• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
On your own mate ... Bale will be the worse out of the lot ... after keeping him here for this long already, he is more likely to throw his toys out more than those mentioned.

You make it sound like it's against his will.

Nothing that has come out in the media has pointed towards that.

Last edited:
You make it sound like it's against his will.

Nothing that has come out in the media has pointed towards that.

Modric came out like a bolt out of the blue ... Can you imagine Levy accepting Bale handing in a transfer request (orders from Real naturally) ...

Modric came out like a bolt out of the blue ... Can you imagine Levy accepting Bale handing in a transfer request (orders from Real naturally) ...

It really didn't. Chelsea's interest in Modric and his interest in them was obvious a long time before a transfer request occurred.

Bale his agent Real Madrid .... not just this summer im afraid

Not the same in the slightest. Modric was a taco about it in the media. Whilst Bale has been anything but.

I don't imagine for a second that he will be with us for the next ten years, but i don't see him being a c*nt about it. I'm firmly with Naija on this.

Not the same in the slightest. Modric was a taco about it in the media. Whilst Bale has been anything but.

I don't imagine for a second that he will be with us for the next ten years, but i don't see him being a c*nt about it. I'm firmly with Naija on this.

Ive lost faith you have kept yours ... I admire it. Hope im wrong ...

I think we should be looking for the next berbatov, he was amazing and i loved him. I actually thought his hold up play was the best part about this game he just never gave the ball away.

As much as i like to promote our youngsters i do not feel kane will reach the berbatov level. The position of striker is one where you really need a world class forward so i hope we search the world and find a world class stiker or one like when we signed berbatov has the potential to become world class.

Berbs was one of our best ever strikers. He was a class act last season for Fulham.

For sure Kane or Obika will never reach his heights but coming off the bench they could grab a few points for us.

Berbs was one of our best ever strikers. He was a class act last season for Fulham.

For sure Kane or Obika will never reach his heights but coming off the bench they could grab a few points for us.

Have you seen enough of Kane or Obika to say that with certainty? Genuine question... I've not seen nearly enough of them to judge.

Have you seen enough of Kane or Obika to say that with certainty? Genuine question... I've not seen nearly enough of them to judge.

I have not seen lots of either but I think it's a bit like The X Factor-it only takes a few seconds to judge if someone can sing or not.

Kane is a clever player with great stats at Millwall but he was at the wrong clubs last season. I did not think much of Obika and he seemed to lack confidence in the friendlies I watched..but he scored a couple. He scored a bagful last term and the fans liked him.

I would not wager my house on either of them making it at Spurs but I believe both could make it. Goal scorers are like gold dust so let's hope so.

I have not seen lots of either but I think it's a bit like The X Factor-it only takes a few seconds to judge if someone can sing or not.

We'll agree to differ on this one. Compare Bale now to where he was when he first joined us. Certainly there were sparks of brilliance there, but if someone said three years ago that Real Madrid would be lining up a world-record transfer bid for him this summer, I don't think anyone would be blamed for a bit of scepticism. Obviously I'm not suggesting Kane or Obika will be as good as Bale; just that players can - and often do - develop considerably as they leave their teens and pass through early 20s. And unless you've seen a lot of a player when they are young, you don't know whether those sparks of brilliance - the *potential* for improvement is there or not.

As for the X-Factor... I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the singers I love would be booted off after a few seconds. I can't see Tom Waits getting through the first audition, for example, which tells me all I need to know about a process that judges talent based on initial impressions received over a few seconds.

Again, I'm not saying that Kane or Obika have any potential. I simply don't know. But I would caution against dismissing them based on very limited experience of seeing them play.

I have seen alot of Obika and he is not going to make this grade...sorry

Agree. He's dire

Fair enough. I've not seen enough of him to know one way or the other. I was just suggesting that you can't tell whether a kid will become a great, good or bad footballer based on a handful of matches. But if you've seen him play plenty of times, it starts to become clearer. Shame really, as there's been some hype around him and I half-hoped we had a home-grown gem on our hands.

Fair enough. I've not seen enough of him to know one way or the other. I was just suggesting that you can't tell whether a kid will become a great, good or bad footballer based on a handful of matches. But if you've seen him play plenty of times, it starts to become clearer. Shame really, as there's been some hype around him and I half-hoped we had a home-grown gem on our hands.

He's not far off turning 23. I can't think of many players that come through that late that go on to become top six quality.

[video=youtube;JyQxAqYDGL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQxAqYDGL8[/video]
[video=youtube;IhD7Yfa6oMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhD7Yfa6oMY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back