• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Did anyone else notice the key difference in our forward play between the first and second halves? In the first half , the forwards seemed chained to their starting positions - Son on the left, Gil on the right, Kane central and up top. In the second half they swapped and interchanges so much better and we looked much more fluid as a result.

Would love to see heat maps of each player for both halves to prove my point.
It looked to me as though we had more players wanting the ball after we scored the first goal. It then seemed to markedly increase again when we scored the second goal. At 0-0 there seemed to be a lot less movement off the ball. I think our team is playing with low confidence at the moment and the first goal and then 2 goal lead saw this flow back into the team.

It looked to me as though we had more players wanting the ball after we scored the first goal. It then seemed to markedly increase again when we scored the second goal. At 0-0 there seemed to be a lot less movement off the ball. I think our team is playing with low confidence at the moment and the first goal and then 2 goal lead saw this flow back into the team.
Which is natural
I’ve watched the highlights back and motd and both show the way Gil moved their defence around and he linked in with Kane in the second half
He almost shadowed him and it created space
The movement improvement came from front foot play again

In some other sports they also use additional "help" to build bulk. To be honest I don't know if he needs to bulk up per se. There have been loads of lighter players, he does need to play and get use the physical interactions and then his superior skill and quick feet will see him through.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
He doesn't look any lighter to me than Manure's Weasel Fernandes. Although Weasel is about 4cm taller, so probably a bit heavier too. Still, I do not see what difference a couple of extra kilos would make. I would think it's all about strength, particularly core and leg strength, and not bulk.

Really like him. Not just the talent he visibly has (reminds me of David Silva style wise?), but despite being on the bench as an unused sub whenever he does come on for his few minutes here and there he is always enthusiastic and keen to impress and looks genuinely delighted when we score and celebrates with his teammates. I think his attitude will result in him making it as a PL player as much as anything. Of course it will be a gradual process but I’m looking forward to seeing him develop…..

Really like him. Not just the talent he visibly has (reminds me of David Silva style wise?), but despite being on the bench as an unused sub whenever he does come on for his few minutes here and there he is always enthusiastic and keen to impress and looks genuinely delighted when we score and celebrates with his teammates. I think his attitude will result in him making it as a PL player as much as anything. Of course it will be a gradual process but I’m looking forward to seeing him develop…..

He's an extremely talented prospect. I lived in Spain, he's very highly regarded (and they have lots of small skillful players) and there is a lot of hope for him.

He's extremely fit, he has vision, he always makes runs, makes himself available, looks like there is a real football brain there.

And importantly, he's different to what we have and what most teams see day in, day out in the PL.

I thought we moved the ball quicker last night but it wasnt coming off in first half, in the second our forwards were swapping around more with confidence and the passing improved because of that.

Exactly this. Which begs the question why we didn't do it in the first half? Or indeed in other games?

I suspect it is because Conte wants us to play in a very rigid way which brooks no room for individuality. Hence why we look so poor going forward, especially in first halves. Things only get better once we start chasing a game.

Exactly this. Which begs the question why we didn't do it in the first half? Or indeed in other games?

I suspect it is because Conte wants us to play in a very rigid way which brooks no room for individuality. Hence why we look so poor going forward, especially in first halves. Things only get better once we start chasing a game.
We moved the ball quicker at the start than we had been and looked decent. Then we gradually lost control of the game, couldn't retain the ball to and returned to what we had seen in the last few games.

It’s timing, luck and the opposition that all come into pay
Palace were passive yesterday and we looked alright
They then pushed on and we struggled
The goal came very close to half time and I’ll say that palace hadn’t got going again
Then they were chasing and we are masters of counter attacking so it was game over

It’s timing, luck and the opposition that all come into pay
Palace were passive yesterday and we looked alright
They then pushed on and we struggled
The goal came very close to half time and I’ll say that palace hadn’t got going again
Then they were chasing and we are masters of counter attacking so it was game over

Don't disagree but the point I was making was that we need more movement from the get go in games. Conte's set up in first halves is far too rigid and doesn't allow players freedom to swop positions, Kane to drop deeper, Son to go central , Kulu/ Gil to come in from the wing. It makes us all so predictable.

Don't disagree but the point I was making was that we need more movement from the get go in games. Conte's set up in first halves is far too rigid and doesn't allow players freedom to swop positions, Kane to drop deeper, Son to go central , Kulu/ Gil to come in from the wing. It makes us all so predictable.
He needs fit players who get his system to do that and also a midfield that can pass

I rate Gil, but wonder whether he'll get enough game time to develop here. I could see us selling him permanently, but would prefer a loan

“I called Bryan directly…”
An unsolicited admission of tapping up should be pretty easy to punish.

It's only illegal tapping up if we didn't permit it. If we hadn't given permission I doubt it would be in the press.

I think Gil may very well have a very bright future and thus reluctant to see us selling him. But would assume we could get enough money for him to bring in someone who would also have good potential and perhaps also be more suited to what we need in the short term.

Could be a good deal, though could end up looking really bad in hindsight.

I rate Gil, but wonder whether he'll get enough game time to develop here. I could see us selling him permanently, but would prefer a loan

Would prefer a loan in isolation talking about him, because I think he has real quality and potential.

But a loan wouldn't bring in a lot of money to buy a replacement. Perhaps better if we can do a sale and get in a suitable replacement/upgrade?

That would be my concern as well, and i am not sure if he is a bit lightweight to become a regular for us. Talented though.

In the summer Conte was adamant that if one went, one had to come in.

Now unless we are hopeful Lucas can be reliable, Danjuma is in to take his place.

So Gil stays unless he's being replaced going by past Conte comments?

Back