• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Thought he was poor in the first half (who wasn't) and really improved in the second. A big loss if he misses matches.

Bit of luck with timing if VdV is ready to start the next one and we get another RCB option in soon-ish. Not sure it would have been Davies and VdV anyway, two left footed centre backs and all that.

Bit of luck with timing if VdV is ready to start the next one and we get another RCB option in soon-ish. Not sure it would have been Davies and VdV anyway, two left footed centre backs and all that.
Ange said recently:

“I don’t put as much stock into the left-sided or right-sided centre-back scenario, we just need another player in that position who can provide some more depth for us and the ability to change it up.

“It won’t matter if it is left-sided or right-sided, it is more the profile and characteristics. We didn’t go looking for a left-sided centre back at the start of the year, it just happened that Micky was the perfect centre back.

“Even if we had another left-sided one, I still would have signed him. It is about looking at the right profile, the right characteristics and seeing what is available, then going from there.”

Ange said recently:

“I don’t put as much stock into the left-sided or right-sided centre-back scenario, we just need another player in that position who can provide some more depth for us and the ability to change it up.

“It won’t matter if it is left-sided or right-sided, it is more the profile and characteristics. We didn’t go looking for a left-sided centre back at the start of the year, it just happened that Micky was the perfect centre back.

“Even if we had another left-sided one, I still would have signed him. It is about looking at the right profile, the right characteristics and seeing what is available, then going from there.”
Yeah I've never really bought into the idea that two lefties is any worse than two eighties at centre back and we've definitely seen that happen over the years. A good CB should be able to play on either side albeit with a preference.

Back