• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Burgers

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
What's your favourite burger?

Mine is Burger & Lobster

I also like BKs bacon double with cheese, at the more economy end of the scale

How do you like yours cooked?

From now on I will order mine Good to Firm

Personally, i find it hard to fault the double cheeseburger at mcdonalds or the big king at burger king. TGI fridays do a good one.

A good burger is hard to find in the UK so i do it myself, much better.

When I heard on the news this morning that they have found horsemeat in Tesco burgers, I checked mine immediately.
And they're off.

We shouldn't joke really, as some poor bloke has eaten one and has been admitted to hospital.
He's still very unwell but his condition is stable.

I strongly recommend home-made patties

300g Lean Beef Mince 75% and 25% mutton or pork mince (makes 2-3 large patties)
Black Pepper
1 egg
Salt
20g Baking Soda
Dash of lemon juice
Finely chopped red onion
Finely chopped green pepper
Pinch of garlic to taste

Mix well in a bowl with your hands - leave in fridge overnight.

Ideally should be done on the coals/fire/grill. Throw the bread buns on the grill for 30 seconds on each side to give them a slight crisp. Add lettuce, fresh basil, tomato, few onion rings, blue cheese and a dash of tobasco. Serve with side salad or fries (the slightly less healthy option

I found some of the affected batch in my fridge. I tried to take them back to Tesco, but they refused to accept them.

Guess I'm saddled with them now.*

*Courtesy of Flannerz on Twitter that one :)

They are not very nutricious either as whilst they are low in fat, they are very high in shergar.

I strongly recommend home-made patties

300g Lean Beef Mince 75% and 25% mutton or pork mince (makes 2-3 large patties)
Black Pepper
1 egg
Salt
20g Baking Soda
Dash of lemon juice
Finely chopped red onion
Finely chopped green pepper
Pinch of garlic to taste

Mix well in a bowl with your hands - leave in fridge overnight.

Ideally should be done on the coals/fire/grill. Throw the bread buns on the grill for 30 seconds on each side to give them a slight crisp. Add lettuce, fresh basil, tomato, few onion rings, blue cheese and a dash of tobasco. Serve with side salad or fries (the slightly less healthy option

Personally I like to just use seasoned lean mince beef for the patties and then get the addition flavours from the other stuff you use to build the burger: mayonnaise and mustard* on the bread, which needs to be a decent roll; bacon, cheese and mushrooms; lettuce, tomatoes, gherkin, those hot green peppers that come with kebabs, thinly sliced red onion rings and other salad stuff. I don't use everything every time.

* Or horseradish for a change.

Last edited:
Home made BEEF burgers with blue cheese, bacon, home made bbq sauce and lots of onion and lettuce.

It funny that people buy something to make hamburgers and complain when it isn't made of beef.

Back