• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Believing the Hype?

I can safely say that if Redknapp bought Suarez in the Summer I'd turn into an instant Harry hater. And Levy hater for that matter. I'd hate anyone who had anything to do with bringing him to the club. The day Suarez signs for Spurs is a day I put my support for the club on hold until he has gone. Horrid, horrid player.

Thats not actually true is it?
He's actually a very good footballer, who also happens to be a cheat and a racist - which makes him a horrid human.

He could be persuaded to stay on his feet, and maybe wire his jaw up.

But I get where you're coming from

Thats not actually true is it?
He's actually a very good footballer, who also happens to be a cheat and a racist - which makes him a horrid human.

He could be persuaded to stay on his feet, and maybe wire his jaw up.

But I get where you're coming from

I can't stand him. And I am dumbstruck that any Spurs fan would want him at the club.

One game doesn't prove that you are a great player. Pretty sure that's been covered in the Parker Sandro thread.

Over the season he has been far far too wasteful with chances.

In our team - he would get the chances to convert

chances we can provide - truckloads of the feckers

we just don't have anyone with his skill or instincts to convert them

Suarez is a complete and utter tosser, but I'd happily live with it for the goals he'd bring.

I don't need likeable footballers, just good ones will do.

In our team - he would get the chances to convert

chances we can provide - truckloads of the feckers

we just don't have anyone with his skill or instincts to convert them

There was a stat page going round about christmas showing that liverpool had created a large number of chances, and that their strikers were failing to put them away.

Suarez is not a clinical finisher, not by any stretch of the imagination.

There was a stat page going round about christmas showing that liverpool had created a large number of chances, and that their strikers were failing to put them away.

Suarez is not a clinical finisher, not by any stretch of the imagination.

you read your stats, I know what I saw
Ordinary strikers dont score hattricks like that

Are we starting to believe our own hype?

To put things mildly, the attitude of the vast majority of 'fans' throughout this board over the last few weeks has been nothing short of disgraceful.

In my opinion, the perspective of some of our fans reminds me a lot of Gareth Bale's current attitude whilst playing. He has begun to believe his own hype, his ridiculous drifting inside and cluttering up our play is really getting on my norks. You're not C.Ronaldo son! He should stay on the left and run the fullbacks, that is when he's at his most effective, it's clear to all. He should do what's best to support his TEAM.

Equally, a lot of you lot seem to believe we SHOULD be competing for the title and have CLEARLY the third best squad in the league? What an utter load of tripe!

We had an amazingly bad start to the season against the Manchester clubs, however from there we went on an absolutely superb run, the best run in many, many, many seasons.

Has it occured to some of you fellas however that perhaps we were over-achieving? Harry Redknapp has given our club some of our greatest memories in recent time, champions league qualification, a superb run in the consequent campaign and here we are again this season, in prime position to qualify for champions league. Some of you act like it is our GHod-given right to finish top four. Are people for real?

After the win against Blackburn; third position is nowhere near out of the question and we are still playing some superb football. This is something we should be proud of, not stabbing the manager in the back.

After two, i repeat, TWO reasonably poor performances against teams battling for their lives to survive relegation and the vast majority of this board has absolutely turned on OUR manager, who, let's not forget has provided us with some thoroughly amazing memories in recent times. The best in decades.

The abuse Redknapp received when the 'rumours' of the Adebayor rift and the England job acceptance emerged was thoroughly sickening. Remember these 'rumours' are simply that. There's no rift with Ade, Levy didn't turn down the FA. People are just looking for an excuse to kick the brick out of our greatest manager in GHod knows how long.

Some of you really do need to get a grip. Keep the faith. Do what YOU do best. Get behind the manager. Get behind the TEAM. Let's fudging finish third.

I feel better now.

:-s

Come on man open your eyes.

We were in a great position in Feb, 3 points off city who were top, 10 ahead of arsenal and 15 ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine. You don't do that by going on a lucky run. It was real, it happened we were that frigging good!

Then England and Fabio parted company and Harry got away with tax evasion. With the coast clear and all the media talk Harry thought he had it in the bag. Waiting for that call from the FA was painful, really painful. He couldn't think of anything else I bet and things on the pitch took a turn for the worst! We are now 4 points behind arsenal, haven't scored away from home in the prem since the emirates and have to win all our remaining games to get 4th which does not guarantee us even a chance to qualify outright!

I'm sorry but what has happened this season is unforgiveable and it's all down to a manager who took his finger off the pulse for his own gains. If he wins us 3rd then I'll gladly say he's done a grand job. Until then I've lost my confidence in him!

Last edited:
oh wait, i actually found the original article.

it was in mid-february, but that is still over half the season.

Demba Ba- 30.2%
RVP - 22.2%
Aguero- 20.5%
Hernandez- 28.6%

Suarez - 6.6%

That shows just how far behind he was, i highly doubt he has gained much ground with 'free scoring' Liverpool.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/80851182?access_key=key-9zrst7mcy8qdwhbants

(Article is from the independent)

The hatrick might have helped but he has bottled so many chances he makes Ade look prolific. In his defence he makes a good bunch of his own chances.

I was watching the Pool WBA match from the other week and Liverpool ripped them to shreds but converted nothing. WBA took the points. And I've seen a similar pattern in quiet a few Liverpool matches. fudge, I'm beginning to sound like a whiney scouser.

oh wait, i actually found the original article.

it was in mid-february, but that is still over half the season.

Demba Ba- 30.2%
RVP - 22.2%
Aguero- 20.5%
Hernandez- 28.6%

Suarez - 6.6%

That shows just how far behind he was, i highly doubt he has gained much ground with 'free scoring' Liverpool.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/80851182?access_key=key-9zrst7mcy8qdwhbants

(Article is from the independent)

I'll read my stats, and i'll watch him play and i'll still declare that he is no better then Adebayor.

Adebayor was wonderful against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, that doesn't mean he is an amazing world class striker all of a sudden.

To be qualified as that good you have to be consistent, which Suarez is anything but.

Plus stats win games. last i checked the team with more goals won. So the team that converted the most chances wins. No?

I'll read my stats, and i'll watch him play and i'll still declare that he is no better then Adebayor.

Adebayor was wonderful against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, that doesn't mean he is an amazing world class striker all of a sudden.

To be qualified as that good you have to be consistent, which Suarez is anything but.

consistently playing well or consistently scoring goals ? Suarez has consistently been Liverpools best player this season (not saying much i guess :lol:)

consistently playing well or consistently scoring goals ? Suarez has consistently been Liverpools best player this season (not saying much i guess :lol:)

I would say as a striker you would have to consistently score goals if you have the chances.

As a midfielder/defender/goalkeeper your not as expected to do it as much so you can be that good without being as prolific.

He may have been their best player, but they are currently sitting 8th. :p

Like I said in another thread Lucas was Liverpool's best player by some distance. Suarez is still good and has the potential to be great, but I don't see why he would have been good for Spurs, even ignoring his personality.

Back