• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

I still prefer Bentaleb and Mason, but the upturn in Stambouli and Dembele's performances means that we have some options now and don't need to run players into the ground which is good.
I think we're at a stage now where we could easily sub in either one of them.

I think we still suffer when we have to play both.

Agreed. Our priorities to improve should now be elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Our priorities to improve should now be elsewhere.

Just watched the 2nd half of the Sunderland game, and while it was 'only' Sunderland, Stambouli had a great half. The majority of his passes were progressive, his positioning was good and his composure was impressive. Hopefully he can bed in properly and be a good squad player for us.

Loved that drop of the shoulder he did in the second half to completely sell the Sunderland player and open up a lot of space for himself!

Thought he had his best game in a Spurs shirt and hope he'll start Wednesday.

Sure I didn't imagine it but wasn't he the player instigating the team come to the supporters after the game? I really like the look of him.

Really warming up to him, he has played well recently. He doesn't do anything spectacular but he is solid. I would suspect when we are at full strength he wouldn't be a starter but he is definitely useful to have and more than capable of filling in when need be

I posted a while back that he is the only player who could do the sweeping in front of the back four, all our other CM players do not offer the cover our CB's need. I hoped that he would be the man to do this and the signs are looking better the more he plays.

Really warming up to him, he has played well recently. He doesn't do anything spectacular but he is solid. I would suspect when we are at full strength he wouldn't be a starter but he is definitely useful to have and more than capable of filling in when need be

Teams looking to succeed require a fair few members who are solid and reliable and go about things without too much flash.

I wouldn't say he is flash, but I wouldn't say he is just solid either - he has a good bit of skill on the ball but goes about using it with the minimum of fuss...

Yeah it's despicable how more fans start to rate a player once he's playing well, how dare they, you called it first right?

Like Rabiot, and Lamela being a superstar yeah?

Which is a pathetic way of looking at things. New player comes in, completely different league in the hardest position in world football, different pace to the French division and after two games slated for not being good enough. Stambouli has always been solid for us, people like you just tend to blank out good performances and focus on the negative. He was great against palace but a dive from ledley and Stambouli is blamed. Not the likes of Eriksen or Chadli who probably deserved it more.

Rabiot was at the lane. I dont know what it takes for a deal to be struck. For all I knew that meant he was pretty close to signing. If PSG suddenly decide they don't want rid or to back on their promises to him, we can't do much.

Nor sure why you're bringing Lamela up. He will be a star. Whether it's at this club with it's poisonous fans that's another matter.

I think it's more to do with a few people calling him $hit and a waste of money after seeing him play in just 2-3 games.

That is one of the problems with some fans in todays game, if the players do not hit the ground running they are labelled brick. "I want it now and if I do not get it I well scream and scream".

Which is a pathetic way of looking at things. New player comes in, completely different league in the hardest position in world football, different pace to the French division and after two games slated for not being good enough. Stambouli has always been solid for us, people like you just tend to blank out good performances and focus on the negative. He was great against palace but a dive from ledley and Stambouli is blamed. Not the likes of Eriksen or Chadli who probably deserved it more.

Rabiot was at the lane. I dont know what it takes for a deal to be struck. For all I knew that meant he was pretty close to signing. If PSG suddenly decide they don't want rid or to back on their promises to him, we can't do much.

Nor sure why you're bringing Lamela up. He will be a star. Whether it's at this club with it's poisonous fans that's another matter.

Find a post where I've slagged him off. I do remember probably posting a somewhat nervous post about his pace when he was getting shredded in that Europa league game but I've seen good qualities in him from the start and if I were to post about his good form in recent games it would be true, not jumping on a bandwagon because Mumorn's shown all of us the way thank the lord.

Anyone else of the opinion that Poch has been so pleased with Stambouli's progression into the 1st team that it negated the need to go all out for either Schneiderlin or McCarthy in this last window?

I am. :)

Back