• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

He is a good left back, upper half premier league but he lacks the pace and attacking prowess of Rose and is also poor on his right foot

H eis another though is getting possibly picked on with people actually ignoring the results and facts like Dier (apparently poor yet playing regularly in the best defence in the country)

One problem is that back-up players start out with a disadvantage in that they don't get to play with the same set of players week in week out. It's true that some are able to handle this and hit the ground running straight away - Winks is a great case in point - whilst others need a decent run of games before they eventually get fully up to speed and start showing what they can do. If they never get such an extended opportunity they end up being judged purely on their intermittent appearances.

Agree with both of these.

My thoughts as well.

I think rose is massively under rated defensively

I hear fans of other teams say the same about walker too... can attack but can't defend.

Ill say it again, they cannot be even remotely average defensively to be part of the best defence in the country... and id argue strongly that both rose and weaker are up ether with the very best in the world and would be eulogised if they had sexy foreign names

I think rose is massively under rated defensively

I hear fans of other teams say the same about walker too... can attack but can't defend.

Ill say it again, they cannot be even remotely average defensively to be part of the best defence in the country... and id argue strongly that both rose and weaker are up ether with the very best in the world and would be eulogised if they had sexy foreign names

Do not get me wrong i am not knocking Rose at all ( we miss him for sure) but i still think Davies is a better defender, but the way we play then Rose is the one that suits our system better. I just get fed up with the brick i hear about Davies not being a good player from a section of our fans. Its gonad*s ( imo).

Do not get me wrong i am not knocking Rose at all ( we miss him for sure) but i still think Davies is a better defender, but the way we play then Rose is the one that suits our system better. I just get fed up with the brick i hear about Davies not being a good player from a section of our fans. Its cobblers ( imo).

he is a good player and people are realising it again that in Roses absence he is good cover and is bette than a lot of full backs... his problem is he isn't Danny Rose, who lets not forget wasn't rated by a lot either until relatively recently

he is a good player and people are realising it again that in Roses absence he is good cover and is bette than a lot of full backs... his problem is he isn't Danny Rose, who lets not forget wasn't rated by a lot either until relatively recently

I admit i was one of the Rose doubters a few seasons back, there are two players who i thought would never be good enough here. One was Rose but my biggest mistake was saying Waddle was a show pony and wow did he prove me wrong as he turned into one the best wingers we have had here. :oops:

Rose and Walker have massively up'd the defensive side of their games IMO. Even their crossing has improved. I wouldn't swap them for anyone in the league.

Davies is an excellent player too, perfect backup really, but I wonder how long he'll play 2nd fiddle to Rose. Sooner or later he'll be looking to get regular playing time. A good succession plan might be to get that kid Sessegnon from Fulham in as understudy to Rose, and by the time Davies leaves he'll be ready to take his place. Everyone is sniffing around Sessegnon now though so we're in for a battle to get him.

I admit i was one of the Rose doubters a few seasons back, there are two players who i thought would never be good enough here. One was Rose but my biggest mistake was saying Waddle was a show pony and wow did he prove me wrong as he turned into one the best wingers we have had here. :oops:

Mine was "I don't get what all the fuss is about with this Modric chap!"

Davies is a decent player in his own right, but I honestly don't think he is better than Rose at any aspect of defending as a left-back. He might be more defensive (because he doesn't have Danny's attacking skill), but he's not a better defender.

It also shouldn't be forgotten that Davies is almost three years younger than Danny Rose. Whilst Davies is never going to be the same player offensively, he still has plenty of time to improve on his defensive abilities, which are already pretty solid. Whether he wants to spend that time with us as a backup remains to be seen.

It also shouldn't be forgotten that Davies is almost three years younger than Danny Rose. Whilst Davies is never going to be the same player offensively, he still has plenty of time to improve on his defensive abilities, which are already pretty solid. Whether he wants to spend that time with us as a backup remains to be seen.

But Davies hasn't played left back for all his career and rose has played it for 5 seasons

It's why both have different strengths

To be honest I had totally forgotten that. Davies in three years will be that much better.

Very good today. Looked a lot more confident moving forward and looks like he's getting into his stride as he plays more games

Given an excellent Jan Verts behind him and a run in the team he is starting to make me not worry so much about Rose and how long he is out. He wont often get a player in as good a form as Mane again this season and if we do, as long as we have this back 3 I think he will cope much better.

Back