• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Davies put in a decent forward pass to Kane for an assist and had some other good moments but I do get fed up with the number of times he passes backwards, so often returning the ball straight back to the player he got it from.

I suspect it's one of the reasons why Verts prefers either to go on a run himself or pass across the back. It's also why Danny Rose is so much better going forward. He is not afraid to attack the opposing fb or cut inside and go on a marauding forward run.
Amen brother.

Some are saying Davies put in a good forward pass to Kane... I say poppyrooster. First of all the ball went from Jan to Davies and Davies just stood there paralysed as usual, facing the wrong way. His body shape is facing his own goal, but he is left footed, so he cannot go forwards, he is facing his own goal and can only pass backwards... straight back to Jan... so Jan is exasperated and just thinks "for GHod's sake man, you are a footballer, here is the football, go and do what you are paid to do" so he gives it back to Davies, who has a second chance. He doesn't do anything clever, just gets rid of it to Kane... I could make that pass. So could you. Then Kane does 99% of the work for the goal.

Amen brother.

Some are saying Davies put in a good forward pass to Kane... I say poppyrooster. First of all the ball went from Jan to Davies and Davies just stood there paralysed as usual, facing the wrong way. His body shape is facing his own goal, but he is left footed, so he cannot go forwards, he is facing his own goal and can only pass backwards... straight back to Jan... so Jan is exasperated and just thinks "for GHod's sake man, you are a footballer, here is the football, go and do what you are paid to do" so he gives it back to Davies, who has a second chance. He doesn't do anything clever, just gets rid of it to Kane... I could make that pass. So could you. Then Kane does 99% of the work for the goal.
I'll bet you or 99.9% on here couldn't make that pass. That's because we're almost all nowhere near good enough to play League 2 let alone Premier League.

Davies is definitely one-footed, but had perhaps his best game for us against Everton. He kept Coleman quiet and contributed to many attacks. But let's focus on his deficiencies and patronize his assist as so simple all of us could do it.

Davies has improved with Game time for me. When Rose first became injured I thought he was poor, against Everton I felt like he played with belief and belonged in the 1st team. I prefer Trippier as an understudy to Walker on the left, but Davies IMHO is now not a bad back up

Davies has improved with Game time for me. When Rose first became injured I thought he was poor, against Everton I felt like he played with belief and belonged in the 1st team. I prefer Trippier as an understudy to Walker on the left, but Davies IMHO is now not a bad back up
When exactly was he not a good back up? He had to cover last season and did a good job, again looked better the more games he played - which is exactly the same for just about any player on the planet, the more consistent game time you get the better you perform.....

When exactly was he not a good back up? He had to cover last season and did a good job, again looked better the more games he played - which is exactly the same for just about any player on the planet, the more consistent game time you get the better you perform.....

I felt he was weak when he came into the side as cover, therefore not a great back up (at that time but I do think he is a good back up now). I wanted to see Verts play at left back because I felt safer with him there. I think he lacks the quality of Danny Rose going forward - his crossing still needs work (but then we are spoilt with Rose), but he seems to be improving game on game.

"the more consistent game time you get the better you perform"

Against Everton I felt he had his best game for us and is getting better - and it is showing he is growing in confidence with the game time.

My only criticism would be, get that fudging fringe cut! Defensive header out and the first thing he does is push his fringe back:rolleyes:

Verts is driving forward so often he is almost definitely under instruction to do so IMO.
I think so too. Rose is the epitome of a modern wingback -- dynamic, quick, able to keep on running, decent (much-improved!) crossing, reasonable tackling. But he can't play in a back three. If Jan chunters up the field, our left channel is at best weakened, at worst completely exposed as Rose likes to hug the touchline.

Davies hasn't got the pace or the engine, I think, although he can put in a decent cross, but he is just as good a tackler and I think is defensively sound enough to play at the left of a back three. Therefore, when Jan goes on a run, Davies can just slot in and defend narrow. Still risking an overload of course, but we wouldn't be quite as exposed.

Anyway, I like him. But then, I was a massive fan of Corluka. Floppy fringe and all!

I think so too. Rose is the epitome of a modern wingback -- dynamic, quick, able to keep on running, decent (much-improved!) crossing, reasonable tackling. But he can't play in a back three. If Jan chunters up the field, our left channel is at best weakened, at worst completely exposed as Rose likes to hug the touchline.

Davies hasn't got the pace or the engine, I think, although he can put in a decent cross, but he is just as good a tackler and I think is defensively sound enough to play at the left of a back three. Therefore, when Jan goes on a run, Davies can just slot in and defend narrow. Still risking an overload of course, but we wouldn't be quite as exposed.

Anyway, I like him. But then, I was a massive fan of Corluka. Floppy fringe and all!

Charlie was a good player, and the very underestimated part of Charlie's game was what he got out of Lennon, Lennon's best games and run of form was with Charlie behind him.

congrats to Davies, good squad option for us, he actually can play CB too, so typical Poch player, got flexibility.

Full Poch quotes.

"Ben is OK -- he played a lot of games in three months and sometimes you need to rest some players, but the team played well," Pochettino said. "Son played in a position we tried to be more offensive in, tried to stop [Chelsea] in different ways -- not waiting for [Victor] Moses, pushing him to play in the back five.

"He made a very good job and when you lose, of course, you need to find and try to improve. The decision was to be more offensive, play in a way to win the game always. Ben is OK tomorrow, he needed to rest a little bit but maybe he will play tomorrow."

So just the usual Poch fudges up rotation with no forward planning.

He supposed to plan out in advance what games to rest his players in so they don't turn up the day before Chelsea and realise his full backs are knackered.
Bournemouth at home last week was the game to rest the pair of them.

Poch brings us so fudging far and then fudges up with the minor details likes this. Its so fudging frustrating.

Full Poch quotes.

"Ben is OK -- he played a lot of games in three months and sometimes you need to rest some players, but the team played well," Pochettino said. "Son played in a position we tried to be more offensive in, tried to stop [Chelsea] in different ways -- not waiting for [Victor] Moses, pushing him to play in the back five.

"He made a very good job and when you lose, of course, you need to find and try to improve. The decision was to be more offensive, play in a way to win the game always. Ben is OK tomorrow, he needed to rest a little bit but maybe he will play tomorrow."

So just the usual Poch fudges up rotation with no forward planning.

He supposed to plan out in advance what games to rest his players in so they don't turn up the day before Chelsea and realise his full backs are knackered.
Bournemouth at home last week was the game to rest the pair of them.

Poch brings us so fudging far and then fudges up with the minor details likes this. Its so fudging frustrating.

Its what itv said before, he is less experienced as a manager than Kyle Walker is as a player. Its a rooster up I agree if thats correct but its the risk with an inexperienced manager.

Personally (and I'm sure you will agree) his positives massively outweighs the balls ups

Back