• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Should send him to everton to replace gordon. More time in spain now wont do his development any good
The no buy option makes me think that's in case we have a new manager, I don't think Conte rates him and totally agree a prem loan is the only way for him to demonstrate he can cut it in this league.

Should send him to everton to replace gordon. More time in spain now wont do his development any good
I don't think he would get in the Everton team. Doesn't look like the sort of player at all for a relegation battle.

My guess here is that we are loaning him to Spain as that is the most likely market that we'll be able to sell him to in the next 6 to 18 months. I suspect the manager and coaches at Spurs now realise he is unlikely to make it in the PL so are hoping he can have a good loan in Spain and we can perhaps get £15 to £20m back on him to put towards a player suited to our league and team.

I don't think he would get in the Everton team. Doesn't look like the sort of player at all for a relegation battle.

My guess here is that we are loaning him to Spain as that is the most likely market that we'll be able to sell him to in the next 6 to 18 months. I suspect the manager and coaches at Spurs now realise he is unlikely to make it in the PL so are hoping he can have a good loan in Spain and we can perhaps get £15 to £20m back on him to put towards a player suited to our league and team.

Think we're keeping our options open. Reports that there's no buy option (unlike GLC, Ndombele etc).

Think he can do well in the PL, but perhaps not under Conte?

Bit surprising that we're looking to complete this loan with only Danjuma in so far. Gil was just starting to look useful.

Think we're keeping our options open. Reports that there's no buy option (unlike GLC, Ndombele etc).

Think he can do well in the PL, but perhaps not under Conte?

Bit surprising that we're looking to complete this loan with only Danjuma in so far. Gil was just starting to look useful.
No buy option as at present his value would be very low. I suspect that the club believe that 6 to 18 months playing well in Spain would likely to increase his value back to the Spanish market. I think he would be moving to a club in England if we wanted to keep him, I suspect the problem here is that there wouldn't be many English clubs where he would get a great deal of games and there is therefore the risk that his value would reduce even further in this scenario.

No buy option as at present his value would be very low. I suspect that the club believe that 6 to 18 months playing well in Spain would likely to increase his value back to the Spanish market. I think he would be moving to a club in England if we wanted to keep him, I suspect the problem here is that there wouldn't be many English clubs where he would get a great deal of games and there is therefore the risk that his value would reduce even further in this scenario.

I'm not sure, sounds logical but what I suspect is

- Conte wasn't going to let him go without an incoming attacking option (initially Zaniolo, eventually Danjuma)
- Gil was always going to be a last minute decision
- Spanish clubs know him, are willing to take him on a moments notice, PL clubs probably would have taken more time and if we were asking for playing time for him, they probably would have wanted a commitment from us to hand him over earlier.

This one to me is on Conte, he's not willing to develop the player, not willing to give him game time (he got less time than Danjuma in Preston game), yet not willing to let him go on loan early. Suspect he's going to do exactly the same move with Spence (if Porro comes in, Spence gets loan)

I'm not sure, sounds logical but what I suspect is

- Conte wasn't going to let him go without an incoming attacking option (initially Zaniolo, eventually Danjuma)
- Gil was always going to be a last minute decision
- Spanish clubs know him, are willing to take him on a moments notice, PL clubs probably would have taken more time and if we were asking for playing time for him, they probably would have wanted a commitment from us to hand him over earlier.

This one to me is on Conte, he's not willing to develop the player, not willing to give him game time (he got less time than Danjuma in Preston game), yet not willing to let him go on loan early. Suspect he's going to do exactly the same move with Spence (if Porro comes in, Spence gets loan)
I thought it was obvious within a couple of minutes that Danjuma is a far better player than Gill.

Conte is absolutely right in not letting Gill go until we had somebody else in that doesn't mean that Gill is good enough, just that we lack options due to having a paucity of talent as back up. I suspect that it may have actually Moura coming back and playing last week, just as much as Danjuma coming in that has led Conte to now be able to let Gill go out on loan. I Also suspect that we would happily sell him but that any offers for him are likely to be lower than his net book value at present.

Broken logic:
We loan one player in from Spain, and loan one of our players out to Spain. Is Spain not good enough only in one direction?

Broken logic:
We loan one player in from Spain, and loan one of our players out to Spain. Is Spain not good enough only in one direction?

The logic is that Gil needs to play; Danjuma wanted to leave as doesnt seem their new manager wanted him or his type of player as much as the last guy.

Broken logic:

We are developing gil. Whether that is to play for us or to flip (hopefully for a profit) is yet to be seen. Danjuma is to help us with our short term goals.

I don't see it as broken logic. Porro would be the same with spence loaned out.

You could even put perisic and udogie in the same thought process.

The logic is that Gil needs to play; Danjuma wanted to leave as doesnt seem their new manager wanted him or his type of player as much as the last guy.
We are developing gil. Whether that is to play for us or to flip (hopefully for a profit) is yet to be seen. Danjuma is to help us with our short term goals.

I don't see it as broken logic. Porro would be the same with spence loaned out.

You could even put perisic and udogie in the same thought process.
That's what I'm saying, I agree with you guys. Just because Gil is going back to play in Spain doesn't mean his development will stall. The guy needs to be playing games week in, week out. Sure, a PL loan would've been the ideal situation but I think this is good for Gil, just as I think it's good to bring Danjuma in, who despite being from La Liga, doesn't mean he's garbage.

Playing for Spurs, on the other hand... :D

Back