• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

I know we will probably see him tonight but am trying to figure out where his future lies with us? Not slating him he has looked tidy when he has played if unspectacular but he doesn't appear a holding mf nor an attacking mf so what is his role? who is he similar to?

I know we will probably see him tonight but am trying to figure out where his future lies with us? Not slating him he has looked tidy when he has played if unspectacular but he doesn't appear a holding mf nor an attacking mf so what is his role? who is he similar to?

He is a defensive midfielder who can play as a centre half. Very good with either foot when it comes to passing. Gets across the ground well and times his challenges well, good reading of the game.

Well with the way you have described him, he sounds like Paulinho.

I think he offers more, personally.

I haven't been too impressed with Capoue his positional sense is not always the best and he offers nothing going forward so if Stambouli can provide more I would love to see him get a run of games

I haven't been too impressed with Capoue his positional sense is not always the best and he offers nothing going forward so if Stambouli can provide more I would love to see him get a run of games

It's these games that'll see him get a run of games, see Mason. I think Benji/Mason would be pretty good actually. I'd love to perhas see that against Brighton at least.

I said the same tbh but against Arsenal and Southampton he was excellent.

but you get games like Liverpool and West Brom and just wonder if its laziness.

personally speaking, before the Gooner game i thought he was weak positionally and didn't see why he was getting so much praise for his performances.

Against Pool he was absolutely atrocious.

It's a position that you'd imagine has a lot of responsibility in Pochettinos teams - it may just be a case of him coming to terms with the role

Looked a bit off the pace in the first half but probably should've ended the game with 2 goals.

@Squawka:

Benjamin Stambouli's, Man of the Match:
1 goal
3 shots
2 chances created
4 take ons completed
6 interceptions

[vine]OnZKmqFMth5[/vine]

Great to see him get his first goal for the club! Congrats Benjamin! :D

Overall a good performance by him too. A bit scary to see him get left for dead like that on those 2-3 counter attacks in the first half, but that Partizan player was quick as hell by the looks of it so not many players would keep up I think.

Some good and fairly quick passing. Effective most of the time. Put in some good tackles and seemed to encourage others to do the same. I think he deserves to start alongside Mason against Everton, but it's probably a close decision.

That Grbic was a good player. Yes Stambouli did get left behind, but he has a lot of good attributes. Technically he is excellent, strong on the ball and fierce in the challenge. Also his attitude just seems spot on to me.

He's not a DM from what I've seen though. We have a big problem in terms of protecting our back four from midfield right now

Got better as the game went on but I don't think he is up to starting in the prem just yet. As the above post says, the player was pretty quick, but let's not pretend he was lightning.

I also agree that he doesn't look like a DMC either which begs the question ... Why did we sign him? Perhaps they see him playing in that role in the future but As of this time I am not sure he is up starting for us in the league

Imagine how it would've looked if it were Capoue trying to keep up with that bloke. He was extremely fast and they aimed to score on the counter attack. Ultimately very few would've been able to keep up.

Just to add - perhaps he is ready to start - but that would be more down to default considering how bad our other options are!

Imagine how it would've looked if it were Capoue trying to keep up with that bloke. He was extremely fast and they aimed to score on the counter attack. Ultimately very few would've been able to keep up.

stambouli was behind play and had to cover davies' lack of defending. looking at it, it looks like he stops running at full pelt and decides to run towards centre half so vert can come accross. (which he didn't). seen enough of stambouli to realise he isnt slow though.

Back