• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Eriksen scored 1 in 4. That's good enough for a distributor in my book. Lamela scored 1 in 10, and people miss him.

The difference being Eriksen played in a team that had Dele, Son and Kane all scoring double figures on a regular basis.

The difference being Eriksen played in a team that had Dele, Son and Kane all scoring double figures on a regular basis.
Eriksen and especially Dele had a near telepathic understanding at times. When I was younger I saw tap-ins as boring. Now I love them as they more often than not are a result of good team play. Good team play is repeatable, unfortunately so is bad team play, lack of movement and dependancy upon individual brilliance.

So much of the time our team plays balls into feet, not into space, it is why we are so static, so sterile and at times, frankly, dull as ditchwater.
And backwards or unpressured onto heavily marked players. Too often called "solid". Drives your passing stats up though.

There is one of Spurs media teams videos, might be Harry's first 100 goals or something like that.

You will be very surprised how many Lamela was involved in, either pass before assist, pulling the defender, or on the follow up just in case Kane didn't finish.

Very good player, just made of glass and not managed correctly.

He never fitted in here, mentally or tactically, we should have moved him on quicker. Hampered us and his own career.

He never fitted in here, mentally or tactically, we should have moved him on quicker. Hampered us and his own career.

Lamela? He was a functional part of our good early Poch teams before Son came in - i always thought he got a hard time off some because he was a frustrating player, would often miscontrol or lose possession but he also made things happen, not as much as the likes of Dele Eriksen or Son but had he been more consistent with being available i think he would have been good enough as the 1st attacking option off the bench. Tactically speaking when brought off the bench he was often a great outlet when seeing a game out or chasing one.

Lamela? He was a functional part of our good early Poch teams before Son came in - i always thought he got a hard time off some because he was a frustrating player, would often miscontrol or lose possession but he also made things happen, not as much as the likes of Dele Eriksen or Son but had he been more consistent with being available i think he would have been good enough as the 1st attacking option off the bench. Tactically speaking when brought off the bench he was often a great outlet when seeing a game out or chasing one.

I think the hype and price tag clouded a lot peoples early perceptions of him.
His hard work, hard running and willingness to do the dirtier side of things blinded people to his ability.
Once poch settled in and had the team playing his way though i felt lamela was marginalised, his injuries didn't help, his style didn't fit as well.
He was good as a sub when we needed to change things and he did a lot of good work under the surface as it where that went largely unnoticed.
Love the guy, he always played as if he was one of us, but i think he could have had a very good career somewhere else and we could have invested the money for someone who was a better fit.
Right guy, wrong time, would have been a hero under harry or bmj.

I think the hype and price tag clouded a lot peoples early perceptions of him.
His hard work, hard running and willingness to do the dirtier side of things blinded people to his ability.
Once poch settled in and had the team playing his way though i felt lamela was marginalised, his injuries didn't help, his style didn't fit as well.
He was good as a sub when we needed to change things and he did a lot of good work under the surface as it where that went largely unnoticed.
Love the guy, he always played as if he was one of us, but i think he could have had a very good career somewhere else and we could have invested the money for someone who was a better fit.
Right guy, wrong time, would have been a hero under harry or bmj.
He wouldn’t have as he can’t stay fit
The guy can’t play a whole season

Shame he was zoolander
And where is his droid now spurs7891
Surely that guy was his dad

Apparently we're also two over the non-HG limit if Porro arrives, so presumably one of Gil/Moura needs to leave and I guess maybe Doherty or Royal?

I've not checked the numbers to understand whether we are indeed two over

We could certainly cope without one of Moura or Gil, and probably one of Royal or Doherty too in addition to Spence leaving on loan:
- as a 3rd choice RWB you have Kulu, maybe Tanganga or Perisic
- 3rd choice LWB you go to Davies or if its Royal that's left, Doherty moves across

Apparently we're also two over the non-HG limit if Porro arrives, so presumably one of Gil/Moura needs to leave and I guess maybe Doherty or Royal?

Somewhere will work it out
Chelsea aren’t though…. weird hey

We could certainly cope without one of Moura or Gil, and probably one of Royal or Doherty too in addition to Spence leaving on loan:
- as a 3rd choice RWB you have Kulu, maybe Tanganga or Perisic
- 3rd choice LWB you go to Davies or if its Royal that's left, Doherty moves across
Actually I think it’s the other way around. We’re currently 2 under the limit at least for the premier league rules, not sure about Europe though. You’re allowed a max of 17 non-HG. By my count we have 15:

1. Lloris
  2. Royal
  3. Romero
  4. Sanchez
  5. Dier
  6. Lenglet
  7. Perisic
  8. Bentancur
  9. PEH
  10. Bissouma
  11. Son
  12. Kulusevski
  13. Richarlison
  14. Moura
  15. Danjuma
Gil and Sarr don’t count as they’re under 21. There’s still space for Porro and another. At the beginning of the season I’m pretty sure we didn’t register a full 25 man squad

Actually I think it’s the other way around. We’re currently 2 under the limit at least for the premier league rules, not sure about Europe though. You’re allowed a max of 17 non-HG. By my count we have 15:

1. Lloris
  2. Royal
  3. Romero
  4. Sanchez
  5. Dier
  6. Lenglet
  7. Perisic
  8. Bentancur
  9. PEH
  10. Bissouma
  11. Son
  12. Kulusevski
  13. Richarlison
  14. Moura
  15. Danjuma
Gil and Sarr don’t count as they’re under 21. There’s still space for Porro and another. At the beginning of the season I’m pretty sure we didn’t register a full 25 man squad

Tbf are we really going to get too many games in europe this season? I hope we do, but even winning it will be 7 games.

Edit - are sarr and gil definitely on the b list? Also you forgot davies and doherty.

Haven't they changed the rule so that Welsh players are considered HG? So just Doherty to add to his list

Back