• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bombs go off at Boston Marathon Finish Line. . .

Well it's just turned Independence Day in Israel. Put 2 and 2 together, and it's impossible to work out who did this.

Anyone think London will be cancelled?

They're "reviewing" security but shouldn't it have been top notch anyway?

I always struggle to find the right words when something like this happens. Many of you have put your thoughts nicely I think.

I hope the damage to people is as limited as possible. I hope anyone here who has family or friends near this gets good news, a horrible feeling to be waiting by the phone.

Anyone think London will be cancelled?

They're "reviewing" security but shouldn't it have been top notch anyway?

at the minute i'd be surprised if it was, as you say they must plan for this kind of thing every year and even in the 80's (with trouble much closer to home) it was never cancelled, we are very good at this kind of thing

I have to say, I find the way they report things like this pretty distasteful. To be showing the injuried, uploading pictures of them etc so soon after is not nice at all.

I completely agree. I hate how it's a ratings push for the news channels. I find it gross.

As for the actual bombs...what a depressing world we live in.

at the minute i'd be surprised if it was, as you say they must plan for this kind of thing every year and even in the 80's (with trouble much closer to home) it was never cancelled, we are very good at this kind of thing

Cancelling it would be doing what the terrorists want anyway. They're called terrorists because they aim to inflict terror so people feel the need to give in to them. If you cancel the London Martahon then your halting society a little for them. That just makes them think they're getting what they want. Unfortunately the only approach is to hope everyone's ok, give respects to the dead and carry on doing the same sort of things they attacked.

I'm not saying it's related but it's Kim Jong Il's birthday today.

Kim Jong Sun's, it is the most important day in the North Korean calender and I did say to a friend a week or two back I reckon they'd do something then. Thing is there's so many enemies of America now it's difficult to judge who it could be. No doubt someone will claim responsiblity in the next 24 hours or so though.

Cancelling it would be doing what the terrorists want anyway. They're called terrorists because they aim to inflict terror so people feel the need to give in to them. If you cancel the London Martahon then your halting society a little for them. That just makes them think they're getting what they want. Unfortunately the only approach is to hope everyone's ok, give respects to the dead and carry on doing the same sort of things they attacked.

You're absolutely spot on, but if I had been planning on watching the London marathon there's no chance I'd be going down there now.

RIP to those who have died thoughts go out o anyone effected.

Is it me or in this new age of twitter and social media is it just cool to be first person to report stuff? See people on twitter writing all sorts of brick some already been proven wrong yet they don't care just post it cos regardless if true or not have to he first to report it by all means.

You're absolutely spot on, but if I had been planning on watching the London marathon there's no chance I'd be going down there now.

did you cancel any flights you had booked (or would you have) after 9/11?

do you think we're now going to see a spate of bombings at Marathons now?

RIP to those who have died thoughts go out o anyone effected.

Is it me or in this new age of twitter and social media is it just cool to be first person to report stuff? See people on twitter writing all sorts of brick some already been proven wrong yet they don't care just post it cos regardless if true or not have to he first to report it by all means.

it started with the rise of the blog, it definitely happens, accuracy made way for speed, when everyone was given the power to be a journalist no one reminded them they still needed the responsibility to be one

did you cancel any flights you had booked (or would you have) after 9/11?

do you think we're now going to see a spate of bombings at Marathons now?

No, but watching a marathon is not an essential thing to do. They would be mad to try to do anything in London because its going to be so locked down now. But I still wouldn't be watching.

They've said London will not be cancelled and as people have said, rightly so.

It must be a logistical nightmare for security services though with a potential target area spread over 26 miles.

26 miles for 26 victims was the motto. It was to raise money for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting. Not sure if Twitter is believable but they're saying there were relatives of the Sandy Hook victims on the finish line where the first bomb went off.

Shocking scenes. The video footage graphically shows the fear that must have shot straight through the crowd after the bombs hit.

I tend to source 'non-mainstream' news and there are some interesting observations coming out. Not so much about a 'false flag' attack but the fact that there was a 'training drill' occuring during the day, sniffer dogs at the start and finish line during the morning and repeated announcements over the tannoy that the aforementioned drill was not a cause for panic.

These sorts of 'drills' have occured during many Western attacks. I understand that creating mass-panic is the last thing authorities want but IF the above is true (which by all accounts, has come straight from eyewitnesses at the scene during the day), surely the best thing is to just get people the hell out of there?

It's too soon for me to start thinking along these lines I'm sure, so I will just save a private moment for the innocent people affected by these and other bombings in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan today.

Back