• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bombs go off at Boston Marathon Finish Line. . .

Also, there's the small matter of many 'unbelievable' conspiracy theories turning out to be true.

I can't even be bothered to explain why attacks in the Middle East and other such areas aren't as susceptible to conspiracy theories. The answers are very easy to find if one is willing to spend time gaining knowledge on these subjects.

WTF is wrong with people?! What happened to "lets all get along in a peacefull manner"?

Seriously; the world is fudged up sometimes. This brick makes me so angry.

I just wanted to speak about this because it upset me personally.
Patriot's Day in Massachusetts is a big deal. Obviously, there's the marathon, in addition to revolutionary war re-enactments at Lexington and Concord. I went to Boston University for undergrad and the marathon was quite possibly one of the best holidays of the year. Many people are off work/school and partake in the festivities of the day. People are lined up along the marathon route cheering the runners as they go by or grilling and drinking on rooftops of apartments overlooking the marathon. I've been a spectator around 5-6 times and I really hold this event close to my heart.

Fortunately for me, I'm pretty sure none of my friends that still reside there were injured or affected by the explosions. All I can say is that I hope the authorities working on this find whoever committed this act.

I've never run the marathon. I'd probably make it to mile 5 and call it quits. But for the determined few that train half a year for this event, and to reach the finish line when this catastrophe occurs... well, I can't describe how that would affect me. But for the runners that crossed the finish line and turned around to give aid in whatever way they could... there's no training for that. For all the bad in the world, there are those few that restore my faith in humankind. Honestly, I can't really say anymore that hasn't been said already. It's been rather surreal and I'm still having trouble convincing myself that this actually happened and wasn't just a bad dream.

Also, as a quick aside, please lay off the conspiracy theories, especially when there's absolutely no information available. There's always going to be coincidences, correlation does not imply causation, etc. etc. I really think you're doing more harm than good, and it's rather disrespectful to those that were affected by this tragedy.

Last edited:
(And of course, not sure if serious...)

The psychology of conspiracy theories is quiet interesting, at least I think so.

One of the better theories (I think) connects it to people having a need to feel that the world is ordered and predictable, not random and chaotic. If all these events are planned by some conspirators to execute their mastermind long term plan to maintain control of human beings it might be alarming, but at least there is an order to things. If individuals or smaller groups of individuals can cause things like the terrorist attacks and assassinations we've sen then the world is essentially chaotic and that might instinctively be even more alarming.

Peddling conspiracy theories seems to be a somewhat common way of making a living, you only have to search amazon quickly to realize that it's a pretty big market and a market where you don't exactly need massive credentials to get attention. Surely there are true believers out there trying to spread conspiracy theory thinking with the best of intentions, but I think there are also people who are just happy to make a profit off the gullible true believers.

Indeed, yes, interesting to study the mind of the conspiracy theorist. It's essentially an existential solution to the problem of existence. A faith replacement. An attempt to create order to the world from the chaos. An order and understanding that can only be understood by the enlightened. The believer separates himself above the blind and comatosed for he is able to see the esoteric pattern that reveals the truth in a world of lies.

But like all faiths, the real money and power lies with the imams and bishops.

Also, as a quick aside, please lay off the conspiracy theories, especially when there's absolutely no information available. There's always going to be coincidences, correlation does not imply causation, etc. etc. I really think you're doing more harm than good, and it's rather disrespectful to those that were affected by this tragedy.

Why's it disrespectful? It's not like anyone's blaming the victims themselves. There'll always be speculation of all sorts when something like this happens. There'll be speculation going on all day. In Asia, Europe, the UK, Africa, The America's and indeed in Boston its very self. It's only natural to speculate as to who commited thse horrible ats.

That aside, I really hope you're friends are well over there and that if they were at the marathon they were well away from when it happened.

Indeed, yes, interesting to study the mind of the conspiracy theorist. It's essentially an existential solution to the problem of existence. A faith replacement. An attempt to create order to the world from the chaos. An order and understanding that can only be understood by the enlightened. The believer separates himself above the blind and comatosed for he is able to see the esoteric pattern that reveals the truth in a world of lies.

