually isnt. Apparently its the company they source from that is called 100% beef or something like that

The McDonalds in Egypt is amazing. They got all sorts - a big mac but instead of beef its mchickens. Amazing.

Apparently the beef they use whilst they say is 100% beef it actually isnt. Apparently its the company they source from that is called 100% beef or something like that

according to their website

Beef :
100% Pure Beef. No additives, fillers, binders, preservatives or flavour enhancers. Just pure forequarter and flank. A little salt and pepper is added to season after cooking.

i quite like em actually, considering they are only 70p you don't expect to much

according to their website

Beef :
100% Pure Beef. No additives, fillers, binders, preservatives or flavour enhancers. Just pure forequarter and flank. A little salt and pepper is added to season after cooking.

i quite like em actually, considering they are only 70p you don't expect to much

I like em - maybe too much haha - the thing is for a very quick snack whilst out - you cant go wrong for 1.49 for a double burger with cheese. or 1 pound for a mayo chicken.

The Big Tasty with bacon is a decent fast food burger tbf

Also, a double cheeseburger for 1.50 has gotta be the most filling option at a train station by some distance nowadays

The Big Tasty with bacon is a decent fast food burger tbf

Also, a double cheeseburger for 1.50 has gotta be the most filling option at a train station by some distance nowadays

I paid £4.00 or so for a pasty at Victoria station on Wednesday. Barely as filling as a double cheeseburger or even x2 and youre still saving a pound.

I remember when double cheeseburger cam out they were 89p.. now they are heading towards what a qtr pounder with cheese used to cost

anyone else remember Casey Jones? i'm sure their burgers used to be bigger than my head, might just be because I was small

I strongly recommend home-made patties

300g Lean Beef Mince 75% and 25% mutton or pork mince (makes 2-3 large patties)
Black Pepper
1 egg
Salt
20g Baking Soda
Dash of lemon juice
Finely chopped red onion
Finely chopped green pepper
Pinch of garlic to taste

Mix well in a bowl with your hands - leave in fridge overnight.

Ideally should be done on the coals/fire/grill. Throw the bread buns on the grill for 30 seconds on each side to give them a slight crisp. Add lettuce, fresh basil, tomato, few onion rings, blue cheese and a dash of tobasco. Serve with side salad or fries (the slightly less healthy option

Good call Arcy

I was about to write something similar but I won't bore people with individual recipes.

The only thing I occasionally add to mine is crumbled blue cheese and some herbs. The blue cheese (stilton will do) gets in amongst the beef and tastes amazing. Don't overcook the burgers though, they become too dry.

Went to Honest Burger in Soho last week. Really simple menu, which is annnoying as would have liked a few extra sides, but the meat was by some way the best I've had in a burger in London - they get it from the ginger pig butcher. Chips were also absolutely perfect. Lemonade was delicious as well.

I strongly recommend home-made patties

300g Lean Beef Mince 75% and 25% mutton or pork mince (makes 2-3 large patties)
Black Pepper
1 egg
Salt
20g Baking Soda
Dash of lemon juice
Finely chopped red onion
Finely chopped green pepper
Pinch of garlic to taste

Mix well in a bowl with your hands - leave in fridge overnight.

Ideally should be done on the coals/fire/grill. Throw the bread buns on the grill for 30 seconds on each side to give them a slight crisp. Add lettuce, fresh basil, tomato, few onion rings, blue cheese and a dash of tobasco. Serve with side salad or fries (the slightly less healthy option

i always have homemade burgers.

The above recipe is almost what I use, except:

- I don't use Baling Soda . What does that do Arcy.
- I use green chilli pepper
- I use fresh crushed garlic.

Beetroot relish, garlic butter, avocado, pickles, Suisse cheese, Waygu beef, chili paste. Winning.

The is a place in london we went to it is next to the theatre where one man two guvnors is on and they did great burgers is called Bryon's they do a lovely milkshake as well.

Back