• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Looked a real leader of that Welsh team tonight.

A damn shame for him and Johnson that they haven't qualified. Wales have been a delight to watch in recent international tournaments.

The way Davies plays, who knows but maybe he'll have another crack at another tournament but I could also see him retiring from international duty. Either way gentle Ben has been a cracking player for them, mainly at CB as well, it is a pet peeve when hearing folks say he isn't a CB when he's played most of his international career in that position...

A damn shame for him and Johnson that they haven't qualified. Wales have been a delight to watch in recent international tournaments.

The way Davies plays, who knows but maybe he'll have another crack at another tournament but I could also see him retiring from international duty. Either way gentle Ben has been a cracking player for them, mainly at CB as well, it is a pet peeve when hearing folks say he isn't a CB when he's played most of his international career in that position...

He'll only be 32 for the 2026 WC, I'm sure he'll be there. Bearing in mind Gunter is 4 years older and has only just retired.

He'll only be 32 for the 2026 WC, I'm sure he'll be there. Bearing in mind Gunter is 4 years older and has only just retired.

Good point, in my head I had him as already being around 32, still plenty of fuel in the tank then!

I wonder what his contract situation is then. Like PEH I think he's a brilliant player to have around but aren't necessarily going to be starting games in an ideal world. If we do indeed get another left sided CB I'm not sure Davies would be happy to be back up to a back up...

Good point, in my head I had him as already being around 32, still plenty of fuel in the tank then!

I wonder what his contract situation is then. Like PEH I think he's a brilliant player to have around but aren't necessarily going to be starting games in an ideal world. If we do indeed get another left sided CB I'm not sure Davies would be happy to be back up to a back up...
I reckon he'll see his contract and then go on a free (back to Swansea?) next summer.

I think we might go for just a single quasi LB-CB (Lloyd Kelly or other) and the pair of them will cover both vdv and udogie next season. That gives Philips and Dorrington a pipeline/18 month plan too

I reckon he'll see his contract and then go on a free (back to Swansea?) next summer.

I think we might go for just a single quasi LB-CB (Lloyd Kelly or other) and the pair of them will cover both vdv and udogie next season. That gives Philips and Dorrington a pipeline/18 month plan too
He's way too good for Svanzig. I think he'll go to a lesser team like Fulham or Man Utd next.

There's a series of these being posted, only confirms himself as a model pro and clearly very intelligent. Hope he sticks around for as long as he likes.
A great listen, he speaks so well and clearly an intelligent guy. Pleased to hear he's doing his coaching badges, he could really do well considering his traits and the managers and players he has worked with.

And another player to acknowledge what a big bad monster of a manager Jose was....

I do agree, Davies has been a solid player for us over the years and just got on with his job. never understood why some fans were always on his back as not being good enough.

Versatile aswell. Yes if udogie, gets a long term injury we'd not be as good. But the same is fora number of positions.

I said 2 seasons backi'm happy with him as a bench player. Nothings changed.

Versatile aswell. Yes if udogie, gets a long term injury we'd not be as good. But the same is fora number of positions.

I said 2 seasons backi'm happy with him as a bench player. Nothings changed.
Indeed, he is a player who can be good in a number of posistions and has proved it over the years. He is not as dynamic as Udogie for sure but wherever he plays he just gets on with the job.

Back