But like all faiths, the real money and power lies with the imams and bishops.

The power and money doesn't have to lie with the bishops and imams as you put it. Most of the information you find about such theories are free to read on line. It's not like we're making donations or anything in order to hear about it.

And if you look at Operation Northwoods where they planned to gun down many civilians in order to find an excuse to go to war with Cuba I think it's quite justified to speculate considering past history. The fact is governments can do this and they can hide this. As can any orginisation with power. Because they have the power they have the power to hide things like this.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that almost 24 hours after the blasts occurred there are still mixed messages coming out from various sources...
-- A law enforcement official said the only devices recovered are the two that blew up, and no unexploded devices have been found. This account differs from others. The official said investigators have not determined how the two bombs were detonated. The official did not know whether the bombs contained ball bearings or other shrapnel.
-- One unexploded device was found at a hotel on Boylston Street near the bomb site and another unexploded device was found at an undisclosed location, said Rep. Bill Keating, D-Massachusetts. Keating, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, called Monday's incident a "sophisticated, coordinated, planned attack."

Not hinting at a conspiracy per se, but there does seem to be concerted effort to control the information coming out to the public.

I find it interesting that almost 24 hours after the blasts occurred there are still mixed messages coming out from various sources...
-- A law enforcement official said the only devices recovered are the two that blew up, and no unexploded devices have been found. This account differs from others. The official said investigators have not determined how the two bombs were detonated. The official did not know whether the bombs contained ball bearings or other shrapnel.
-- One unexploded device was found at a hotel on Boylston Street near the bomb site and another unexploded device was found at an undisclosed location, said Rep. Bill Keating, D-Massachusetts. Keating, a member of the House Homeland Security Committee, called Monday's incident a "sophisticated, coordinated, planned attack."

Not hinting at a conspiracy per se, but there does seem to be concerted effort to control the information coming out to the public.

Obama making staement now on BBC.

My heart goes out to all those affected by this tragic day. Its yet one more place where we will no longer feel safe... Altho I must admit I am suprised a huge public event hasnt been targeted earlier.

I just wanted to speak about this because it upset me personally.
Patriot's Day in Massachusetts is a big deal. Obviously, there's the marathon, in addition to revolutionary war re-enactments at Lexington and Concord. I went to Boston University for undergrad and the marathon was quite possibly one of the best holidays of the year. Many people are off work/school and partake in the festivities of the day. People are lined up along the marathon route cheering the runners as they go by or grilling and drinking on rooftops of apartments overlooking the marathon. I've been a spectator around 5-6 times and I really hold this event close to my heart.

Fortunately for me, I'm pretty sure none of my friends that still reside there were injured or affected by the explosions. All I can say is that I hope the authorities working on this find whoever committed this act.

I've never run the marathon. I'd probably make it to mile 5 and call it quits. But for the determined few that train half a year for this event, and to reach the finish line when this catastrophe occurs... well, I can't describe how that would affect me. But for the runners that crossed the finish line and turned around to give aid in whatever way they could... there's no training for that. For all the bad in the world, there are those few that restore my faith in humankind. Honestly, I can't really say anymore that hasn't been said already. It's been rather surreal and I'm still having trouble convincing myself that this actually happened and wasn't just a bad dream.

Great post sir.

My son went to Harvard Uni, not too far from Boston.
He now works for a law firm in Boston.
He was running today. Fortunately, he had already finished before this tragic event.
Me & the wife were a wreak before we found out that he and his young family were OK.

I don't know what to say. I think we live in in a VERY sick world.

Great post sir.

My son went to Harvard Uni, not too far from Boston.
He now works for a law firm in Boston.
He was running today. Fortunately, he had already finished before this tragic event.
Me & the wife were a wreak before we found out that he and his young family were OK.

I don't know what to say. I think we live in in a VERY sick world.

Glad they're okay mate.

Last edited:
Also, there's the small matter of many 'unbelievable' conspiracy theories turning out to be true.

