• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Burgers

I strongly recommend home-made patties

300g Lean Beef Mince 75% and 25% mutton or pork mince (makes 2-3 large patties)
Black Pepper
1 egg
Salt
20g Baking Soda
Dash of lemon juice
Finely chopped red onion
Finely chopped green pepper
Pinch of garlic to taste

Mix well in a bowl with your hands - leave in fridge overnight.

Ideally should be done on the coals/fire/grill. Throw the bread buns on the grill for 30 seconds on each side to give them a slight crisp. Add lettuce, fresh basil, tomato, few onion rings, blue cheese and a dash of tobasco. Serve with side salad or fries (the slightly less healthy option

Sounds like Eddie Murphy in Raw when his mum makes him a burger thats "better than Mcdonalds????"

Anyone going to Washington, visit a Five Guys establishment. All freshly made to order and possibly the best burger I have ever had!

The massive burger they do in TGI Fridays... Cant remember what its called but its the best biggest and best Ive had so far

The Devastator at Red Dog Saloon in Hoxton is one of my favorites.

Also, the Arch Burger at The Diner, lovely stuff.

Anyone going to Washington, visit a Five Guys establishment. All freshly made to order and possibly the best burger I have ever had!

[video=youtube;zGkHRa64sDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkHRa64sDY[/video]

[video=youtube;DcJFdCmN98s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s[/video]

When making burgers on the BBQ I like to put two burgers together and stick cheese in the middle so it melts in the middle of two and they form together to make a beastly burger. Thank you Man vs. Food.

I rarely make homemade burgers

Mainly because, I agree with ArcspacE, you can't make a really decent tasting burger without grilling it over serious heat, or on a hot plate (like most restaurants)

The frying pan doesn't work well at all IMO

Some of the Man vs Food burgers look amazing.

The ones they do on the hot plate, and then they use a bowl to cover it up and let it steam

:p

ive actually eaten genuine Horse burgers whilst in Europe somewhere, Ljubljana i think - can't say i would have noticed though if i didn't know what it was that i was eating.

Southstand - how much are the burgers in this Burger and Lobster gaff in Mayfair?

Can't remember. It's very rare that I have to pay for my own food in London :)

I doubt they'd be that expensive. It's only a burger, even if it is a fudging good one

20 quid at burger and lobster. Think the lobster is better value and subsidises the burger.
I'd go to meat liquor which is pure heaven. What really makes the place is the sides though. Insane chilli cheese fries, my fav hot chicken wings and fried pickle with blue cheese dip.
Hache burgers in London are also incredible. They have one burger with peanut butter and cheese. YUM!

Was in borough market the other day and picked up some Zebra, Camel, Springbok and Kangaroo burgers to try this weekend.

^ yes, been to Meat Liquor, only the once - had the green chilli burger, which was great and split a couple of sides between the 3 of us that went - ****tail was great as well, Rum Grog i think it was called.

think the Mexican Burger i had a Honest Burgers just edged it though.

not really a fan of Lobster tbh - quite tasteless imv. will check this place out though if the burgers are meant to be that good

In no particular order;

Big Mac
bigmac.jpg

Zinger Tower
product-fillet-tower.jpg

Dead Hippie (Meat Liquor)
Dead+Hippie.jpg

Double Double Animal Style from In 'n' Out
tumblr_lx55lvMkGE1qhx56go1_500.jpg

Back