I can't even be bothered to explain why attacks in the Middle East and other such areas aren't as susceptible to conspiracy theories. The answers are very easy to find if one is willing to spend time gaining knowledge on these subjects.

But most do not, certainly so called massive government cover ups of things they instigate. Way too much media focus and information out there now for governments to pull crazy brick on their own doorstep.

But most do not, certainly so called massive government cover ups of things they instigate. Way too much media focus and information out there now for governments to pull crazy brick on their own doorstep.

But some do. That was the only point I was trying to make. History, including recent times, has shown that.

Lastly, I am not a conspiracy theorist but I ask questions. It's that simple. It's great for my mind, body and soul to not blindly follow what mainstream media of all types tries to feed us.

But some do. That was the only point I was trying to make. History, including recent times, has shown that.

Lastly, I am not a conspiracy theorist but I ask questions. It's that simple. It's great for my mind, body and soul to not blindly follow what mainstream media of all types tries to feed us.

Hey, you got an example?

Hey, you got an example?

Plenty. The internet is a wonderful tool for seaching through sites with valid sources. Try it! Unless of course, it's a conspiracy by the internet to conspire with the conspiracy theorists 8-[

There is one which hasn't been 'proven' to such an extent but always makes me laugh. That there wasn't a conspiracy to kill JFK and it was the act of a lone gunman, Oswald. As detailed by the Warren Commision. However, to believe that means you would have to believe in the Magic Bullet Theory and believe that by pure coincedence, countless witnesses at the scene of the shooting ALL died before being able to give evidence. Maybe we should set up a different thread for this discussion should you wish to pursue it, I noticed earlier a request not to discuss conspiracies here. I agree with the sentiment on an empathetic level even though I disagree with the request on a public forum.

To bring this back to topic. I am finding it puzzling that no group has come forward yet to claim responsibility, it makes me question whether this attack was conducted by a loner/small group rather than an affiliated terrorist organisation?

It's great to see so many of my American friends vowing to either run the race or attend it next year. Whilst we live in a world full of ugliness and hate, there is nothing greater than the human spirit to love and overcome.

Ma

The psychology of conspiracy theories is quiet interesting, at least I think so.

Do you genuinely believe in your world / life / modern history there have never been any cover-ups and that everything is the way is being portrayed by mainstream government controlled media?

Do you genuinely believe in your world / life / modern history there have never been any cover-ups and that everything is the way is being portrayed by mainstream government controlled media?

No. And I don't think I said anything like that.

In my opinion there are irrational conspiracy theories with little to no evidence supporting them that people still believe in. You also have people jumping to conspiracy theories before an event is a day old, before official stories, reporting or investigations. You also have people who seem to hold contradicting conspiracy beliefs. What I'm saying is that there seems to be people who just gravitate towards conspiracy theories, I think the psychology of that is interesting.

That doesn't mean that I think no conspiracy theories could be right, never mind that there has never been any cover-ups. Not really sure where you got that idea from.

(Only replying since I was asked directly, will be happy to limit the conspiracy theory discussions in this thread if that's what people want)

644662_10151840169559307_593700373_n.jpg

The man in the cowboy hat in this photo's name is Carlos Arredondo. Carlos was at the Boston Marathon with his wife handing out American flags to runners. He lost a son to a sniper bullet in Iraq in 2004 and a second son to suicide a few years later - a depression triggered by the death of his brother. Carlos now spends a significant amount of his time on peace activism and working with vets coming home from war and was at the Marathon to hand out flags and inspire people.

Carlos does not having any medical training but when the blast went off, he ran towards the danger, jumped two fences and found the now-famous man in the wheelchair on the ground, both his legs blown off, and suffering from severe shock and critical wounds. He got him into a wheelchair and pinched the man's artery closed with two of his fingers (you can see him doing so in the photo). Because of Carlos, this man is alive today, having had surgery earlier today to remove both of his legs.

This man is a hero and deserves to have his name shouted from the rooftops. This man who lost so much still threw himself into the frenzy of panic and saved another guy's life. He might as well be Captain America as far as I'm concerned.

Back